Photo
- - - - -

Target Clearance Thread: Spring 2005

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1198 replies to this topic

#121 Dogpatch

Dogpatch

Posted 15 August 2004 - 10:06 PM

Legacy of Kain: Defiance (PS2) for $9.98 at the Target on Harbison near Columbiana Mall, Columbia, SC.

Dammit, I'm competing with you now for cheap games?! :) (I live 5 minutes from Columbiana Mall.)

-Hoshi

Kinda of figured more CAG's were around. Looking for anything during the CC sale was tough. :) Never make many trips to that area anyways. I'll let ya know if the Two Notch Target has anything tomorrow.

#122 hoshi

hoshi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2004 - 01:43 AM

Kinda of figured more CAG's were around. Looking for anything during the CC sale was tough. :) Never make many trips to that area anyways. I'll let ya know if the Two Notch Target has anything tomorrow.

Are you closer to the Two Notch stores than the Columbiana ones? I get tired of wasting gas driving out there every other week, sort of.

That whole Harbison pocket sees too much business to stay on top of cheap games, now. The CC deal was cleaned out the night it broke. I went in two days later after games I knew no one would want (like Disaster Report and Crimson Sea). Still came out that with six games or so, though.

-Hoshi

#123 BABETOOTH

BABETOOTH

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2004 - 05:15 PM

Last Sunday I bought Space Channel 5 (PS2) for $10 no tax in Mass. Is this a good price for this game? is it worth $10. Could I have found itsomewhere for less? Please advise...
Posted Image

Never underestimate the power of dumb people in large numbers!!!

#124 masha

masha

Russian Insult Dog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2004 - 05:21 PM

Last Sunday I bought Space Channel 5 (PS2) for $10 no tax in Mass. Is this a good price for this game? is it worth $10. Could I have found itsomewhere for less? Please advise...

It's $15 on EB
http://www.ebgames.c....asp?site=GSBUY

I returned mine . It will drop to 5, then I'll think about it. Anybody played it ?
:arrow: *I Keed I Keed*.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#125 YoshiFan1

YoshiFan1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2004 - 09:33 PM

I have part 1 on DC, if you like music games it's worth $10. It's more of a timing game like Parappa than a game like DDR but it's fun.

#126 Gojtron

Gojtron

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2004 - 01:44 AM

It's $15 on EB
http://www.ebgames.c....asp?site=GSBUY

I returned mine . It will drop to 5, then I'll think about it. Anybody played it ?

Been posted a couple times, it's the regular price for it.

#127 masha

masha

Russian Insult Dog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2004 - 05:50 AM

I have part 1 on DC, if you like music games it's worth $10. It's more of a timing game like Parappa than a game like DDR but it's fun.

Thanks for your input. I hid it in a vase. 4 month later it will drop to a DOLLa. :D .
Posted ImagePosted Image

#128 Pancake Rabbit

Pancake Rabbit

Have A Cigar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2004 - 06:45 AM

got prince of persia gba today rang up at 0.00 he sold it to me for 5 dollars and pocketed the money!?

Posted Image

#129 masha

masha

Russian Insult Dog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2004 - 07:05 AM

got prince of persia gba today rang up at 0.00 he sold it to me for 5 dollars and pocketed the money!?

Yep! I got mine for 2.54 +tax it has a red sticker with price on it .

anybody wanna trade it? :D
Posted ImagePosted Image

#130 thabizzle

thabizzle

I'll have...the chicken!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2004 - 08:48 AM

how long does a clearance game take to drop in price? My Target has a copy of Sly Cooper for 13.98 and I'm waiting on it to go lower.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#131 DigitalSpace

DigitalSpace

Late to the party

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2004 - 10:07 AM

At the Jantzen Beach store in Portland, OR:

Mobile Light Force 2 (PS2) - $6.48 - 3 copies
Robotech Battlecry (PS2) - $8.48 - 2 copies

These were spotted on an endcap in the books section.

| Game Collection | Twitter |

Posted Image
Check out the new N64 Rumble Pak. See how it feels to feel what you see.

#132 booo

booo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2004 - 04:16 AM

i have to have the japanese versions of sega games. i think the only games they leave alone are the fighting games -- actually they've always been badly dubbed "i'm faster than lightning!", but that's par for them
btw, has it been mentioned that ubisoft has a doublepack of pop/splinter cell for $19.99? mentioning it just in case

#133 tolhurst

tolhurst

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2004 - 09:34 AM

----At the Jantzen Beach store in Portland, OR:

----Mobile Light Force 2 (PS2) - $6.48 - 3 copies
----Robotech Battlecry (PS2) - $8.48 - 2 copies

---These were spotted on an endcap in the books section.

Same Location on Monday, did not see Mobile Light Force at all (same endcap), I would double check that Robotech, it was scanning at 5.24 (and the were some in the bargin games area around from the the glass case.

so um..

Jantzen Beach
3-6 total Robotech Battlecry (PS2) - 5.24

#134 schultzed

schultzed

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2004 - 01:00 PM

Here's a Target tip:

I had bought SSX3 (xbox) for $10 on clearance . . . I saw here that it then dropped to $5 . . . damn it!

I still had it sealed (like half of my CC games). So I tried to get a price adjustment . . . I know they won't generally do that, so I removed the red price tag thinking it might confuse the clerk. It was a young guy at returns and he said they can't adjust . . . I had him return it. Then asked if I could rebuy it . . . he wouldn't let me (store policy). I saw him toss it in the return bin and left.

I returned the next day and the game was in the loose game section (greatest hits area) with no red tag! It was now $5 in the system so I rebought it.

If I had left the red tag on . . . they would have put it in clearance and it probably wouldn't have been there when I got there.

This might be worth a try for others doing returns.

#135 Indiana

Indiana

Over 3 decades of gaming!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2004 - 01:06 PM

Here's a Target tip:

I had bought SSX3 (xbox) for $10 on clearance . . . I saw here that it then dropped to $5 . . . damn it!

I still had it sealed (like half of my CC games). So I tried to get a price adjustment . . . I know they won't generally do that, so I removed the red price tag thinking it might confuse the clerk. It was a young guy at returns and he said they can't adjust . . . I had him return it. Then asked if I could rebuy it . . . he wouldn't let me (store policy). I saw him toss it in the return bin and left.

I returned the next day and the game was in the loose game section (greatest hits area) with no red tag! It was now $5 in the system so I rebought it.

If I had left the red tag on . . . they would have put it in clearance and it probably wouldn't have been there when I got there.

This might be worth a try for others doing returns.

Is it really worth that kind of trouble over $5? What if you didn't get the game?

#136 schultzed

schultzed

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2004 - 01:45 PM

Is it really worth that kind of trouble over $5? What if you didn't get the game?

Yeah, I'm so cheapass sometimes that I scare myself.

There is some weird bug in me that can't stand having paid more for something than I could have.

As for losing the game . . . I have so many unplayed games . . . I've clearly (like many others on CAG) crossed over into an area where SOMETIMES the games matter less than the deals themselves . . . very sick!

Maybe Prozac or booze could help me :-k

#137 Demontooth

Demontooth

cheapest ass of them all

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2004 - 02:07 PM

I have crossed into that area too, I have so many unopened games I have actually built up an immunity to the cheap ass deal. I went to TRU and didn't buy anything!

If you're gonna be a bear, be a grizzly

153639.png

Demontooth1.png

#138 Dogpatch

Dogpatch

Posted 19 August 2004 - 09:19 PM

Are you closer to the Two Notch stores than the Columbiana ones? I get tired of wasting gas driving out there every other week, sort of.

That whole Harbison pocket sees too much business to stay on top of cheap games, now. The CC deal was cleaned out the night it broke. I went in two days later after games I knew no one would want (like Disaster Report and Crimson Sea). Still came out that with six games or so, though.

-Hoshi

Sorry for the delay. Forgot I posted here. :)

Actually I live near Lake Wateree so the Two Notch store is alot closer. Found out about the CC sale July 4 (very late I might add) and I think the sale broke out the day before. Hit up CC first thing that monday morning.
Picked up 18 titles overall but nothing really big.

Did not have the chance to hit up Target the other day. Probably hit them up Sunday.

#139 Dogpatch

Dogpatch

Posted 20 August 2004 - 07:27 PM

Actually got to stop by Target today. Saw very few clearance items and nothing to get excited about. They did have one copy of Devil May Cry 2 for 9.98 next to some portable cd players they were clearing out. I hate when they scatter items all over the place.

I did not pick up DMC 2 either so its up for grabs.

******* Stopped by CC next door (Two Notch) they have Eternal Darkness (GC) for 10 bucks. Very good deal.

#140 bhfgamer

bhfgamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2004 - 02:06 PM

At Target In Willoughby, OH

Not much on clearance at all. Spy Hunter 2 rung up for $4.98 so I bought it. There was a Spy Hunter 1, but I think someone bought it. Also, it's not on clearance, but Max Payne 2 is $16.88 (on sale). Everyone here should buy it because its an incredibly fun game

#141 Masterkyo

Masterkyo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2004 - 08:23 PM

Just pickup 3 games today for $17 after taxes

.KillSwitch PS2 $7.48 but bring up $6.XX
Pitfall PS2 $4.48
Mobile Light Force 2 PS2 $3.48

#142 Raiden_MGS3

Raiden_MGS3

Posted 23 August 2004 - 10:16 PM

Tony Hawk 2X for the X-Box is now 4.xx.

#143 spyhunterk19

spyhunterk19

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2004 - 01:28 AM

At the target in Jensen Beach, Fl. near the mall, i picked up tony hawk 2x for 4.98, and baldurs gate: DA for 4.94, thanx for the great deals cag!

#144 crazytalkx

crazytalkx

Posted 24 August 2004 - 01:46 AM

Initial D Mountain Vengeance $9.83. Didn't pick it up though since it looks pretty crappy.

#145 JibbaJabba

JibbaJabba

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2004 - 05:28 AM

MegaMan X7 PS2 $7.48

Okc, OK

#146 Zenithian Legend

Zenithian Legend

Posted 24 August 2004 - 08:47 AM

is it just me or has target stopped putting GC games on clearance?
Posted Image

#147 booo

booo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2004 - 03:12 PM

electronics in general is just sparse right now, that's all (ime)
i looked around and found a copy of golden sun: lost age for $4.98 -- came up not on file, just like with the copy of lotr

"KillSwitch PS2 $7.48 but bring up $6.XX
Pitfall PS2 $4.48
Mobile Light Force 2 PS2 $3.48"
nice
don't pm me!!! i won't answer

#148 Magician

Magician

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2004 - 04:14 PM

Found a copy of Legacy of Kain: Defiance (PS2) for 9.xx. Passed on it, though.

#149 maxgle

maxgle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2004 - 05:54 PM

Prince of Persia is 19.99 for me at MD

#150 schultzed

schultzed

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2004 - 06:46 PM

Dang! Saw Pitfall PS2 in the case at my Target . . .

Had a clerk scan it hoping for $4.48 . . . but it came up $9.98.

I passed on it and they'll probably put them out for clearance and get snapped up.