Clinton Aide Investigated on Terror Memos

Granted I've only heard how Sandy Berger describes the missing documents, but it doesn't sound like this should be a big controversy. However, if he did destroy important documents, then he should be prosecuted. And Republicans will have a field day with this as long as they can.

This is the biggest bullshit ever. Sandy Berger came forward and said that he accidentally took the documents, which were only copies, and he might have accidentally destroyed a few of these copies. He told them that it was an accident and that he didn't want this to be political. Just goes to show the kind of partisan bullshit that we have to put up with these days.

Tromack, you are on crack.

You don't "accidently" take documents from a classified reading room. As a former National Security Advisor and an attorney you are damn well knowledgeable as to what you can an cannot take from a secure location.

Let's say, by your insistence, that it was "an accident" do you "accidently" shove papers in your pants or socks? No, you "accidently" have stacks and then load up your briefcase without remembering which stack was which. That I can see.

This is like a shoplifter saying "I accidently put that merchandise inside secret pockets in my trenchcoat. I really meant to pay for it.".

If this was Condi Rice there would be no "accident" in your eyes. It would be coverup, blame Bush and Halliburton made her do it. You stinking lying hypocrite.

[quote name='PittsburghAfterDark']Tromack, you are on crack.

You don't "accidently" take documents from a classified reading room. As a former National Security Advisor and an attorney you are damn well knowledgeable as to what you can an cannot take from a secure location.

Let's say, by your insistence, that it was "an accident" do you "accidently" shove papers in your pants or socks? No, you "accidently" have stacks and then load up your briefcase without remembering which stack was which. That I can see.

This is like a shoplifter saying "I accidently put that merchandise inside secret pockets in my trenchcoat. I really meant to pay for it.".

If this was Condi Rice there would be no "accident" in your eyes. It would be coverup, blame Bush and Halliburton made her do it. You stinking lying hypocrite.[/quote]

They were COPIES. NOT THE ORIGINAL. WHO CARES ABOUT A fuckING COPY? I know I sure don't. I wouldn't care who threw it away, or who accidentally took it. It's a copy. Do you not understand? How can he be trying to destroy evidence when you only destroy a copy of the original. And he knew it was a copy. Take your partisan bullshit elsewhere.

Ohhhhhh, you scare and intimidate me. Please, who cares what you think.

I mean, who cares if it's a blueprint as to our reaction times to launch an attack on Osama bin Laden depending on where he is in the world? I mean, it doesn't matter if it left the room and could be discovered by someone, somewhere it's just a copy. At least we still have a copy.

Do you have any idea of what it means to secure a document?

[quote name='PittsburghAfterDark']Ohhhhhh, you scare and intimidate me. Please, who cares what you think.

[/quote]

If you say things like 'who cares what you think" why should anyone care about what YOU think? If I didn't care what people thought I wouldn't read these forums.

[quote name='MrBadExample']The FBI investigated Berger last October. Someone leaked this now for Bush's political benefit.[/quote]

That's what I was saying. Thank you. And Pittsburg. I give up. You are a toadie for the Republican party and this is like talking to a brick wall.

[quote name='MrBadExample']The FBI investigated Berger last October. Someone leaked this now for Bush's political benefit.[/quote]

I agree.. but I also agree that if it was Rice that did this.. the Democrats would have a major field day with it. Bitching about partisan bias and propoganda is just rediculous.. it always happens, it always will happen. And yes, people are very hypocritical when it comes to political ethics.

Yeah, no democrat has leaked any information in order to advance Kerry's political benefit. :roll:

It shouldn't be a controversy (it probably will be), but Berger should be held accountable for his actions. Of course, others in power are invulnerable to accountability in matters more serious than missing documents. :?

Did you consider the simple fact that just this week Kerry was talking about Berger as a possible Secretary of State/Defense?

I'd like to know that a potentional cabinet member is freaking moron at best and a blatant thief and liar at worse.

[quote name='kev']I'd like to know that a potentional cabinet member is freaking moron at best and a blatant thief and liar at worse.[/quote]

*ahem* VP Cheney *cough*

Sorry I must be coming down with the flu or something.

[quote name='magilacudy'][quote name='kev']I'd like to know that a potentional cabinet member is freaking moron at best and a blatant thief and liar at worse.[/quote]

*ahem* VP Cheney *cough*

Sorry I must be coming down with the flu or something.[/quote]

Hey, do me a favor.. without spouting random propaganda, without calling him an android, or making fun of his heart condition.. explain how Cheney is either a moron, a thief or a liar. And try proof, not talking sideways out of your ass.

Dumbass.

[quote name='Cornfedwb']

Hey, do me a favor.. without spouting random propaganda, without calling him an android, or making fun of his heart condition.. explain how Cheney is either a moron, a thief or a liar. And try proof, not talking sideways out of your ass.

Dumbass.[/quote]

This isn't any propaganda, that's just my opinion to this:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=23581&highlight=halliburton

Which covers thief and liar.

And how he cursed off somebody in the debate, which would be covered under moronic.

Also, my ass is on a chair so if anything I'd be talking vertically out of my ass.

[quote name='Tromack'][quote name='PittsburghAfterDark']Tromack, you are on crack.

If this was Condi Rice there would be no "accident" in your eyes. It would be coverup, blame Bush and Halliburton made her do it. You stinking lying hypocrite.[/quote]

They were COPIES. NOT THE ORIGINAL. WHO CARES ABOUT A shaq-fuing COPY? I know I sure don't. I wouldn't care who threw it away, or who accidentally took it. It's a copy. Do you not understand? How can he be trying to destroy evidence when you only destroy a copy of the original. And he knew it was a copy. Take your partisan bullshit elsewhere.[/quote]

Astounding.

So the information in the documents is any less valuable because its a copy?

You may have missed this but taking notes from those documents or removing them is illegal.

Maybe he should have recalled his 30 years of wroking with these documents that you don't stick them in your socks and claim "its an accident".

Yes, I realize that it is was illegal and wrong for him to take the notes and the documents, but the media and a lot of republican congressmen have been spouting all this bullshit about how he was trying to destroy evidence that was harsh on Clinton. How can he destroy evidence, when he *might* have destroyed a copy of the evidence?

He claims it was a mistake, and has publically stated stated his remourse over the action. Mistakes happen, it is how one handles the mistake that defines the individual (IMO). From my perspective, Berger did the right thing, if it was an honest mistake.

He is now the subject of a criminal probe by the FBI, as well as a congressional hearing. I would assume that we will know if he committed any wrong-doing.

[quote name='Quackzilla']The sock thing was made up by the media.

Gullible bastard.[/quote]

You have evidence to the contrary?

Leftist apologist.

[quote name='CTLesq'][quote name='Quackzilla']The sock thing was made up by the media.

Gullible bastard.[/quote]

You have evidence to the contrary?

Leftist apologist.[/quote]

Interesting judicial point there.. prove you didn't do something...

isn't it supposed to be prove that something happened?

The WSJ is reporting that Berger is CLEARED of all wrongdoing. Too bad the article is behind their subscriber wall. Anyone pick up a paper copy? The story is on page A^

bread's done
Back