Pizza Hut Japan: Sausage Crust Pizza!

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Mrs. Cheapy and I ordered some Pizza Hut the other night and I was shocked to learn that they had a new product, Sausage Crust Pizza!
It contains full on sausage links along with bacon and cheese.
No, we didn't order it..we went with The Hawaiian (with thin crust).

Check out the rest of their offerings here:
http://www.pizzahut.jp/menu/

Wow, I didn't know there were actual Pizza Huts in Japan!

But yeah, we've had those sausage-stuffed crust pizzas out here in Mie for a while now. (from either Pizza-La or Aoki's, I can't remember which)

Unfortunately I never got to try it b/c my friend doesn't like to eat meat! GRR!

ugggh, i can feel my arteries tightening allready. Good too see though that another fellow CAG eats Hawaiian :). Do you ever just get pineapple instead? Sometimes places have real shitty canadian bacon.

Ack!! Cheapy how can you possibly stand Pizza Hut after living in NYC?!?!?!? Seriously that stuff makes me want to vomit just thinking about it along with Papa John's, Dominos or any other chain where they bake the pizzas on a conveyor belt. I can't believe people even call it pizza.

[quote name='javeryh']Ack!! Cheapy how can you possibly stand Pizza Hut after living in NYC?!?!?!? Seriously that stuff makes me want to vomit just thinking about it along with Papa John's, Dominos or any other chain where they bake the pizzas on a conveyor belt. I can't believe people even call it pizza.[/quote]

Simple, I don't live in NYC anymore.
I feel like Dominos / Pizza Hut are better here than in the States, but I can't really prove it.

Why is it everytime a meat product is mentioned on these forums, you get a handful of heart attack and clogged artery comments? You know, you CAN eat large quantities of meat from time to time without dropping dead of a massive heart attack.

And screw this sausage crust pizza, Pizza Hut needs to bring back the Insider/Triple Decker pizza.

[quote name='CheapyD']Simple, I don't live in NYC anymore.
I feel like Dominos / Pizza Hut are better here than in the States, but I can't really prove it.[/quote]

Makes sense I guess - you've got to eat pizza somewhere. Still, there's nothing like NY pizza - it's like they sprinkle crack on the pie or something. I have no doubts that Pizza Hut does taste better there than here. I've never been to Japan but I've traveled Europe pretty extensively and every time I ate somewhere "American" like a McDonalds or Burger King the food tasted miles better than it does in the States...

I feel like Dominos / Pizza Hut are better here than in the States, but I can't really prove it.[/QUOTE]

Perhaps a 16" diameter ring of sausage would bolster your claim?

~$35 for a large pizza? Holy living fuck!

Damn, they really have some variety on that menu. Too bad I can't read what they are putting on the pizzas however.

Edit: Good grief at the prices!

Goddamn pizza is expensive. $24.81 (converted from 2490 yen) for a large? Un-fucking-believable! I can get a large 3-topping for $5.99!

[quote name='javeryh']Makes sense I guess - you've got to eat pizza somewhere. Still, there's nothing like NY pizza - it's like they sprinkle crack on the pie or something. I have no doubts that Pizza Hut does taste better there than here. I've never been to Japan but I've traveled Europe pretty extensively and every time I ate somewhere "American" like a McDonalds or Burger King the food tasted miles better than it does in the States...[/QUOTE]

javeryh - what's your pie of choice? Me, I'm a Joe's (down on Bleeker) man. Every time I head back to NYC, that's the one food I always find time to scarf down.

[quote name='thorbahn3']Wow! Can Japanese people get heart attacks, because they will now. :D[/quote]

Mmm... I'm holding out for cigarette crust pizza. Light me up a slice.

[quote name='javeryh']Makes sense I guess - you've got to eat pizza somewhere. Still, there's nothing like NY pizza - it's like they sprinkle crack on the pie or something. I have no doubts that Pizza Hut does taste better there than here. I've never been to Japan but I've traveled Europe pretty extensively and every time I ate somewhere "American" like a McDonalds or Burger King the food tasted miles better than it does in the States...[/QUOTE]

This isnt possibly due to this is it:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7279844/did/12287818?GT1=7938

[quote name='javeryh']Ack!! Cheapy how can you possibly stand Pizza Hut after living in NYC?!?!?!? Seriously that stuff makes me want to vomit just thinking about it along with Papa John's, Dominos or any other chain where they bake the pizzas on a conveyor belt. I can't believe people even call it pizza.[/QUOTE]

I work at Papa Johns, don't knock the conveyor belt, I have had pizza in a straight oven and it normally comes out either overcooked or undercooked. Conveyor always gets it just right.

Huge props to pineapple, greatest topping EVAHHH!

[quote name='javeryh']Ack!! Cheapy how can you possibly stand Pizza Hut after living in NYC?!?!?!? Seriously that stuff makes me want to vomit just thinking about it along with Papa John's, Dominos or any other chain where they bake the pizzas on a conveyor belt. I can't believe people even call it pizza.[/QUOTE]

Coming from Chicago, and Chicago-land... then going to West Lafayette, IN and Dekalb, IL for school... I can whole-heartedly agree with you. Unfortunately those places are my only choices around here... unless I venture home and am able to get some dough from the store, then I just do some homemade with Mom's gravy/sauce.

The price is definitely high, but I would bet that a lot of that has to do with the fact that fast food in foreign countries IS of much higher quality than what we get here in the US. American fast food is predominately made up of whatever crud is left over after they ship the real food to supermarkets and quality restaurants. Trust me, the meat that goes into a McDonald's hamburger is stuff that you'd NEVER see in a grocery store - you'd have people vomiting at the meat counter. Heck, I suspect most brands of dog food use better quality meat than McDonalds. McDonald's hamburgers are made up of whatever is left over after the supermarket and Alpo take their picks, ground up with fillers, artificial flavors and laxitives (so you can poop the stuff out before it does real damage to you.) Mmm, tasty...

We Americans like to make fun of most of the rest of the world for the disgusting foods they eat, but in reality, a bowl of fried cockroaches would probably be better for you than most of the crap we shovel down our throats. If they actually served REAL American food at fast food joints overseas, they'd be out of business in a month. So, they use actual food ingredients in their food overseas. The high price is just the cost of that. Its pretty much what we'd be paying over here, if people would start refusing to eat cow heads in their hamburgers.

[quote name='Drocket']The price is definitely high, but I would bet that a lot of that has to do with the fact that fast food in foreign countries IS of much higher quality than what we get here in the US. American fast food is predominately made up of whatever crud is left over after they ship the real food to supermarkets and quality restaurants. Trust me, the meat that goes into a McDonald's hamburger is stuff that you'd NEVER see in a grocery store - you'd have people vomiting at the meat counter. Heck, I suspect most brands of dog food use better quality meat than McDonalds. McDonald's hamburgers are made up of whatever is left over after the supermarket and Alpo take their picks, ground up with fillers, artificial flavors and laxitives (so you can poop the stuff out before it does real damage to you.) Mmm, tasty...

We Americans like to make fun of most of the rest of the world for the disgusting foods they eat, but in reality, a bowl of fried cockroaches would probably be better for you than most of the crap we shovel down our throats. If they actually served REAL American food at fast food joints overseas, they'd be out of business in a month. So, they use actual food ingredients in their food overseas. The high price is just the cost of that. Its pretty much what we'd be paying over here, if people would start refusing to eat cow heads in their hamburgers.[/quote]

:lol: thank God i ate my lunch before i read your submission :puke:

I feel like Dominos / Pizza Hut are better here than in the States, but I can't really prove it.[/QUOTE]

Same when I went to Manila, Phillips. The Pizza Hut was better down there.

[quote name='Drocket']The price is definitely high, but I would bet that a lot of that has to do with the fact that fast food in foreign countries IS of much higher quality than what we get here in the US. American fast food is predominately made up of whatever crud is left over after they ship the real food to supermarkets and quality restaurants. Trust me, the meat that goes into a McDonald's hamburger is stuff that you'd NEVER see in a grocery store - you'd have people vomiting at the meat counter. Heck, I suspect most brands of dog food use better quality meat than McDonalds. McDonald's hamburgers are made up of whatever is left over after the supermarket and Alpo take their picks, ground up with fillers, artificial flavors and laxitives (so you can poop the stuff out before it does real damage to you.) Mmm, tasty...

We Americans like to make fun of most of the rest of the world for the disgusting foods they eat, but in reality, a bowl of fried cockroaches would probably be better for you than most of the crap we shovel down our throats. If they actually served REAL American food at fast food joints overseas, they'd be out of business in a month. So, they use actual food ingredients in their food overseas. The high price is just the cost of that. Its pretty much what we'd be paying over here, if people would start refusing to eat cow heads in their hamburgers.[/QUOTE]

Oh horseshit. You make it sound like the Big Macs in Belgium are made from the tenderloin of a Kobe cow. The articles cited above dicsuss variation in fat content, and the largest source of that discrepancy is the oil used in the fryer. Don't kid yourself. A Big Mac is as bad for you in the country God loves (that's us) as it is in the nations he loathes (Europe).

They don't eat 4 of them a week, however. I do know that, statistically, the average American consumes 24oz (two cans) of soda per day, which accmulates to roughly 450 extra (empty) calories per day, or 3140 extra empty calories (and extra *entire* day and a half's worth of calories based on FDA dietary reccomendations). It may not all be Big Macs, bebe.

I do think that, after a righteous night of drinking, I may want to call Pizza Hut Japan and see if they can EMS one of those fucking Pizzas. $100 delivery charge!

[quote name='Moxio']Goddamn pizza is expensive. $24.81 (converted from 2490 yen) for a large? Un-fucking-believable! I can get a large 3-topping for $5.99![/QUOTE]

What?! Where can you get a 3 topping large for 6 bucks?

[quote name='2poor']What?! Where can you get a 3 topping large for 6 bucks?[/QUOTE]

Heh, it's a local deal (I can't even put up YMMV because it's only around here). My dad's friend owns a pizza shop and they have great deals on their pizzas.

I think wrapping the sausage in bacon and cheese is a bit excessive but I would probably still try it. I use to like pizza hut and domininos when I was younger but I have had bad experiences lately. I think they turn the speed up on their conveyor belt too high during peak times because the last couple times my pizza was burnt around the outsides but doughy in the middle. So I started going to a local place that sells an 18" 2 topping for like $10.

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']Why is it everytime a meat product is mentioned on these forums, you get a handful of heart attack and clogged artery comments? You know, you CAN eat large quantities of meat from time to time without dropping dead of a massive heart attack.

And screw this sausage crust pizza, Pizza Hut needs to bring back the Insider/Triple Decker pizza.[/quote]I myself loved the double deckeroni, with 90 pieces of pepperoni.

Is Pizza Hut relatively popular in Japan? Maybe its just my lack of knowledge, but I never really thought of the japanese as having a love of greasy, calorie packed pizzas.

That sausage looks more like a hot dog to me...haha.

I tend to eat foods high in fat and/or sodium constantly and yet that pizza still freaks me out. And now I feel good knowing that I can, when absolutely necessary, show slight restraint when it comes to making food decisions. High Five. I checked the menu (I like the pizza names) and the crust looks pretty weird across the board no? And yet I want one right now. Or Lombardis. Lombardis is good. Or John's is also nice. I've never been to Joes. I need to try it.

Pizza Hut in China is definitely not expensive, but more than the average Chinese family can afford. A medium pizza ranges from 80-100 Yuan, which ranges from $10-$12.50. An average white collar worker earns about 2000 yuan per month pre-tax. Blue collar workers tend to earn around 800 yuan. So, in perspective, its very expensive.

The crust in itself is 4 meals. I'm fat and won't eat that. I want to know who said "you know what we need is meat in the crust of the pizza They'll get'em"

Just when you thought they couldn't fit any more meat on a pizza, they surprise you with something like this. Bravo to the pizza engineers at the 'Hut.

The sausages look more like hot dogs to me. Pigs in a blanket, anyone?

[quote name='radjago']Just when you thought they couldn't fit any more meat on a pizza, they surprise you with something like this. Bravo to the pizza engineers at the 'Hut.

The sausages look more like hot dogs to me. Pigs in a blanket, anyone?[/quote]

Exactly.

They could make the DEATH pizza if they wanted to...

A triple decker meat n' cheese stuffed crust XL sized pizza. fucking thing would weigh as much as two 6-month old babies holding a bowling ball. And I'm sure the box would have a coupon on it for a free trip to the hospital.

Speaking of monster foods. There's this place near wear I live called Chee Burger and the burgers are like a pound of beef I think. They look scary.

I never should have read this thread! I'm due to get some wisdom teeth taken out in the morning at 11am and I can't have anything 8 hours prior, which means 30 mins prior to this post, I had to stop even drinking water. Then again, I can have some water if I wanted, but I'd have to go for a local anesthesic instead of the IV I chose. Bad experience years ago getting one side taken out made me want to be knocked da fuck out. Put it this way, I wanted to put the sharp end of the tools in the doctors eye because I felt it all. Sorry to rant or sound like a thread crap. Percocet and Darvocet are making me slightly loopy at the moment lol

bread's done
Back