Return Policies for Online/B&M Stores

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
69 replies to this topic

#1 moiety

moiety

Yardsaling CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2004 - 06:31 PM

Please refer to the CAG Wiki for an updated list of return policies.

#2 st0neface

st0neface

astro travellin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2004 - 06:33 PM

That is quite a fine post you got there, that should be a sticky or something.

#3 JohnnyDrama

JohnnyDrama

VICTORY!!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2004 - 04:31 PM

this is a good resource

#4 puzzlefite

puzzlefite

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2004 - 10:19 PM

Quick question:

For instance EB, Do they have to receive the games in 30 days or the package just have to be postmarked?

Thanks.
Xbox Live Code Virtual FAQ
This FAQ has all the info you need to know about how to trade Xbox Live codes and not get ripped off.

#5 moiety

moiety

Yardsaling CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2004 - 11:17 PM

I would think by the post-marked date, but you should email their customer service to find out for sure. Link provided above.

#6 gamefreak

gamefreak

Posted 08 April 2004 - 02:31 PM

I called EB and mine said they take returns from their online store so you might want to add that there (with a possible YMMV).
Posted Image

#7 moiety

moiety

Yardsaling CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2004 - 02:39 AM

Merchandise purchased at EBgames.com may not be returned or exchanged at EB Games stores. The policies of EB Games stores may vary from EBgames.com.

A mention of that was already in there, but I'll reword it. Thanks! :)

#8 Strider Turbulence

Strider Turbulence

Son of the Old Gods

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2004 - 06:10 AM

The return policy for new games at the EB stores I go to are 14 days, which fucking sucks.

birdie-intro.gifAlpha 2

#9 supermariomelee

supermariomelee

Posted 22 May 2004 - 05:50 AM

Actually EBgames.com have updated their site, it now mentions that games that were bought from ebgames.com can be exchanged or returned at a Electronics Boutique store if you have the original packaging list(order form). Games bought through EB catalogue cannot be exchanged or returned at a EB store. This policy has now been updated in their return policy in the help section of the site.

#10 gamefreak117

gamefreak117

the lamefreak711

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2004 - 05:55 AM

this is one excellent page you have compiled, I think I will just copy and print out the list for further refererence, so It'll be convenient when I have to return something. This will save me time, and come in handy; I think I'll just paste it on my wall.

Thanks for your efforts, I appreciate it :)

#11 moiety

moiety

Yardsaling CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2004 - 04:35 AM

Actually EBgames.com have updated their site, it now mentions that games that were bought from ebgames.com can be exchanged or returned at a Electronics Boutique store if you have the original packaging list(order form). Games bought through EB catalogue cannot be exchanged or returned at a EB store. This policy has now been updated in their return policy in the help section of the site.

Thanks for bringing that to my attention! I fixed it above. :)

#12 GizmoGC

GizmoGC

I love Cheese

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 June 2004 - 07:21 PM

Would you like the return/warranty policy for Game Crazy? If so I will type it up for you.

#13 moiety

moiety

Yardsaling CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2004 - 12:53 AM

Sure! PM me with the policy and I'll credit you! Thanks!

#14 moiety

moiety

Yardsaling CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2004 - 03:11 PM

gizmogc -
I haven't heard from you so I went ahead and posted Game Crazy's policy. It was rather short anyway. 8)

Also added Buy.com, GoGamer.com, and Newegg.com, covering almost all of the stores listed on CAG's front page.

#15 GizmoGC

GizmoGC

I love Cheese

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2004 - 01:02 AM

Moiety, its actually a 90 day warranty on used.

-90 warranty on Used software and hardware. You are allowed to try before you buy, so we consider all used sales final (can't return because of dislike)
- New product is under warranty for 7 days after
purchase
- Money back within 7 days of NEW items if unopened.

#16 sj41

sj41

That's Bitchin'

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2004 - 01:10 AM

Does anyone know what a regular Block Busters return policy is for used games? It could really help me out. Thanks.

#17 moiety

moiety

Yardsaling CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2004 - 03:09 AM

gizmo, where did u see that? I just went by what they had on their site.

I'll update, thanks.

#18 GizmoGC

GizmoGC

I love Cheese

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2004 - 07:14 PM

sj41, Used has a 30 day warrany.

Moiety, I run a Game Crazy. That's pretty much what are policy is. I can type it word for word if you like later today/tomorrow.

#19 moiety

moiety

Yardsaling CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2004 - 09:43 PM

gizmo,
That'd be great! Didn't realize you ran a Game Crazy. :) Thanks for your help.

#20 gamefreak117

gamefreak117

the lamefreak711

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2004 - 09:48 PM

thanks, this should be a sticky! :)
Proud owner of Xbox.
There is no I in team but there is m and e.
Posted Image

#21 moiety

moiety

Yardsaling CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2004 - 09:55 PM

thanks, this should be a sticky! :)

Hehe, it is! :wink:

#22 MixMasta

MixMasta

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2004 - 02:53 PM

Someone should make a Pricematch thread as well because this is a good idea.
..::]Michigan State Spartan[::..

#23 help1

help1

What a dumb username

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2004 - 01:41 AM

Does Fye's need a receipt if I want store credit?

#24 vherub

vherub

Posted 17 August 2004 - 04:22 PM

?

with returns to gamestop.com- i have the box, unopened, can I just mark it "Return to Sender" drop it in a mailbox and return it that way?

instead of paying for shipping...

#25 ananag112

ananag112

CAGS FOR COCO!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2004 - 05:44 PM

I got a Xbox as a gift. I already have a Xbox so I want to return it to get money to buy some games. I don't have a recipt. Where can I return it? I would like cash, but store credit is fine as well. Thansk for your help.

#26 Cable387

Cable387

Naked and Sticky!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2004 - 03:57 AM

Ok, walmart B&M return policy question. If I were to buy 3 games in the upcoming TRU deal, keep two of them unopened, could I take the unopened games to Walmart without a receit and get full credit for them? I've heard people say that you can return 3 things per year to walmart every year without a receit but it's safer to ask here.

#27 moiety

moiety

Yardsaling CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2004 - 11:55 PM

Ok, this sticky was created for the sole purpose of quickly accessing the various return policies of online and B&M stores, i.e. items you have purchased and for whatever reason have decided to return them and want to know the policy (what you need to do, have, etc.). This is not meant as a resource to try to "scam" stores, (returning merchandise from other stores to get more money back). Please refrain from these questions.

#28 CorrieCubed

CorrieCubed

Corporate Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2005 - 04:44 AM

Blockbuster/GameRush return policy.

BLOCKBUSTER guarantees the quality of previously viewed movies and games. If there is a problem with the movie or game, bring it back with your receipt within 30 days and we will exchange the movie or game. Refunds if unopened.

All new unopened hardware can be exchanged or refunded with a receipt(unless it was done on a membership account). No returns for defective systems as they come with manufacturer warranty.

All preowned hardware comes with a 30 day guarantee. Exchanges and refunds only given with receipt unless they were done on the account.

Preowned software has a 30 day guarentee. No returns if you don't like it unless you want regular trade in value credit.

#29 moiety

moiety

Yardsaling CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2005 - 04:12 AM

Thanks Cory! I'll add this to the front page!

I believe the existing return policies are still the same. If I am missing any stores that you guys want on here, feel free to pm me or post either the store or the whole policy as CoryCubed did.

#30 salmonaxxx

salmonaxxx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2005 - 05:10 AM

The EB return policy on used games seems vague. Is it possible to return a used game for a refund/credit? I want to buy a used game, and use it for a trade in deal, but I don't want to be stuck with the game if the deal doesn't work...