Thank You for Your Last Movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eviltude

CAGiversary!
Feedback
27 (100%)
Decent name? Eh? EH?!? To follow with the theme, Thank You for Smoking was great. Go see it. Go see Silent Hill Friday too. Hoorah!

I haven't really watched any movies lately, plan to see Scary Movie 4 on the big screen and hopefully watch Hostel on the small screen this weekend.

If my local theatre had Silent Hill at it, I'd definitely go see it, but I don't feel like driving half an hour to go and see if then drive back, while wasting almost $10 of gas in that time.

Had too look for this one, nice title though. UNSEATED BY EVILTUDE?! Drat. Uh, Corky Romano, when it was on Comedy Central. That movie sucked cock so hard, except for the part when he says his girlfriend's name is Sue Suddio, after the Genesis song. :lol:

[quote name='sixersballernum3']I plan on renting Hostel soon. I was going to buy it, but Target was out today. I guess a rent will suffice.[/quote]

I'mma make you detail all the gory deaths to me over AIM since I'm too pussy to see it myself. :D

[quote name='Tiphireth']I'mma make you detail all the gory deaths to me over AIM since I'm too pussy to see it myself. :D[/quote]

Vuja de, says I.

But, okay. :lol:

[quote name='smalien1']mean girls
:([/quote]

You didnt like mean girls? Man everyone i know that it was funny as hell. I think you are the first one i have ever met that didnt like it.

Assuming thats what you actually mean by the frowning face.

Just Watched Ronin and The Devils Rejects.

[quote name='sixersballernum3']I plan on renting Hostel soon. I was going to buy it, but Target was out today. I guess a rent will suffice.[/QUOTE]
My Best Buy had Hostel on sale for 15 bucks. I doubt its YMMV so you might want to check it out online or at your local store.

[quote name='Eviltude']My Best Buy had Hostel on sale for 15 bucks. I doubt its YMMV so you might want to check it out online or at your local store.[/QUOTE]
yeah, so did mine.

[quote name='I AM WILLIAM H. MACY']Scary Movie 4 - 6.5/10
[highligh]I *heart* Huckabee's - 9/10[/highlight]
Broadcast News - 7/10[/QUOTE]
Just bought I _>

Rocky Horror Picture Show.........WTF is wrong with that movie? I only seen bits here and there from time to time but this was the first time i acutally sat down and watched it. Confused? You bet i am.

Scary Movie 4 - It was alright, didn't have high expectations.

Thank You for Smoking - Really liked this movie. Go watch it!

Thunderball. Sean Connery's 4th (?) Bond film, and the only one I never saw. Pretty cool underwater fight scene with spearguns and sharks swimming around!

[quote name='Soodmeg']You didnt like mean girls? Man everyone i know that it was funny as hell. I think you are the first one i have ever met that didnt like it.

Assuming thats what you actually mean by the frowning face.

Just Watched Ronin and The Devils Rejects.[/quote]

Ronin is one of my favorites movies...

SILENT HILL! I loved it, might see it again this weekend for FREE! Ya...good plot, good description of it, good ending, gets to the action fast. Very good.

[quote name='shieryda']Ronin is one of my favorites movies...[/quote]

Yeah...i heard it was good so i netflixed it. I thought it was really well done...you dont know what the hell is going to happen most of the movie. Nothing but quality there i suggest people who havent seen it to give it a shot.

Last movie actually was Thank You For Smoking...which was absolutely phenomenal. Very well written, acted well, and enjoyable all around. It didn't hurt that seeing movies like that in a theater where the entire audience is laughing just makes them even better.

Having two indie theaters in downtown Ann Arbor is really nice, especially since they know what they're doing. :)

[quote name='Scorch']Butterfly Effect for the millionth time.. love that movie.. the alternate ending is just.. wow.[/quote]

Ooh, I love that movie. When you say alternate ending, are you referring to:

When he goes back to his birth and kills himself with the umbilical cord?

When I first saw the movie it was from Netflix, and the disc I got ha donly the Director's Cut version, and when I bought it I watched both the theatrical and Cut versions. So I forgot which is which. But the one above is amazing.

Yeah saw Silent Hill last night. It was cool but I which they had more of the creatures in it. The kid creatures were cool.

I finally saw Crash.

Pretty good movie but way overrated. The way some people talk about it you would think it is the end all of all movies.

[quote name='Tiphireth']I'mma make you detail all the gory deaths to me over AIM since I'm too pussy to see it myself. :D[/QUOTE]
it's really not that bad. in fact, the second time through it's downright funny.

robocop - criterion edition

fun movie, a lot of social commentary going on, especially for an 80's action flick. also, according to director paul verhoeven, it was his vision for the 21st century messiah. i'll have to watch it again and keep that in mind.

hostel

my buddy's roommate rented it. saw it back in the theater. it's funny for the wrong reasons...the gore doesn't go far enough and isn't very creative considering the hype they gave it. the ending is too clean and simple...i'm talking like star wars episode 3 here. it ends quick and simple because it has to. the stakes weren't very high. it NEEDS tension and higher stakes. still amusing to watch.

Silent Hill[quote name='darkmere']it's really not that bad. in fact, the second time through it's downright funny.[/QUOTE]It was downright funny the first time through. But I enjoyed it enough to pick up the DVD this evening. :lol:

EDIT:I quoted the wrong person...I meant to quote whoever made the comment about the little kids in Silent Hill.

Weren't the little kid type things in the first game? Near the very beginning when your running thru Silent Hill when you first get there and the kids start chasing you around in the fenced in area behind some
houses?

Anyways, I "watched" Resivoir Dog's last night(Didn't really pay much attention) and then I

The Wolf Man (1941).

I've been working my way through the Universal Monster movies, and I'm really digging them. They may not seem as scary by today's standards, but they've got a certain charm.

Slither, at the theatre. I loved it.

Jackie Brown on DVD. Loved it too.

EDIT: Almost forgot, before I saw Slither, I saw Nightwatch at the local independant theatre. Amazing, amazing movie. Highly recommended.

[quote name='BlueWingX']The Wolf Man (1941).

I've been working my way through the Universal Monster movies, and I'm really digging them. They may not seem as scary by today's standards, but they've got a certain charm.[/QUOTE]
I realized how desensitized I am yesterday while watching Silent Hill. The entire theater jumped at one point and I was really into but didnt get scared at all. Oh well, I'm not one for spooking I guess.

[quote name='Eviltude']I realized how desensitized I am yesterday while watching Silent Hill. The entire theater jumped at one point and I was really into but didnt get scared at all. Oh well, I'm not one for spooking I guess.[/QUOTE]At the theater I was in some woman literally screamed at the screen and I didn't even notice what she was screaming at. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back