88 replies to this topic

#61 GizmoGC

GizmoGC

I love Cheese

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2006 - 10:04 PM

Add more to the 'Will not sell list'
Oxnard, Newbury Park, Simi Valley, Moorpark
All have 0 or 2-3 old DS units in the case. Compared to last week (they were packed with old ones). Wonder where they all went?

#62 AshesofWake

AshesofWake

chum is fum

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2006 - 10:04 PM

damn im too far away :(
WHAT A HORRIBLE NIGHT TO HAVE A CURSE

Posted Image

Avatar record spinning: Pelican - Ataraxia/Taraxis EP

#63 klyco

klyco

The Wii is for Mii

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2006 - 10:44 PM

Why put them out if they're not going to sell them, thats my question?
Help me buy a camera by donating a buck or two.
Paypal account name:PM for account name

Posted ImagePosted Image

#64 2poor

2poor

Posted 03 June 2006 - 10:50 PM

Add more to the 'Will not sell list'
Oxnard, Newbury Park, Simi Valley, Moorpark
All have 0 or 2-3 old DS units in the case. Compared to last week (they were packed with old ones). Wonder where they all went?

I don't know what stores you're talking about though.

#65 espy

espy

Original Transported Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 June 2006 - 01:55 AM

the ice blue color doesnt really look like blue. it looks more green than blue.

http://static.flickr...13d9b82.jpg?v=0
http://static.flickr...c193dc4.jpg?v=0

Looks like my old Teal DS.

#66 Kirra

Kirra

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 June 2006 - 04:59 AM

Glad to be a "confirmer." I hope you guys are happy with your lites!

I just got one at the South Gate Target. There were still probably about 5 or 6 left. The employee there said they had sold about 5 of them today.

Yeah, I actually had to go back again today. B/c the DS Lite that my friend got last night had one dead pixel right smack in the middle of the bottom screen. So we went back to get it exchanged. I also saw a guy buy a Lite and Brain Age while I was there. There aren't that many left, so get them while you can! (Traffic getting out of that plaza was horrible...)

#67 Renald

Renald

Friend of the Furoks ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 June 2006 - 06:30 AM

I also picked up a DSLite at South Gate today (picked it up around 3:10;there were two left). After I bought it, I shopped around for a while till 4:00 and checked the DSLite section before I left. There was only one left. :-(

Does anyone know if they restocked it or is it sold out?

#68 unforeseen

unforeseen

Crime Scene Investigator

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 June 2006 - 08:34 AM

No DSLites at Target (Bristol/Baker) and Sears (Westminster Mall)

#69 Renzokuken

Renzokuken

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 June 2006 - 09:35 AM

I also picked up a DSLite at South Gate today (picked it up around 3:10;there were two left). After I bought it, I shopped around for a while till 4:00 and checked the DSLite section before I left. There was only one left. :-(

Does anyone know if they restocked it or is it sold out?

Seems like they restocked it. I bought one around 7 and they have quite a few left.

#70 Renald

Renald

Friend of the Furoks ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 June 2006 - 10:20 AM

Seems like they restocked it. I bought one around 7 and they have quite a few left.

That's great to hear! Hopefully more SoCal CAGers will be able to take advantage of this and pick one up! :-D

This was the first time that I went to that Target and man is it huge!! About 2 times the size of my Target!! :-o!!

#71 espy

espy

Original Transported Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 June 2006 - 10:49 AM

Found a way to get Targets to break street date! Thanks to snood's post in the main DS Lite bragging thread which I'll paste here:

Originally Posted by snood Posted Image
Just got back from the Atlantic Avenue Target in Brooklyn. Managed to snag a lite for me, and one for the girlfriend.

I found a worker in housewares, asked if he could do a stock check for me, and gave him the product code for the Lite: 207 01 0007

His handheld computer thing said that they were all in the stockroom, so he went back there and returned with 2 brand new ds lites.

Complete credit for this idea goes to JETFIRE714 on Fatwallet, as soon as I read his post it seemed just clever enough to work. I just had to try since there were absolutely no stores that broke the street date here.

Totally works, no problem. Rang it up in the front and out the door!

#72 2poor

2poor

Posted 04 June 2006 - 04:24 PM

Found a way to get Targets to break street date! Thanks to snood's post in the main DS Lite bragging thread which I'll paste here:

Totally works, no problem. Rang it up in the front and out the door!

That works and all, but not in SoCal. Apparently everyone already knows not to sell the DSL until the 11th.
But if anyone wants to try the method out at a no go target and tell us what happens.

#73 bonk81

bonk81

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 June 2006 - 08:57 PM

Southgate had about 3 still in the case as of 11:00am Sunday morning.

#74 espy

espy

Original Transported Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 June 2006 - 09:01 PM

That works and all, but not in SoCal. Apparently everyone already knows not to sell the DSL until the 11th.
But if anyone wants to try the method out at a no go target and tell us what happens.

Um, it does work in SoCal. I just said I did it myself, last night at a "no go Target." That's why I asked someone in hardwares instead of someone in electronics.

#75 2poor

2poor

Posted 05 June 2006 - 01:00 AM

Um, it does work in SoCal. I just said I did it myself, last night at a "no go Target." That's why I asked someone in hardwares instead of someone in electronics.

Sorry I didn't read your post all the way through. I tried it and I just walked out of Target with a BRAND NEW DS LITE!

#76 RiCeBo1

RiCeBo1

NAME PRONOUNCED RICEBOY

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2006 - 03:42 AM

How much is the DS Lite?

Posted Image

#77 Kirra

Kirra

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2006 - 04:20 AM

wow.. what a question, I'll be nice. $129.99

#78 2poor

2poor

Posted 05 June 2006 - 04:49 AM

How much is the DS Lite?

$140.06 :bouncy:

#79 klyco

klyco

The Wii is for Mii

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2006 - 05:01 AM

$137.70 :bouncy:

Wait, is that with tax? I thought it would be around 142 with tax.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#80 espy

espy

Original Transported Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2006 - 05:06 AM

Tax varies from county to county in California, with most counties having 7.25% (I think).

There's this weird smudge on my DS Lite below the screen, trying to resist returning it!

#81 klyco

klyco

The Wii is for Mii

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2006 - 05:07 AM

Tax varies from county to county in California, with most counties having 7.25% (I think).

There's this weird smudge on my DS Lite below the screen, trying to resist returning it!

I have an 8.25 :(

Posted ImagePosted Image

#82 2poor

2poor

Posted 05 June 2006 - 05:07 AM

Wait, is that with tax? I thought it would be around 142 with tax.

Whoops. I actually put two prices together of something else I bought today. I meant $140.06.

#83 cecilvaliant

cecilvaliant

King of CF Vanguard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2006 - 05:19 AM

anyone know if there are any more at South Gate Target or if theres a good amount? was thinking about driving from aliso viejo to there, but its a pretty good amount of driving tehre and dont want to waste gas if its for nothing =X man wish there was a closer one

#84 Darwin23

Darwin23

I need more cowbell

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2006 - 09:50 PM

ToyMandala.com at sherman oaks is selling the DS lite US version for 149.95. I ask the guy if they're allowed to sell it before the street date and he said "everyone else is selling it".

#85 espy

espy

Original Transported Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2006 - 03:48 AM

If that were true, he wouldn't charge $150 for it. Just do the Target trick!

#86 xplode427

xplode427

can't buy me love

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2006 - 06:32 PM

tried to get one yesterday, guy broughtit out, but then made me go to the game section to buy it. they wouldn't sell it to me. i was so close i could taste it! gonna try the one on la cienaga today.

#87 BigHow

BigHow

Too cool to kill...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2006 - 06:43 PM

tried to get one yesterday, guy broughtit out, but then made me go to the game section to buy it. they wouldn't sell it to me. i was so close i could taste it! gonna try the one on la cienaga today.

When I went to La Cienaga last night, they said there were no DS units in stock. Maybe it's a different situation today.
We'll Fix It In Post - Your daily dose of pop culture writing. New podcasts on Fridays!

tradelist -- auctions -- collection -- gaminglagoon

Posted Image Posted Image

#88 stargun

stargun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2006 - 06:54 PM

the TRU in Fort Smith, AR just got some today.

#89 xplode427

xplode427

can't buy me love

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2006 - 07:05 PM

When I went to La Cienaga last night, they said there were no DS units in stock. Maybe it's a different situation today.

thanks. i'll try a different one