360 Controller - Flashing Green Ring of Death?

daphatty

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
So today I pop in two fully charged li-on batteries into my second wireless 360 controller and press the (I forget what it's called) button to turn it on. As usual, the four controller lights blink three times... and then continue blinking. :whistle2:k Slightly confused, I pull the battery pack out to make sure I put the batteries in correctly. Yup, did that right. So I drop the battery pack back in, power the controller back up, and BAM, same shit! :joystick:

Now I'm completely confused. The controller hasn't seen ANY action at all. It just sits next to the 360 looking pretty. Finally I swap the battery pack out of my working controller into the second one and still, nothing. :bomb:

Whiskey! Tango! Foxtrot!

[quote name='daphatty']So today I pop in two fully charged li-on batteries into my second wireless 360 controller and press the (I forget what it's called) button to turn it on. As usual, the four controller lights blink three times... and then continue blinking. :whistle2:k Slightly confused, I pull the battery pack out to make sure I put the batteries in correctly. Yup, did that right. So I drop the battery pack back in, power the controller back up, and BAM, same shit! :joystick:

Now I'm completely confused. The controller hasn't seen ANY action at all. It just sits next to the 360 looking pretty. Finally I swap the battery pack out of my working controller into the second one and still, nothing. :bomb:

Whiskey! Tango! Foxtrot![/QUOTE]

The flashing lights on the controller mean that the battery is almost dead. If the battery is charged up, I would recommend on holding down the Connect button on the controller on top for a few seconds and then click on the connect button on the 360 so they will sync up...

[quote name='deathadder']The flashing lights on the controller mean that the battery is almost dead. If the battery is charged up, I would recommend on holding down the Connect button on the controller on top for a few seconds and then click on the connect button on the 360 so they will sync up...[/QUOTE]
Did you read the OP's post? It said the batteries were brand new.

OP, it sounds like you got a bum controller, I'd try it a few more times and if still doesn't work, return it.

Yea I went through the same thing as you at one point. My friend brought his controller, and it would not connect. We hit the connect button and it synched right away. Made us feel like fucking morons for thinking the controller was broke :)

[quote name='seanr1221']Yea I went through the same thing as you at one point. My friend brought his controller, and it would not connect. We hit the connect button and it synched right away. Made us feel like fucking morons for thinking the controller was broke :)[/QUOTE]

Call me crazy, but I believe this shit should just work. If the first controller works, why wouldn't the second one?

[quote name='daphatty']Call me crazy, but I believe this shit should just work. If the first controller works, why wouldn't the second one?[/QUOTE]

It basically "remembers" the controller you used. I ike the feature, actually. Each controller logs you in to your profile.. take DOA4 for example. I'm playing with controller 1, but I turned on and sync up cotroller 2.. hit start, and it asks me to sign into a profile. So that might be why?

[quote name='daphatty']Call me crazy, but I believe this shit should just work. If the first controller works, why wouldn't the second one?[/QUOTE]

Because it's not registered to the system at all, it has no idea the other controller is there or if it belongs to another system and what not.

[quote name='I AM WILLIAM H. MACY']Did you read the OP's post? It said the batteries were brand new.

OP, it sounds like you got a bum controller, I'd try it a few more times and if still doesn't work, return it.[/QUOTE]

Yes i read his post. Did you read my post? It stated that if the controller is charged up, then to hit the connect button. In which the OP did and it worked.

bread's done
Back