CheapAss ESPN NFL2K5 League?

Ultimate Matt X

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
I was thinking about the idea of a league and after I saw someone mention in the NFL2K5 price thread I thought I'd bring this up. So who all here might be interested in joining a league?

I'm willing to start one, but I think I wanna at least give it a few weeks and size up the game a bit. I'm currently signed up for another league so that might give me an idea to see how the game goes.

If I do start up a league I'd probably aim at playing a full 16 game season with everybody picking one of the teams. If the demand is there we could limit the league to just people on here, but if not I've talked to other people about starting a league too.

I've never played in a league or clan of any sort so I'll be new to this. Do I have to sign up to do this?

Well, if it's anything like XSN it is going to be very very simple to do. You will sign up more than likely at ESPNVideogames.com website.

Okay cool the demand is there so I'll definitely do this. What I'll probably do is wait a few weeks though because their is no rush to start. What I might do is set up some private tournaments to start so we can practice with each other and see who is committed.

I'll be on Wednesday so I'm ready to start playing people then. Maybe we can set up some 8 player tournaments to run through the weekend or something if the feature is already up.

I'll probably make the league just for us on here since other places I've asked don't seem to be into it. I might get a few people off my friends list though too.

Okay I'm gonna add you guys to my messenger programs so we can communicate. If its not linked on here let me know. I got a feeling my friends list is gonna be full soon. :)

If everyone wants to start using this thread to pick teams go ahead. I see a few guys have already asked for some so you can have them. I either want the Browns or Cincannati, but can't decide which, but everyone else is fair game.

espnvideogames.com has a demo of the league setup and I don't think we need a site or anything, it seems to do it all for us.

I guess I'm in also. I'll take the Colts or the Eagles in that order. I just need a few days to get accustomed to the game, I assume everyone will.

Gamertag: Tekumseh

Chargers - chev317
Colts - Tecumseh!
Cowboys - sj41
Dolphins - guyver2077
Falcons - rvdrock
Seahawks - merkman

That's the team breakdown so far other than the indecision on my team. A couple more people and we'll meet the 8 to make a league. :) Though with the interest showed here we should be able to double that easy and with maybe getting a few outsiders even have us a league of 32 players.

Also, though this is all open to change, I'd like to aim for games to be played between Thursday - Sunday/Monday. Then what I'd do is the two players can't meet get a hold of me and you'll actually have till Wednesday. If you can't meet I'll sim it or do whatever it is the league set up lets me do.

I'll warm the bench!!!

actually, im going to pick this up and see how well i do. I normally just watch the games being played, so this will be interesting.

I'd like to join, Weekends are good to play for me.

Chicago Bears

Gamertag: BigMes

Bear Down Chicago Bears!
Its Lovie Time! I hope :D

I probably shouldn't wory since no one else will want them, but I'll go ahead and reserve my Saints. :)

gamertag: seebelow

I know this is slightly off topic, but I'm not having any luck finding the game on Best Buy's website and it wasn't in the ad this weekend. Does anybody know if the game going to be available in store tomorrow for sure for pick up?

Sign me up for the Detroit Lions.

Gamertag: RedWingsFan01

If I can still get in, I want the Ravens or the Colts.

Prefer the Ravens though. :)

Edit : my gamertag is "kbc".

Best time for me to play is on Fridays (all day), Saturdays (all day), and Sunday (morning). Could also get a game in during the week as I don't go to work until 8pm west coast time.

Previously Taken:

Chargers - chev317
Colts - Tecumseh!
Cowboys - sj41
Dolphins - guyver2077
Falcons - rvdrock
Seahawks - merkman

Newly Added:

Vikings - hertzy
Broncos - KingDox
Rams - gomer1andonly
Jets - WildWop
Eagles - dserafin1986
Bears - flybrione
Saints - seebelow
Patriots - Johnny Postman
Lions - mick16
Ravens - mmn

I hope I didn't miss anyone. I think what I'll do is aim for a tournament this weekend for anyone that can play and maybe even one the following week that spreads out over a weekend. That'll help us find out who is committed and what not.

Damn, my teams are taken. I want to try the game out first before I compete. By the time I get to do that all the teams will probably be gone. :?

I like the idea of going for this weekend just as a starter tournament. If anything, it'd be a great preseason type of thing so we all know, well at least those of us that show up, how the league experience is.

i want in as well.

sign me up for raiders or kansas city, but preferably raiders.

and my tag is: ak47sbc

nice

i already took a 1-15 team, only place to go is up

EDIT: at least 1-15 quality wise last year, i don't remember their exact record

I'm in as well. I'll take either the Panthers or the Bengals.

What kind of guidelines are we gonna be using for things like rosters and length of quarters?

I won't be able to play this weekend, because I am waiting for my xbox live starter kit to come, I will be in for a tourney next weekend though, just post here to let us know what's going down...Thanks - d

Previously Taken:

Chargers - chev317
Colts - Tecumseh!
Cowboys - sj41
Dolphins - guyver2077
Falcons - rvdrock
Seahawks - merkman
Vikings - hertzy
Broncos - KingDox
Rams - gomer1andonly
Jets - WildWop
Eagles - dserafin1986
Bears - flybrione
Saints - seebelow
Patriots - Johnny Postman
Lions - mick16
Ravens - mmn

Newly Added:

Raiders - whiteboy
Bills - EddieBelfour
Bucs - zewone
Chiefs - manofpeace20
Panthers - Ichabod

I'm still debating on Cleveland or Cincy, but likely to go with the Bengals. If anything above is wrong let me know. As far as rules and such, I think I'm gonna go with 6 minute quarters on the All Pro setting. Might mess with the sliders too if it is possible to set it for the whole league.

For rosters I'll probably wait and start the league after there is another update when more rookies are signed. We'll create a trade deadline, but everyone can trade as much as they want. Though we shouldn't make bad trades to stack teams. I think as GM of the league I can control that based on the ESPN demo that was online.

i dont think we have to worry about stacks, since whoever stacks will be riduculed on here to no end. im looking to trade bledsoe already- heh.

matt x, id go with cincy, i don like cleveland a bit an i bet that the bengals are going to be a very slept on team in this game, either way, we can meet in the AFC championship =)

bread's done
Back