Anyone with a good personal review of REZ?

Sk

CAGiversary!
I really want that game, but I'm wondering if its really worth the trouble of trading or buying it. Is it really a gem or is it over rated? I love shooter and niche titles, but some are over rated.

Let me put it this way.. look at my collection of games. Seriously, click the link. To this day, this is the one game that I consistantly pull off of my shelf to just play a game and chill out. My brother says it is "meant to be played on acid", but I dunno about that.

[quote name='Skylander7']Let me put it this way.. look at my collection of games. Seriously, click the link. To this day, this is the one game that I consistantly pull off of my shelf to just play a game and chill out. My brother says it is "meant to be played on acid", but I dunno about that.[/quote]

Ditto on that point. My dad even went so far as to call it "art". I'm pretty sure he's right.

I think I need to get that game now. The closest one in my area is 100 miles away. (fu@k that) I might have to ebay it. I hate trading or selling my games. I did that with my NES, genesis, and PS1 games and I hate myself to this day.

I was actually playing it today on DC and it is still simply mind blowing. It's basicly Panzer Dragoon on acid. And yes, it is art. It's more of an experience than a game.

if you like shooters you will like this. It is a little bit short tho, and what ever you do, do not get a used trance vibrator, you dunno if the grrl using it had any stds.

The best thing was the music, but I have to ask you, do you have a base? Because the game is infinitely better when you windows are shaking from fear (best song in the game).

great game, but I can see how some people may not like it. I'm a Dj so I love the music and I love the gameplay. It's short but if your the type that must score 100% perfect on each level then it does have replay value.

[quote name='-Never4ever-']From a gameplay point I'd say it's a stripped down Panzer Dragoon. Fun? sure, but the real draw point of rez is it art-like graphics.[/quote]
So its not as fun as panzer dragoon. I love my xbox version, best game I've ever played. (shooter wise)

[quote name='Sk'][quote name='-Never4ever-']From a gameplay point I'd say it's a stripped down Panzer Dragoon. Fun? sure, but the real draw point of rez is it art-like graphics.[/quote]
So its not as fun as panzer dragoon. I love my xbox version, best game I've ever played. (shooter wise)[/quote]

I did not say that, I said stripped-down, as in simpler. It's up to you whether it's better or not. Personally I liked Rez and resent returning it for Tekken 4. I have a REALLY bad problem of getting rid of rare games for next to nothing.

is this the game with the Trance Vibrator? if so, can anyone get me a good review of that? if they used it? :D jk jk, but really, any review of the REZ+TRANCE?

Wasn't there a rumor/report that Rez was going to be re-released? I seem to remember there being some actual info backing that up too...

Oy, the re-release has been CONFIRMED for weeks now. In november, Rez will be re-released for 20 bucks. this is NOT a rumor, it is DEFINATE.

I'm going to have to be the dissenting voice here, flames be damned. I didn't like Rez much at all. I'm still on the lookout for it because of its collectibility, but I thought it was a shell of a game and inferior to both high quality shooters and rhythm games. And believe me, I've played the best of both genres.

I wrote a second opinion review on Rez for a leading gaming mag, which goes a little something like this:

Can't…think…straight. In…a trance. Rez…good. Wait a minute – No, it isn't! It was all a brainwash trick by Sega and Rez's trippy techno vibe. Good thing I snapped out of it before I gave this wireframe shell of a shooter a higher score than it deserves. Y'know what you got? F-plus. Click.

Justin - 5.75

That's me, Never4ever, though I quit GI about a year ago.

I love the Kool Ade Man gif, by the way. I remember seeing the first Family Guy and laughing my ass off to the point of tears at that bit.

Sega is re-releasing REZ before the end of the year so you won't have to spend 50 to 100 bucks for it on ebay.

[quote name='ViolentLee']That's me, Never4ever, though I quit GI about a year ago.

I love the Kool Ade Man gif, by the way. I remember seeing the first Family Guy and laughing my ass off to the point of tears at that bit.[/quote]

Well I know you quit GI, I just had no idea that you hung around these boards.

Oh and I like the gif too, but someone else made it.

[quote name='-Never4ever-'][quote name='ViolentLee']That's me, Never4ever, though I quit GI about a year ago.

I love the Kool Ade Man gif, by the way. I remember seeing the first Family Guy and laughing my ass off to the point of tears at that bit.[/quote]

Well I know you quit GI, I just had no idea that you hung around these boards.

Oh and I like the gif too, but someone else made it.[/quote]

I found out about this place during the summer CC $5 extravaganza. Started trading some stuff after that, and now explored the rest of the boards. Seems like a good, knowledgable group of gamers -- which is rare to find -- so I keep coming back. Plus, I've found out about some great deals (GameRush, TRU Green-Tag, etc.).

[quote name='zewone']You worked for Game Informer? Good shit. I'm trying to work for just about any videogame magazine but I have to wait until I finish school to get real serious about it. I'm majoring in journalism so I can try to find a job in the videogame magazine industry. :D[/quote]

Same here.

It's a pretty tough gig to get into. There's only, at my estimate, 150 game journalists in North America, and they don't tend to leave too often. However, it's far from impossible.

My advice (if you care) is to work on your writing as best you can, do some fan site reviews and such for practice and exposure, and proofread the hell out of anything you submit. Define a personality in your writing while still staying on the subject at hand (the game, not you), and try to make everything worth reading.

Since leaving GI (again, if you care), I've become a freelancer writer, doing work for Wired, GMR, GameSpy, X-Play, Newtype USA, and a bunch of other outlets. This is an even tougher nut to crack, as you have to work for every assignment instead of having a full-time job. But the hours and lack of boss are great. :)

guess ... the re-releasing is not happening. The price is getting higher and higher. I got mine REZ for $14.99 back in the days at Bestbuy and I also got the Trance Vibrator straight from JAPAN. Yah, my REZ collection is now COMPLETED !!!

[quote name='foinecrewx']guess ... the re-releasing is not happening. The price is getting higher and higher. I got mine REZ for $14.99 back in the days at Bestbuy and I also got the Trance Vibrator straight from JAPAN. Yah, my REZ collection is now COMPLETED !!![/quote]

no it isn't :cool:
it will be when you will collect:
1.REZ Jap
2.REZ Eur
3.2nd Trance Vibrator(playing with two of them is out of space)
4.REZ soundtrack
5.REZ sampler
6.REZ limited edition box-set Japanese
7.REZ DC Jap
8.REZ DC Eur

:twisted:

bread's done
Back