Bush Says: 'I Want to Be the Peace President'

[quote name='MrBadExample']He also wanted to be the Education President. That didn't turn out too well either.[/quote]

Bush is so big on education that he will continue to read children's books while our country is being attacked.
mypetgoat.jpg

I wanted to be a helicopter pilot when I was little. It didn't happen.

We should have a contest on who can put the best caption of what he is thinking in that picture.

[quote name='Aryss']I wanted to be a helicopter pilot when I was little. It didn't happen.

We should have a contest on who can put the best caption of what he is thinking in that picture.[/quote]

You're assuming that he IS thinking.

[quote name='PittsburghAfterDark']Yeah, how dare us launch a war after 3,000 people lay dead, burning and crushed at the hands of our enemies. That's definitely HIS FAULT.[/quote]

See this is bullshit. I'm fine with us going to Afghanistan and taking down the Taliban and trying to take down Al Qaeda. But Iraq had nothing to do with September 11th. If we wanted to invade a country because of September 11th we should have invaded Saudi Arabia. All going to Iraq did was weaken our offensive against Afghanistan, and needlessly cost the lives of Americans and Iraqis. Don't get me wrong, Saddam Hussein was a terrible man, but he posed no threat to the U.S.

[quote name='Tromack'][quote name='PittsburghAfterDark']Yeah, how dare us launch a war after 3,000 people lay dead, burning and crushed at the hands of our enemies. That's definitely HIS FAULT.[/quote]

See this is bullshit. I'm fine with us going to Afghanistan and taking down the Taliban and trying to take down Al Qaeda. But Iraq had nothing to do with September 11th. If we wanted to invade a country because of September 11th we should have invaded Saudi Arabia. All going to Iraq did was weaken our offensive against Afghanistan, and needlessly cost the lives of Americans and Iraqis. Don't get me wrong, Saddam Hussein was a terrible man, but he posed no threat to the U.S.[/quote]

touche

[quote name='MrBadExample'][quote name='Aryss']I wanted to be a helicopter pilot when I was little. It didn't happen.

We should have a contest on who can put the best caption of what he is thinking in that picture.[/quote]

You're assuming that he IS thinking.[/quote]

:lol:

[quote name='Tromack'][quote name='PittsburghAfterDark']Yeah, how dare us launch a war after 3,000 people lay dead, burning and crushed at the hands of our enemies. That's definitely HIS FAULT.[/quote]

See this is bullshit. I'm fine with us going to Afghanistan and taking down the Taliban and trying to take down Al Qaeda. But Iraq had nothing to do with September 11th. If we wanted to invade a country because of September 11th we should have invaded Saudi Arabia. All going to Iraq did was weaken our offensive against Afghanistan, and needlessly cost the lives of Americans and Iraqis. Don't get me wrong, Saddam Hussein was a terrible man, but he posed no threat to the U.S.[/quote]

BUMP!

I suppose what really disgusts me about his current tactic is that just months ago he was defending himself on Meet The Press by saying, "I'm a war president." What changed over those few months, except the fact that more people are catching onto his crap?

[quote name='PittsburghAfterDark']I suppose what really disgusts me about his current tactic is that just months ago he was defending himself on Meet The Press by saying, "I'm a war president." What changed over those few months, except the fact that more people are catching onto his crap?[/quote]

I'm shocked people haven't caught on yet. Kinda like the blind leading the blind.

[quote name='PittsburghAfterDark']Yeah, how dare us launch a war after 3,000 people lay dead, burning and crushed at the hands of our enemies. That's definitely HIS FAULT.[/quote]

Those 3,000 dead were his fault, and for that reason, so was the following war. But, I don't think we're being critical of that Bush war. The second one was a bit more of a downright stupid decision, and is a bit harder to link with a "peace president."

Dubya Caption - "Got to concentrate... Country under attack... Huh? The third little piggy said WHAT?"

^I can't remember exactly what book he was reading, but I imagine there are lots of third little piggies spread across the literary world.

Seriously, do you people really think any one gives a rats ass about what a bunch of cheapassgamers who spend their entire day on this message board think about politics.

I seriously doubt that any of you really understand the situations enough to make a fair contribution to these such discussions.

Quit back seat quarterbacking with issues that you either don't understand or aren't willing to do anything about.

[quote name='PittsburghAfterDark']Tromack, you're as educated on military and historical matters as I am on quantum physics.[/quote]

Tell me what are your credentials. I'd really like to hear this.

Those 3,000 dead were his fault, and for that reason, so was the following war.

Yeah, you're right. The CIA trained 19 people to take over 4 planes, crash 2 into the WTC, one into the Pentagon and another into the Capital building. Bush funded it, Dick Cheney trained them, Condi Rice handled the financials, Donald Rumsfeld let them use Air Force planes for flight training and they were all let through security with passes from the FAA. Oh, and the Jews were told to stay home from work on 9/11 because we didn't want to offend the Israeli's.

I can't wait until 11PM 11/2/04 when the returns have Bush winning. I am going to love the reactions from you people.

[quote name='ingotheranchhand']Seriously, do you people really think any one gives a rats ass about what a bunch of cheapassgamers who spend their entire day on this message board think about politics.

I seriously doubt that any of you really understand the situations enough to make a fair contribution to these such discussions.

Quit back seat quarterbacking with issues that you either don't understand or aren't willing to do anything about.[/quote]

So why exactly are you reading this?

[quote name='ingotheranchhand']Seriously, do you people really think any one gives a rats ass about what a bunch of cheapassgamers who spend their entire day on this message board think about politics.

Quit back seat quarterbacking with issues that you either don't understand or aren't willing to do anything about.[/quote]

Wow, what a complete tool to assume that gamers are not educated or politcally aware. You don't know the people here nor anything about their level of involvement. You should really go back to the basement.

What are my credentials? Basic training Fort Dix, New Jersey, AIT at Fort Knox, Kentucky sectioned 19 Kilo (That's a tank platoon leader.), Army war college Carlisle, Pennsylvania, 2 tours in OPFOR platoon commander at the national training center in Fort Irwin, CA discharged honroable as a 1st Lieutenant in 1996. Any more questions?

[quote name='MrBadExample'][quote name='ingotheranchhand']Seriously, do you people really think any one gives a rats ass about what a bunch of cheapassgamers who spend their entire day on this message board think about politics.

So why exactly are you reading this?[/quote]

I think it's someone who signed up to CheapassGamer just so they could say how stupid they think we are. I mean look only 2 posts.

But I guess he's right, people that play video games don't have a right to an opinion.

[quote name='PittsburghAfterDark']What are my credentials? Basic training Fort Dix, New Jersey, AIT at Fort Knox, Kentucky sectioned 19 Delta (That's a tank platoon leader.), Army war college Carlisle, Pennsylvania, 2 tours in OPFOR platoon commander at the national training center in Fort Irwin, CA discharged honroable as a 1st Lieutenant in 1996. Any more questions?[/quote]

Really no offense intended here, but just because you work for a company doesn't mean you know how to run it.

And I commend you on your service.

Speak for yourself. I consider myself to be very well educated on our political system, as well as the contemporary issues that our country is facing.

Oh and I am doing plenty about it. I just relocated to a swing state, I give money to candidates that I support on the local and national level, and I vote regularly. :) I have found that some people actually give a "rats ass" about what I think because of those reasons.

MBE, I did run the company. From 94-96 I helped train nearly 80% of the armored units in this country. I was in the top 5% of the graduating class of my section from the war college. You don't get to be an instructor at the NTC because you're a step above potato peeler.

[quote name='PittsburghAfterDark']What are my credentials? Basic training Fort Dix, New Jersey, AIT at Fort Knox, Kentucky sectioned 19 Delta (That's a tank platoon leader.), Army war college Carlisle, Pennsylvania, 2 tours in OPFOR platoon commander at the national training center in Fort Irwin, CA discharged honroable as a 1st Lieutenant in 1996. Any more questions?[/quote]

Yes.

How does being in the army make you an expert on:
a) politics
b) the intelligence community
c) history

From what I can tell, you know how to accept orders and shoot things. I thank you for protecting our country, but you have no greater knowledge of any of this than I do.

So then you're qualified to lecture us on political policy and the functioning of our intelligence agencies? Great to see that you served our country, but honestly that has nothing to do with the fact that we disagree with how Bush is running things.

War strategy != Political agenda

Obviously we are good at the war aspect of what has gone on. The actual conflicts in Afghanistan and Iraq were quick and efficient. Bluntly put, we kicked some ass. However, politics came into play after the main conflict, and promptly failed to meet the needs of the situation. The Bush administration failed the people of Afghanistan by prematurely pulling out much of our presence there, and shifting focus to Iraq. They have failed the men and women stationed over in Iraq by not dealing with the issues plaguing the country in an efficient and competent manner.

I wasn't saying you didn't know how to do your job. I'm sure you did. I'm saying fighting a war and deciding to go to war are two different disciplines and knowing how to do one does not mean you automatically know how to do the other.

EDIT: for grammar

[quote name='PittsburghAfterDark']What are my credentials? Basic training Fort Dix, New Jersey, AIT at Fort Knox, Kentucky sectioned 19 Kilo (That's a tank platoon leader.), Army war college Carlisle, Pennsylvania, 2 tours in OPFOR platoon commander at the national training center in Fort Irwin, CA discharged honroable as a 1st Lieutenant in 1996. Any more questions?[/quote]

As has been said before, thank you for your service to our country. I have nothing but respect for the people who put their lives on the line for us.

That said, could you explain something to me? While in office, Bush has cut military pay, military medical benefits, and sent our troops to war with inadequate supplies. How, as a military person, can you defend his policies when he has done so poorly by the troops?

What do you think they teach you at the army war college besides how intelligence and history teach us how to fight and win wars?

You have zero idea what it the military is about and war is an extension of politics. I guess since you're so intimately familiar with the topic you can lecture me on how Clausewitz was wrong on that principle and you, a message board poster who is probably on summer vacation from school, is right.

Can't we all just get along?

Seriously, I mean hasn't this political debate crap gone on long enough? Everytime I look at CAG I see floods of political topics on the boards from people who just won't drop the issue. Let's all just vote in November for whoever we're gonna vote for and talk about video games like good boys and girls, ok? :D

EDIT: for grammar

Seriously, do you think any of us Cheapassgamers, let alone the head Cheapass himself who originally posted this, give a rats ass what a person who's posted twice since he's joined thinks about this thread.

I seriously doubt that you really understand any of us enough to make a fair assumption that we have nothing to contribute to such discussions as these.

Quit trying to tell others who have been here alot longer and have much to offer to a discussion about issues such as these that they don't understand anything about them.

Thank you and please, get a life.

[quote name='Maverick CRV']Can't we all just get along?

Seriously, I mean hasn't this political debate crap gone on long enough? Everytime I look at CAG I see floods of political topics on the boards from people who just won't drop the issue. Let's all just vote in November for whoever we're gonna vote for and talk about video games like good boys and girls, ok? :D

EDIT: for grammar[/quote]

I think it's great that we can discuss issues of import along with how to get $4.99 CC games. If you don't like the political discussion, don't click on the thread.

[quote name='PittsburghAfterDark']What do you think they teach you at the army war college besides how intelligence and history teach us how to fight and win wars?

You have zero idea what it the military is about and war is an extension of politics. I guess since you're so intimately familiar with the topic you can lecture me on how Clausewitz was wrong on that principle and you, a message board poster who is probably on summer vacation from school, is right.[/quote]

Do they teach diplomacy and when you should not go to war in war college?

[quote name='Maverick CRV']Can't we all just get along?

EDIT: for grammar[/quote]

I guess nothing exciting is going on in the video game world.

Ya know they sould make a SIM President of the US. The we could play games and be political!

Agreed. Clausewitz and Sun Tzu know more about war and politics than us. This bloody site is about games and how to get them cheap. Just realize that almost no one is going to change their minds about politics becuase they read something on a message board.
Quit preaching to the choir, ignorant hipocrits or people who could care less and realize that you are not always right and even if you are their is a point that the topic should be droped.

Stupid People Disclaimer
(correct-spelling is not perfect in the above post. Nor did I attempt to be gramaticlly correct. This is a message board.)

[quote name='PittsburghAfterDark']I can't wait until 11PM 11/2/04 when the returns have Bush winning. I am going to love the reactions from you people.[/quote]

Your arrogance and overconfidence will take you far in life. I'd love to see your reaction in November if your juvenile posturing on behalf of this failed administration doesn't see W & Company return to office.

[quote name='PittsburghAfterDark']What do you think they teach you at the army war college besides how intelligence and history teach us how to fight and win wars?

You have zero idea what it the military is about and war is an extension of politics. I guess since you're so intimately familiar with the topic you can lecture me on how Clausewitz was wrong on that principle and you, a message board poster who is probably on summer vacation from school, is right.[/quote]

Hey Pittsburgh, what are you waiting for...a medal? You constantly run your mouth attacking other people on this thread like you're a goddamn genuis. If you are so smart and so educated then what the hell are you doing agruing on the internet?

Oh, and don't think I'm not greatful for your service. I am. But when you serve us and then demand respect, you lose mine.

[quote name='ingotheranchhand']Agreed. Clausewitz and Sun Tzu know more about war and politics than us. This bloody site is about games and how to get them cheap. Just realize that almost no one is going to change their minds about politics becuase they read something on a message board.
Quit preaching to the choir, ignorant hipocrits or people who could care less and realize that you are not always right and even if you are their is a point that the topic should be droped.

Stupid People Disclaimer
(correct-spelling is not perfect in the above post. Nor did I attempt to be gramaticlly correct. This is a message board.)[/quote]

Dude get ready for whole bunch of bashing cause you're about to get it.

[quote name='ingotheranchhand']Agreed. Clausewitz and Sun Tzu know more about war and politics than us. This bloody site is about games and how to get them cheap. Just realize that almost no one is going to change their minds about politics becuase they read something on a message board.

Stupid People Disclaimer
(correct-spelling is not perfect in the above post. Nor did I attempt to be gramaticlly correct. This is a message board.)[/quote]

*because
*hypocrites
*there
*dropped
*grammatically

-no charge

Another post where you state that (basically) everyone else on this board are more ignorant/stupid/ than you because they post on a msg board, why do you waste your time typing your opinion? If everyone followed your example noone should listen to anyone one here.

That said, could you explain something to me? While in office, Bush has cut military pay, military medical benefits, and sent our troops to war with inadequate supplies. How, as a military person, can you defend his policies when he has done so poorly by the troops?

This is a softball. Bush hasn't cut military pay. He slowed the growth of miliatry pay. Benefits are the same for active duty personnel and personnel drawn into active duty. The armed forces were NOT sent into Iraq with less than adequate supplies despite the reports in the press and the underground/leftist belief.

Armored HUMMERS? They aren't the answer. Neither are the Strykers which were/are being brought up faster (New weapon system.) to protect from roadside bombs. The biggest fault of the Army as far as inadequate protection was prematurely retiring M113's which were the Vietnam era APC's. They aren't sexy, they aren't state of the art but they would be much better than an up armored Hummer. However the army brass always wants sexy new weapons systems even if they aren't the best for the job. They have to incease the budgets. That's an organizational fault that's gone back generations.

The flack jacket debate? Flack jackets will stop shrapnel from a flung grenade but won't stop a small arms round. No body armor will stop an RPG-7 which are as common in Iraq as cell phones seemingly are at home. The issue has never been body armor but getting it delievered. It's not uncommon for requistions to take 6 or more weeks even with a light colonel asking for stuff. Again, that's an organizational fault not a NCA (National Command Authority= President) responsibility.

You have no idea how much different morale is under Bush than it was under Clinton. You'll notice I resigned my commission in 1996? That coincided with Clinton's re-election. Don't believe most of what the press coverage is telling you. It simply isn't as accurate as you're being lead to believe.

How do I know? I just got back from Carlisle and teaching a section on Guderian's romp through the lowlands and France in 1940. Morale amongst the troops I encountered was very good. Not the best I've seen but far from the worst.

a p.s. I like reading other people's point of view, and taking their opinion into account as I constantly investigate opinions. Call me strange but I actually believe in the concept of DEBATE--which in not the constant arguing of a statement without thinking about any other statements it is

a discussion in which reasons are advanced for and against some proposition or proposal

think about carefully; weigh

[quote name='"PittsburghAfterDark"']
T

You have no idea how much different morale is under Bush than it was under Clinton. You'll notice I resigned my commission in 1996? That coincided with Clinton's re-election. Don't believe most of what the press coverage is telling you. It simply isn't as accurate as you're being lead to believe.

And another example of your type of 'debate' "you have no idea" ah yes, you have all the answers and anyone who doesn't agree with you doesn't have the 'right' view.

[quote name='PittsburghAfterDark']You have no idea how much different morale is under Bush than it was under Clinton. You'll notice I resigned my commission in 1996? That coincided with Clinton's re-election. Don't believe most of what the press coverage is telling you. It simply isn't as accurate as you're being lead to believe.

How do I know? I just got back from Carlisle and teaching a section on Guderian's romp through the lowlands and France in 1940. Morale amongst the troops I encountered was very good. Not the best I've seen but far from the worst.[/quote]

Had these troops you talked to come back from Iraq?

Of course Lootr2Core takes "you have no idea" as a slam on debating style when he is able to accurately contrast U.S. Army troop morale under Clinton versus under Bush. Go ahead, I'm all ears. Tell me how you think morale in the armed forces compares from 1996 to today.

EDIT: MBE in answer to your question, about a third have. Some are butter bars straight from the class of 2004 at West Point that are all gung ho and ready to spit nails. That's typical of young officers in time of war... and all Marines (I kid, I kid if you're a jarhead.).

I would say the troops I came across from Iraq were as well off as any combat troops I've seen. The heaviest casualties have been suffered by the Marines where some units have had 60% causalty rates. That doesn't mean fatalities. Causalty rates include dead and wounded. For example if John Kerry gets one in the leg on a Swift boat with a crew of 5? That unit has a 20% casualty rate.

The worst morale situations have been with the reserves. That's typically the units and gripes you hear about having low morale in the press. Units that have people that don't want to re-up. These are mostly people who signed up for free college money and never had any idea they'd actually be forced into service. They expected the reserves to be a big boy's Scounting group. Unfortunately I don't deal with any reserve units so I can't attest to their morale.

Hope that helps.[/b]

[quote name='PittsburghAfterDark']

This is a softball. Bush hasn't cut military pay. He slowed the growth of miliatry pay. Benefits are the same for active duty personnel and personnel drawn into active duty. The armed forces were NOT sent into Iraq with less than adequate supplies despite the reports in the press and the underground/leftist belief.

Armored HUMMERS? They aren't the answer. Neither are the Strykers which were/are being brought up faster (New weapon system.) to protect from roadside bombs. The biggest fault of the Army as far as inadequate protection was prematurely retiring M113's which were the Vietnam era APC's. They aren't sexy, they aren't state of the art but they would be much better than an up armored Hummer. However the army brass always wants sexy new weapons systems even if they aren't the best for the job. They have to incease the budgets. That's an organizational fault that's gone back generations.

The flack jacket debate? Flack jackets will stop shrapnel from a flung grenade but won't stop a small arms round. No body armor will stop an RPG-7 which are as common in Iraq as cell phones seemingly are at home. The issue has never been body armor but getting it delievered. It's not uncommon for requistions to take 6 or more weeks even with a light colonel asking for stuff. Again, that's an organizational fault not a NCA (National Command Authority= President) responsibility.

How do I know? I just got back from Carlisle and teaching a section on Guderian's romp through the lowlands and France in 1940. Morale amongst the troops I encountered was very good. Not the best I've seen but far from the worst.[/quote]

A couple of points:

(1) I notice that you never responded to the point regarding Bush's cuts to military medical benefits. Given that both the Iraq and Afghanistan wars are creating more casualties, don't you think this was the worst possible time to make those cuts?

(2) RE: the flak jackets. The military had months upon months to prepare for the Iraq war, and would have had even longer had Bush given the weapons inspectors the chance to learn there were no WMDs in Iraq. So I don't buy your argument that it comes down to a requisition issue.

Also, are you saying that our troops don't deserve flak jackets because they won't protect them in every single instance? I'm sorry, but if folks like yourself are going to put their lives on the line, I want them to have every single advantage. Rationalize all you want, but flak jackets and armored Humvees provide an advantage that our soldiers in Iraq did not enjoy.

bread's done
Back