where can i find ouendan in los angeles??

[quote name='espy605']I think there's a domestic release planned so you might want to wait.[/QUOTE]

though "Elite Beat Agents" is similar in gameplay, I still look at them like two different games. also it's not a translated version of Ouendan, it's a new game in general. the J-Pop and Japanese music they use in the 1st Ouendan game are way better than what they use in that Elite Beat Agents game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ys7fNU7L4EM

Ah, didn't know. When I first heard it was being released here, I hoped it might remain unchanged (a lot of very Japanese-oriented games have been left mostly untouched for a US release over the past few years). Figures though.

[quote name='Radioactive_Man']Gamestar

www.japanvideogames.com

Here's the location

710 W Las Tunas DR Ste 1,
San Gabriel CA 91776-1156,
U.S.A Tel:(626) 281-9282 Fax:(626) 458-6845

I buy games from them all the time.[/quote]

cool. i ended up buying oundan from them thru ebay. I didnt know they have a retail store. I might go there to get more guitarfreaks and drummania games. thanks!

[quote name='espy605']Ah, didn't know. When I first heard it was being released here, I hoped it might remain unchanged (a lot of very Japanese-oriented games have been left mostly untouched for a US release over the past few years). Figures though.[/quote]

Well, if the best of all possible worlds would be to have Japanese Ouendan released here untouched, this is the next best thing. It's far better than, say, having a butchered or half-assed version of the original released here.

The game is too good to not have some sort of release here, and it's totally what the DS is all about.

Plus, Ouendan freaks get twice as much Ouendan. Since new music = new patterns, its a whole new game, and I'm actually interested to see what they do with it.

If you don't have the original, get it somehow. Best import money I ever spent. The only regret I have is waiting so long to get it.

I've heard that Fry's actually carries Ouendan and Bleach DS. I haven't made any L.A. store confirmations, myself, though. I'm gonna check the Burbank one real soon.

[quote name='Vegan']I've heard that Fry's actually carries Ouendan and Bleach DS. I haven't made any L.A. store confirmations, myself, though. I'm gonna check the Burbank one real soon.[/quote]

Not in OC Fry's. They've had a few Japanese PSP and DS titles, but never Ouendan. Hope you find it.

[quote name='Vegan']No such luck at the Burbank Fry's, btw. I guess I'll be paying a visit to that import store.[/quote]

This might deserve it's own thread, but I was in OC Fry's today (Fountain Valley). They had no Ouendan, but they did have

DS Bleach
DS Jump Superstars
DS Mahjongg (2 kinds)

PSP Bleach
PSP Me & My Katamari (JPN)
PSP Breath of Fire 3 (Europe)

Unfortunately, they're all $49.99, except for Katamari, which was $24.99. Ouch.

Yeah, ironically, they had more copies of those imports than any other DS title. Also tons of Naruto and an import billiard game.

bread's done
Back