Looking for stores in SF Bay Area that give cash/credit for IMPORT games...

evisto

CAGiversary!
Hi there.

I hope this is the right place for this post.

I am looking for any video game stores in the San Francisco Bay area that give cash or store credit for import video games.

I know there used to be 'Games, Etc.' in San Francisco, but that's closed. Also, 'Network Video' in Burlingame. It also seems to have closed.

Anyone know of any import video game stores left in the SF Bay Area?

Many thanks...

Start up a for sale list in the trading forum. You'd probably get more $$ than by selling it to a game store, and you would probably help a few people find stuff they have been looking for.

Have you tried craigslist? My locale is pretty insignificant when it comes to activity on there, but the Bay Area in sharp contrast is not!

Network Video is still open in Burlingame, unless they closed down within the last month. I was there last month checking out their Dreamcast games. It was around mid-April.

Call them up:

(650) 579-3636

Seriously, depending upon the imports you may have plenty of buyers here. I'm always interested in potential Saturn, Dreamcast, and PS2 imports and I'm sure my friends would be highly interested in any Famicom, Super Famicom, and PS2 imports as well.

That and we tend not to lowball. Gamers helping gamers and all that rot! :lol:

Well, it seems that there is more than a little interest in import games amongst my fellow CAG's. I will put together a list of what I have available and then maybe you folks can make some offers. Watch this thread for my upcoming list of what I have.

If you have 'Jump Superstar's for the Nintendo DS then I would be interested...

Hi there,

I've found a shop located in Downtown SF selling Imported PS2 Games.
Here's the website:
http://www.geocities.com/teamworksgames//index.html

I've just bought some new released games from them. It's definitely a cool place to get imported games. They've got like over hundreds of games:cool:

Their location is 823 Sacramento Street, SF.
You can always e-mail them for upcoming new games or games avaibility or just simply go there to check it out.

Cheers~~

[quote name='ddnm']Hi there,

I've found a shop located in Downtown SF selling Imported PS2 Games.
Here's the website:
http://www.geocities.com/teamworksgames//index.html

I've just bought some new released games from them. It's definitely a cool place to get imported games. They've got like over hundreds of games:cool:

Their location is 823 Sacramento Street, SF.
You can always e-mail them for upcoming new games or games avaibility or just simply go there to check it out.

Cheers~~[/QUOTE]

How are the prices there?

As shown on the website, it's now
1 for $10
3 for $20
8 for $40
If you are buying more, for sure they'll give you a better deal !! :applause:

Cheers~~

Old thread.. but whatever

ebay is probably your best friend if you have an account.

There really isn't any import game shops in san francisco no more, except for the dude in chinatown. Too bad Games etc went out of business, but I think they were way over priced even though i purchased alot of import psx and saturn games from them. I stopped going there when i finally started using the internet and discovered online import shops that were cheaper. Another reason was that the shop in chinatown that DDNM was talking about was way cheaper as well.

I haven't been to the chinatown shop in years. My friends and I used to check out his shop alot after school. He's a pretty cool guy to talk to, hes the middle aged guy with glasses. If the games don't work, bring it back and he'll exchange for another one. But it depends sometimes. I remember one time i bought final fantasy 8 from him, then the ending of the game freezed.... Alot of my friends that bought final fantasy 8 from him had the endings freeze, so o well....

If you're looking for a game he doesn't have, then he can probably special order it. He sells alot of import stuff besides games like anime, games, action figures, magazines, and PC stuff. I'm kinda surprised he;s still in business. If you haven't figured it out by now, theres a reason why his games are so cheap.

[quote name='ddnm']As shown on the website, it's now
1 for $10
3 for $20
8 for $40
If you are buying more, for sure they'll give you a better deal !! :applause:

Cheers~~[/QUOTE]

Is this place legit? Most of those games retail for way more than $10 a piece. KOF XI for $10 seems really fishy to me.

is Network Video the only store in the Bay Area that sells used Import games? is there anywhere else that does?

I heard some bad things about this one import shop in Alameda, so I am trying to stay away from there.

Anyone know where I can pick up a white PSP in the Bay Area (preferrably in SF)? I know it's a long shot, but hey, I might get lucky. If not, I'll probably just order it from Liksang or Playasia.

As for the import store, I'll be in Chinatown tomorrow. Maybe I'll drop by if I remember, although from the price it looks like it's bootleg.

[quote name='Over easy']Anyone know where I can pick up a white PSP in the Bay Area (preferrably in SF)? I know it's a long shot, but hey, I might get lucky. If not, I'll probably just order it from Liksang or Playasia.

As for the import store, I'll be in Chinatown tomorrow. Maybe I'll drop by if I remember, although from the price it looks like it's bootleg.[/QUOTE]

Call up Network Video in Burlingame. Last time I went there they had White PSP's, they may still have some left. Also is that place on Sacramento a bust? Bootlegs?

User's Side in San Jose had White PSPs when I was there yesterday, but yea..that's not in SF :)

bread's done
Back