2006 FYE Trade-In Prices LIST HERE

I looked at the old thread and finally noticed the "2005" part and decided it was time for a new thread.

Current sales/specials

Buy one get one free on select psp movie UMDs
Used Xbox 360 games for $39.99 and under
YMMV 20% off all used games and dvds

Credit Builders

Some of these aren't the gems Room Zoom (R.I.P.) and Pro Race Driver were but they are cool for buying, playing, and then ditching for something else.

Powerdrome (PS2) $10
.96 at Circuit City
$2.99 at Gamestop/EB
http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=938855

Mark of Kri: Rise of the Kasai $9
$5 at Best Buy http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7017131&type=product&id=1099393875653
*pricematch this at Sears or Circuit City for like $3.xx.

All games are $5 at Best Buy with coupon
*= according to wherehouse.com

Geist (gamecube) $12
Dinotopia: The Sunstone Odyssey (xbox) $18
Tecmo Arcade Classics $10*
Gretzky 2006* (Ps2) $10
Army Men RTS (gamecube) $18*
Army Men Sarge's War (gamecube) $18*
LA Rush (ps2) $10*
Genji $10*

Trade in Quotes:

:ps2:
Malice $11.25
Death by Degree $6

:ds:
Ping Pals-$1.00
Sprung-$2.50

:xbox:
Freestyle Street Soccer - $12

:gc:
Midway arcade Treasures 3--$6.00 ($1.99 at Best Buy)
Fantastic Four $6-- ($1.99 at Best Buy)

Sounds good, especially if the OP is updated daily/every-other-day
Also, I'm pretty sure you mean LA Rush, not Lash Rush
Army Men Sarge's War for GC offers $2.50 in-store at FYE, in case you wanted to put a note that people need to send it in to get $18
You might want to put the full name of Dinotopia, to any who do not know
PowerDrome would be a nice addition to the credit builders list($10.35 on site, $3 at GS/EB)
Sorry if my post is rather cluttered
Also, you didn't put the price for Gretzky, which is $10.35

i have a question for people who have traded in Army Men RTS and Army Men Sarge's War to wherehouse before....the UPC code doesn't match to the one they have on their website...is it going to be a problem?!

Also note that bundles of Powerdrome PS2 + a generic controller can be had for $5 after coupon at BestBuy (the bundles are listed in the same department as PS2 games rather than accessories).

[quote name='mackaikai']i have a question for people who have traded in Army Men RTS and Army Men Sarge's War to wherehouse before....the UPC code doesn't match to the one they have on their website...is it going to be a problem?![/QUOTE]

It depends if its scans and who you get. I had a Farenhype 9/11 that had a different upc and it wouldnt scan. However, the lady looked up the other upc Farenhype and just typed it in for me. I'm sure if it scans though you wouldnt have a problem.

Quoted:
Gretzky NHL 06 $11.25 ($5 AC)
Dinotopia $16 ($5 AC)
Rise of the Kasai $11.25 ($3.49 after PM)
Powerdrome $9 ($2 after B2G1)
Terminator 2: Extreme DVD $3.75

I'll try trading in a different upc Army Men RTS tommorrow or sometime soon

Will Wherehouse/FYE take sealed games or do they have to be open? How about stores rejecting certain games ? I've never traded before so any pointers will be good. Also, do they give in store credit or can I have it on a gift card like GR. Thanks

I was going to trade in :

Drake(.99) - 8.05
Mighty Beanz(GBA)(1.99) - 6.90
Powerdrome (.98)- 10.35
Nightmare Before Christmas(GBA)(1.99) - 6.90

Is Freestyle Street Soccer the Blockbuster Exclusive? My BB has one for like $2.

EDIT: Nevermind, I just checked on Wherehouse and the image shows the BB Exclusive cover. I'm curious if Saturday Matinee still has the same trade values as WH.

BTW, found a credit builder:

:psp: Darkstalkers Chronicle: The Chaos Tower

I believe this is the same one that's $10 at TRU, if you can even find it anymore.

Edit #3:
Holy anal retentive, Batman! Freestyle had a few fine scratches on the outer edge, nothing really even noticeable, and they wouldn't take it. It might just be the uptight people at my local store too. Anyone want a copy of freestyle soccer for $7 shipped?

[quote name='sp00ge']Is Freestyle Street Soccer the Blockbuster Exclusive? My BB has one for like $2.

EDIT: Nevermind, I just checked on Wherehouse and the image shows the BB Exclusive cover. I'm curious if Saturday Matinee still has the same trade values as WH.

BTW, found a credit builder:

:psp: Darkstalkers Chronicle: The Chaos Tower

I believe this is the same one that's $10 at TRU, if you can even find it anymore.

Edit #3:
Holy anal retentive, Batman! Freestyle had a few fine scratches on the outer edge, nothing really even noticeable, and they wouldn't take it. It might just be the uptight people at my local store too. Anyone want a copy of freestyle soccer for $7 shipped?[/quote]

yah...my local wherehouse rejected my Freestyle soccer b/c of tiny scratches too, oh well =o it's only 2 bucks

i had another copy of it and it was mint and they accepted that one =o

Traded in today at my local Specs/FYE:

Army Men RTS = $20
Radiata Stories = $15

I tried to bring in Wallace and Gromit ($1) and Darkstalkers (Not in system even through the search option) and didn't.

Hate to ask this but does Warehouse give only online credit? or can I get a credit that can be used in store? Any help would be apreciated.

[quote name='drsuper23']Traded in today at my local Specs/FYE:

Army Men RTS = $20
Radiata Stories = $15

I tried to bring in Wallace and Gromit ($1) and Darkstalkers (Not in system even through the search option) and didn't.

Hate to ask this but does Warehouse give only online credit? or can I get a credit that can be used in store? Any help would be apreciated.[/quote]

just wondering where did you get your Army Men RTS?

Army Men RTS is $10 at Best Buy and Target. It looks like the game got a reprint but with a different sku so becareful if your buying it just to flip.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']Army Men RTS is $10 at Best Buy and Target. It looks like the game got a reprint but with a different sku so becareful if your buying it just to flip.[/quote]

yah i'm the one who found out about the new SKU

that's why i am asking where he got his Army RTS =p

oh, my bad. :)

What I found suprising is that two Best Buy stores I go to actually sold out of both Army RTS and Sarge's War. I guess the price tag appealed to people.

I got it from Kmart about 2 months ago during one of their blue light sales. It wasn't part of the sale as it was clearanced for if I remember correctly $6. I have tried to find it again but with no luck around where I live.

By the way, can anyone answer my question about Warehouse giving credit that can be used in stores?

[quote name='mackaikai']just wondering where did you get your Army Men RTS?[/QUOTE]

Is the new sku getting a less amount with trade in? The one that I gave to the lady wasn't in the system so she had to look it up in the system to be able to add it to the trade in.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']Army Men RTS is $10 at Best Buy and Target. It looks like the game got a reprint but with a different sku so becareful if your buying it just to flip.[/QUOTE]

Plus there's a good chance of getting a scratched game (even if it's only a minor scratch, we all know how picky most FYE's are)

Ya know, I'm kind of glad that FYE is SO picky about taking in scratched games because I think we can all attest to just splurging on an EB/GS game at one time or another and getting it home to find that it looks like someone played pavement frisbee with it.

And I've known about Powerdromes high trade in price for a while now, even found a copy at a local EB that was UNopened, traded that in to, with no problems.

I just told them I heard the game was crap, so I didn't even bother opening it.

THAT game is how I amassed MOST($70) of my $107 in credit that I used last week to buy a PStwo.

So how's this for bizzare?

I swung by the only remaining wherehouse store in my area this morning and found a used copy of Wallace & Gromit in Project Zoo for $4.99! I didn't buy it because I thought that the trade-in value may have dropped, but I just checked and online it's still $18.40. They had a copy of TimeSplitters that was also marked at $4.99.

Just something to be on the lookout for!

Well I just got lucky. Someone traded in a Mint copy of Marvel vs Capcom 2 (PS2). I traded in Bujingai = 6.25 credit, Gun Metal = 7.50 credit, and Geist = 15.00 credit. I got MvC2 for $14.99 and still have a 12.71 credit from FYE. Got to love it. Some guy was actually looking at the MvC2 game and just decided to put it back down. Snatched it up right away withought thinking.

I wish that BB had the $5 off any game coupon still as Geist is $9.99 there. I would make a killing right away with it. I'll wait and see if something else does come up soon before Geist looses it's trade in value.

Picked it up for 7.xx and change at Ebay on Saturday went to Fye and got 16.00 cash. Going to try a few others later this week to see what i can come up with.

Just traded in
WWE Smackdown vs Raw psp $25
Soul Calibur 3 $25
wouldn't take darkstalkers said it wasn't in there system

anyone know how much they give for PSP games?
I'm thinking Frogger PSP and Infected PSP...
anyone know...otherwise they are going to GameCrazy.

Just a thought, but do we really need to keep the 2005 FYE thread stickied anymore now that we have the 2006 thread?

I tried trading in some games today but I was told they only took PSP and xbox 360 (since they had too many ps2 games). It could just be the one store, but it's a huge one. Anyone else run into similar problems?

by the way I did my first wherehouse.com tradein few weeks ago and I got the credit very quickly, very highly recommended!!! they have some 'ok' price on used games/DVD =)

you just gotta love that they are still paying that price for Powerdrome! my local Powerdrome has like 4 copies from me already =p

The store I went to yesterday had a backlog of trades and said they weren't taking in any more until next week.

Trip wasn't a total wash, though -- they had a used copy of Inu Yasha season 2 marked as movie 2. With the backstage pass card and the $5 off any anime dvd $14.99 or less promo that they were running it wound up only being $9!. Was a little annoyed that I actually had to spend cash at FYE to get it, but I figured I could make an exception just this once ;-)

More High Dollar Trades:

Darkwatch xbox 23.00
Incredible Hulk: Ulitimate Destruction xbox 13.80
Outlaw Golf 2 (specific UPC) xbox 18.40
Mission Impossible Operation Surma (2004) GC 13.80
Roadkill (2003) GC 13.80
Darkstalkers Chronicle: The Chaos Tower PSP 23.00

I found these by using the infinitely more usable search tool from the secondspin site

http://www.secondspin.com/sell.jsp

Just enter the keyword in the games section (xbox, psp, ds, gamecube)

went to FYE today and was going to preorder my Wii....but the manager told me they can't accept store credits for any consoles or iPod... ;(

-_- hopefully that's just that one FYE....going to try the other FYE this sunday

[quote name='stoned99']DS True Swing Golf is showing 18.40 in credit at wherehouse.com[/quote]
this game is not in FYE's computer system, tried 2 FYEs and both told me it's not in system so they will only give me 99 cents.

PS. it's ~12.50 at Gamecrazy after MVP card

That's nonsense. Merchandise credit is exactly that, for any merchandise. I have used store credit to buy an XBox and a DS (each was purchased at a different store).

If the 2nd store also refuses, ask where it says that merchandise credit can only be used on certain items or contact corporate and complain.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']That's nonsense. Merchandise credit is exactly that, for any merchandise. I have used store credit to buy an XBox and a DS (each was purchased at a different store).

If the 2nd store also refuses, ask where it says that merchandise credit can only be used on certain items or contact corporate and complain.[/quote]

hey thanks for the fast reply! i will update my story on sunday and hopefully everything will be alright =)

after hearing those 30 dollars rebate miracleously turned into 3 dollars rebate for PStwo and now this "no store credit for consoles", FYE is really going down -_-

bread's done
Back