Grand Theft Auto Liberty City Stories PS2 $19.99 Gamestop.com

so if i have a PSP with fw version 2.5 or 2.6, fos the homebbrew method work wth it and the GTS game? or does that only work with other versions like 2.0 and lower?

[quote name='rly723']so if i have a PSP with fw version 2.5 or 2.6, fos the homebbrew method work wth it and the GTS game? or does that only work with other versions like 2.0 and lower?[/QUOTE]

This topic is about the PS2 port.

[quote name='JaytheGamefan']Nothing has been announced, but I'd be surprised if the multiplayer stuff stays in.[/QUOTE]

Multiplayer MAKES this game. Unless you don't have a PSP or any friends with one, your better off spending the extra $30 for the PSP version (if there isn't a price drop on it between now and the PS2 version's release, which I think there will be).

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Multiplayer MAKES this game. Unless you don't have a PSP or any friends with one, your better off spending the extra $30 for the PSP version (if there isn't a price drop on it between now and the PS2 version's release, which I think there will be).[/quote]

I think the whole point of the release is so that people without PSP can play it... like me! Can't wait for it to come out.

[quote name='PhrostByte']I think the whole point of the release is so that people without PSP can play it... like me! Can't wait for it to come out.[/quote]

If you expect it to be anything like san andreas you will be very disappointed. Its basically GTA 3 with a different story line and able to ride motorcycles.

[quote name='m0dem']If you expect it to be anything like san andreas you will be very disappointed. Its basically GTA 3 with a different story line and able to ride motorcycles.[/quote]

Great. I liked GTA3 and VC more than San Andreas, although I beat all of them 100%.

[quote name='SailorDaravon']It's already been posted that it'll be 14.99 on at Circuit City this coming week.[/quote]

$14.99 at Fry's, too.:applause:

IGN confirmed that all multiplayer stuff has been removed. Dunno if the psp version had this many radio stations, but IGN reported 10 radio stations with about 6 songs each.

The only improvement seems to be unintentional. They said the PS2 version of the game has a better frame rate, longer draw distance, and there are more cars in the street and more peds walking around. Im sure thats due to no actual work on R*'s part, just the slightly improved abilities of the PS2 vs. the PSP.

Since I dont own a psp, I'll be picking this up tomorrow.

[quote name='paean']Is this PS2 only or coming for Xbox later (I suppose it is doubtful since Xbox is basically dead)...[/QUOTE]

Probably only PS2 since it came from a Sony system originally. Also like you said , the Xbox is about dead..

This was a stupid move to remove the online stuff. If this was online it would have a huge following.

The multiplayer may be gone, but damn if the PSP version isn't hard to control without the extra stick.

Personally if I had bought the PSP one *recently* I would not be happy that it's still $50 and the port debuts at $20.

it isnt particularly hard if anything you just have to avoid making sharp turns on foot in cramped spaces. The camera is intuitive it's just the in-car cam set up for doing drive bys that is a bit odd.

[quote name='javeryh']I'm going to pass on this - I still have to finish VC and SA if I get the urge to play some GTA...[/quote]

I still have those to finish, also. But for $14 (maybe even cheaper if I can pm and then use some store credit at GameStop), I can't pass it up.

[quote name='javeryh']I'm going to pass on this - I still have to finish VC and SA if I get the urge to play some GTA...[/QUOTE]

I finished VC (years ago when I didn't have a pile of CAG-acquired titles . . . SA lost my interest. I also fucked up with SA . . . I had it for the PS2 and played about halfway but then I wanted to get the Xbox game . . . so, I dumped my PS2 copy in a trade got it for the box and then realized I didn't want to start over . . . Doh!

Anyway, I will pick up LC today because a) is $15 and b) I liked GTA III the best of the series. Yes, there were improvements on VC and SA but in 2001 GTA3 was just revolutionary. So, I think LC will be oddly nostalgic.

Plus, I have no intention of getting a PSP.

[quote name='Stink_Pickle']Frys in Austin Tx advertised it at 13.99[/quote]

Yeah, I think it's that price here, too (I did a typo). I'm gonna try and pm it tonight.

Picked this up for $9.99 at CC after using the 5.00 off PS2 games coupon from BestBuy.

[quote name='S_G']Picked this up for $9.99 at CC after using the 5.00 off PS2 games coupon from BestBuy.[/quote]

Sir, if I had a crown. I would make you King of the Cheapasses. Unfortunately, all I have is this half a stick of gum.

[quote name='depascal22']Sir, if I had a crown. I would make you King of the Cheapasses. Unfortunately, all I have is this half a stick of gum.[/QUOTE]

LOL

[quote name='S_G']Picked this up for $9.99 at CC after using the 5.00 off PS2 games coupon from BestBuy.[/quote]

That's a mighty fine price!:applause:

bread's done
Back