Atlanta: Games clearance @ Micro Center (by Gwinnett Mall)

Krymner

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I was over at the Micro Center near the Gwinnett Place Mall yesterday, and I noticed that they had alot of their current-generation games stickered with orange mark-down labels. There were some pretty good prices, and I spent more than I probably should have. While I only really looked closely thru the Gamecube/GBA stuff, there was alot of mark-downs on PS2 and XBox games as well.

Here's what I got:

:gc:Gamecube
-Resident Evil: Code Veronica X $18 (1 copy left)
-Wario Ware Inc. $15 (1 copy left)

:gba:GBA
-Zelda: Link to the Past $13
-Sword of Mana $15
-Fire Emblem 1 $14
-River City Ransom $13
-Donkey Kong Country 2 $14

This is only a small representation of what was available. Everything is mixed in with the normal-priced stuff and not in a seperate area, so you'll have to go a-huntin to see if there's anything that catches your eye. Just keep a look-out for those orange stickers. ;)

Oh, and what I thought was kinda funny is they had about 50+ copies of the PC game Deathtrap Dungeon for .89 cents. I picked one up just for the skull boxart I'm gonna cut off and hang up on the door to my computer room. :cool:

Thanks for the heads up!

As a Gamecube/GBA/DS owner I totally understand only being aware of those deals.

But as a new PS2 owner, I'm curious to see what they have for that console. I'm trying to build a small library of games for it - I only have Guitar Hero so far! Anyhow it's a bit of drive for me ... if anyone heads up there, I'd appreciate any kind of recon that can be offered for the PS2 section. I'm looking specifically for Shadow of the Colossus, ICO, Katmari, Burnout 3, MGS3.... Thanks!

Where is Micro Center? Is it on the same street as Atlanta Toyota and Stake n Shake? There are alot of strip malls on that street near Gwinnett Place Mall.

[quote name='dberuvides']Where is Micro Center? Is it on the same street as Atlanta Toyota and Stake n Shake? There are alot of strip malls on that street near Gwinnett Place Mall.[/quote]

It is on the same side of the street as Steak n Shake on Pleasant Hill Rd. It's not too hard to find, situated on a corner (not sure the street name) but it has a Checkers in front of the parking lot, across the street from a car lot.

Shadow of the Colossus seems to be holding steady. Anyone seen any price drops on that one? I may check out this sale tomorrow at lunch since I work close to that area.

Shadow of the Colossus seems to be holding steady. Anyone seen any price drops on that one? I may check out this sale tomorrow at lunch since I work close to that area.

I have to head out to Commerce (gonna hit the outlets) tomorrow, but with any luck Thursday, I'll be able to hit the MicroCenter in Marietta area. If they have anything, I'll let y'all know.

OK, I went back yesterday afternoon and jotted down some games/prices.

:gba: GBA
-Most GBA Videos 4.75
-Thunder Alley 4.75
-Grand Theft Auto 7.13
-Super Monkey Ball Jr. 11.99
-Donkey Kong Country 2 13.46
-River City Ransom 13.46
-Fantastic Four 13.46

:gc: GC
-Hitman 2 12.61
-Spyro: Enter the Dragon 12.99
-FF Crystal Chronicles 13.39
-Wario Ware Inc. 15.93
-Viewtiful Joe 1 (and 2) 17.94
-RE: Code Veronica X 17.94

:ps2: PS2
-Savage Skies 3.55
-Soul Calibur 2 4.75
-ESPN Football 2K4 4.48
-Sphinx 6.72
-Whirl Tour 6.72
-Legends of Wrestlin 2 6.72
-NBA Jam 7.58
-Legacy of Kain: Defiance 7.62
-Spawn Armagedon 8.97
-Red Dead Revolver 8.97
-Metal Arms 8.97
-Van Helsing 8.97
-Evil Dead 2 8.97
-Serious Sam: Next Enc 8.97
-Alter Echo 8.97
-NFL Street 8.97
-Celebrity Deathmatch 8.97
-Syphon Filter: Omega 8.97
-Space Channel 5 SE 9.97
-Killzone 10.61
-NCAA Final Four '04 11.38
-Cold Winter 11.99
-Tekken Tag 12.99
-Tiger Woods '05 13.46
-Indiana Jones:Emp Tomb 13.46
-Hulk 13.46
-RE: Dead Aim 17.94
-GTA Dbl Pack (3+ViceCty) 17.94

:xbox: XBOX
-ESPN Football 2K5 4.75
-True Crime: Streets of LA 4.75
-ESPN Football 2K4 5.38
-Backyard Wrestling 6.51
-Legends of Wreslin 2 6.72
-Chase 8.09
-Gladius 8.97
-Spy Hunter 2 8.97
-Roadkill 8.97
-Aquaman 8.97
-Ninja Gaiden 9.53
-Carve 9.99
-Bard's Tale 10.61
-Spyro: Hero's Tale 10.61
-Gladiator: Sword of Veng 11.38
-SRS 11.91
-Legacy of Kain: Defiance 13.46
-Deus Ex Invis War 13.46
-Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance 2 13.46
-Starwars: Jedi Outcast 22.43

Most of these titles were non-GH/PC versions. For many titles, they only carry 1-2 copies of the game. Enjoy!

Thanks for the prices, Krymner.

I hit the MicroCenter in Marietta (just down the road from John Knox Presby, but I forget the name of the road) Friday and if anything was reduced, the prices were not marked.

Lots of average to mediocre games at regular prices. A few decent games at high prices. =\

bread's done
Back