Free boob jobs if you join the military

"The magazine quoted an Army spokeswoman as saying, "the surgeons have to have someone to practice on.""

Oh yea I can really see this a NEED TO KNOW operation in the Military.

"MEDIC!!!! This woman is Flat chesting on me! Nurse! get me 50 CC's of silicon!"

Good way to spend $ Goverment :roll:

Good way to spend $ Goverment

They need to train their doctors... This isn't like sending them out to a Beverly Hills plastic surgeon, this is like going to a barber school for a free haircut. You might ask what the Army needs with plastic surgeons, but look at how many wounded soldiers are burned/horribly disfigured... If I were a woman, and my boobs were blown off in battle, I'd want a well-trained doctor working on me.

I see stuff on TV about old people having to get divorced because they cant afford to pay taxes married. And the US government pulls this? I should be the fist Hokage of America and turn this place around. Vote Ortega for Hokage/President!

[quote name='dafoomie']
Good way to spend $ Goverment

They need to train their doctors... This isn't like sending them out to a Beverly Hills plastic surgeon, this is like going to a barber school for a free haircut. You might ask what the Army needs with plastic surgeons, but look at how many wounded soldiers are burned/horribly disfigured... If I were a woman, and my boobs were blown off in battle, I'd want a well-trained doctor working on me.[/quote]

Great Priorities! What's next the Army making farms to feed the homeless to pick up new recruits as well?

Great Priorities! What's next the Army making farms to feed the homeless to pick up new recruits as well?

Did I say that this was to recruit new people? No, I didn't. I said they need to train their doctors. If you didn't know, there ARE doctors in the Army. In a war, a lot of wounded soldiers end up burned or disfigured and require plastic surgery to function and to resemble a normal looking person. If they'd rather practice on real people, opposed to a dummy or a cadaver, then fine. It doesn't cost the Army nearly as much to do this, a lot of the cost of plastic surgery goes to the doctor, which doesn't happen in the Army.

[quote name='dafoomie']

Did I say that this was to recruit new people? No, I didn't. I said they need to train their doctors. If you didn't know, there ARE doctors in the Army. In a war, a lot of wounded soldiers end up burned or disfigured and require plastic surgery to function and to resemble a normal looking person. If they'd rather practice on real people, opposed to a dummy or a cadaver, then fine. It doesn't cost the Army nearly as much to do this, a lot of the cost of plastic surgery goes to the doctor, which doesn't happen in the Army.[/quote]

I didn't say you did, a misunderstanding. But I "think" if some lady gets her boobs blown off TO BAD, your in the military and you knew the risk. Priorities should stay with keeping everyone feed and safe. Not Giving Betty her boobs back.

I didn't say you did, a misunderstanding. But I "think" if some lady gets her boobs blown off TO BAD, your in the military and you knew the risk. Priorities should stay with keeping everyone feed and safe. Not Giving Betty her boobs back.

So if a soldier is wounded in battle, he should just be left there to die? Or if his leg is blown off, or if his face is horribly burned, he shouldn't get help either? This isn't about just boob jobs. Its the entire practice of reconstructive surgery, which a soldier should have if he needs it. If your horribly burned and disfigured while defending your country, I want the best doctors working on you trying to get you back to normal.

"Between 2000 and 2003, military doctors performed 496 breast enlargements and 1,361 liposuction surgeries on soldiers and their dependents, the magazine said"

I don't see any burn victims or any type of life threatening injury mentioned at all. There is a difference in what is needed and what is not, liposuction to pas PT or breast enlargements to get a promotion is a no go with me.

I don't see any burn victims or any type of life threatening injury mentioned at all. There is a difference in what is needed and what is not, liposuction to pas PT or breast enlargements to get a promotion is a no go with me.

This is PRACTICE. The doctors are in training. You learn how to deal with real life situations by practicing on real life people. Would you rather they train entirely on corpses?

[quote name='Michaellvortega']
I don't see any burn victims or any type of life threatening injury mentioned at all. There is a difference in what is needed and what is not, liposuction to pas PT or breast enlargements to get a promotion is a no go with me.[/quote]

Breast enlargements don't equal automatic promotion and getting liposuction won't help some pass Army physical testing much at all. Makes you thinner looking but you don't lose that much body weight and it doesn't put you in peak condition.

Practice saving burn victims by sucking out some fat and throwing in some 36 double D's while there in there?

Yes, you do learn that way. Its all plastic surgery. The good doctors work on the burn victims and the people that were disfigured. The trainees work on the people that want optional surgery. You don't want a trainee working on someone that barely made it out of Iraq.

How else would you have them learn? Would you like to start burning Iraqi prisoners and having them practice on them?

that is a complete waste of government money. they should be using that to help feed homeless people,help build new schools to help further educate people and stuff like that,not give free boob jobs to people in the army. if they need that so bad then they should pay for it like everyone else has to that isn't in the army.

[quote name='dafoomie']
Practice saving burn victims by sucking out some fat and throwing in some 36 double D's while there in there?

Yes, you do learn that way. Its all plastic surgery. The good doctors work on the burn victims and the people that were disfigured. The trainees work on the people that want optional surgery. You don't want a trainee working on someone that barely made it out of Iraq.

How else would you have them learn? Would you like to start burning Iraqi prisoners and having them practice on them?[/quote]

Lets give the Army real good practice by having FREE health care for all USA citizens

[quote name='Michaellvortega']Practice saving burn victims by sucking out some fat and throwing in some 36 double D's while there in there?[/quote]

Try not to be such a jackass. THis is for board certification. A doctor has to demonstrate a wide range if skills to become a board certified plastic surgeon and provide reconstructive surgeries to deserving wounded personnel. There is considerable overlap between breat augmentations and reconstructive techniques used on both genders.

http://www.nationalreview.com/thecorner/04_07_18_corner-archive.asp#036365

As for your "too bad you got disfigured while serving in the military' attitude, I recommend you try voicing it loudly at a VA hospital. Once they're done you find having a hospital so close by very convenient.

[quote name='Michaellvortega'][quote name='dafoomie']

How else would you have them learn? Would you like to start burning Iraqi prisoners and having them practice on them?[/quote]

Lets give the Army real good practice by having FREE health care for all USA citizens[/quote]

Nothing is free. Those nations with a government controlled health care system do so at the cost of mediocre care and confiscatory taxes. I'll vote against both of those at every opportunity.

[quote name='epobirs'][quote name='Michaellvortega'][quote name='dafoomie']

Lets give the Army real good practice by having FREE health care for all USA citizens[/quote]

Nothing is free. Those nations with a government controlled health care system do so at the cost of mediocre care and confiscatory taxes. I'll vote against both of those at every opportunity.[/quote]

The New Yorker magazine reports in its July 26th edition that members of all four branches of the U.S. military can get face-lifts, breast enlargements, liposuction and nose jobs for free -- something the military says helps surgeons practice their skills.

But nothings free right?

I respect every hardworking person in the military, hell a lot of my family was killed in WW2 under the threat of deportation, and there family lived in the states before it was the USA, so I think I know a thing or two about war vets. All IM saying is lets not give out unneeded surgery and lets practice and spend wisely.

Whine, Whine.
This serves a practical purpose in many of the branches of the service.

Navy.. what could be better that a sailor with built-in floatation devices? The bigger the better!! Imagine how many lives could be saved by a woman with 36DD's when a boat goes down?

Army and Marines... built in Flak Jackets!! Get them big enough and you could stop a bullet before it does too much damage!!

Air Force... bigger = more drag. More drag= slower descent!!

That's right.
I think I'll name the proposal and group:

Biological Replacement and Augmentation Services.

BRAS: SUPPORTING BIG BREASTS IN OUR ARMED SERVICES.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']probably already been said, but one thing it does do is boost morale[/quote]

Obviously, you're joking. But sex and the army has never worked together. We can't forget about the prison scandals a few months ago.

I'm reading this thread/feud between dafoomie and Michaellvortega and I will have to agree with both of them for different cases.

I actually know I guy who was in the Marines and part of his face was blown off. He had to get reconstructive surgery to fix his face. I thought it was something that tax money should pay for. After all, he was putting himself in mortal danger for the United States.

If a woman gets her breast shot off...She should be allowed reconstructive surgery too. I see no problem with that.

What I didnt like was the fact the article seem to mention Liposuction. Liposuction is an elective surgery and I really cant think of a compelling reason why this should be on the taxpayers dime.

well the army does give us alot of free stuff so this really isnt a surprise...and the army does do alot of testing on us with new stuff

Liposuction is an elective surgery and I really cant think of a compelling reason why this should be on the taxpayers dime.

Someone said this pretty well earlier, but they have to practice these things and do them well to get board certified. Scroll down to Epobirs post... His link is pretty good too.

[quote name='Xevious']I'm reading this thread/feud between dafoomie and Michaellvortega and I will have to agree with both of them for different cases.

I actually know I guy who was in the Marines and part of his face was blown off. He had to get reconstructive surgery to fix his face. I thought it was something that tax money should pay for. After all, he was putting himself in mortal danger for the United States.

If a woman gets her breast shot off...She should be allowed reconstructive surgery too. I see no problem with that.

What I didnt like was the fact the article seem to mention Liposuction. Liposuction is an elective surgery and I really cant think of a compelling reason why this should be on the taxpayers dime.[/quote]

In no way is this a feud It's just a difference of opinion. I myself believe in making sure everyone is OK before you go the extra mile for yourself. Everyone is going to have different views and takes on stuff but that is what makes the USA great, because we can express those views.

I just wish the government would spend money more wisely. Maybe some of you have a lot of money but I'm a middle class 22 year old and semi-struggling to make it through college. Everyday I see stupid stuff like people eating out of trash cans or people with kids in the winter with no jackets, no shoes. It just hurts me to see that stuff, especially with kids :( and someone gets liposuction or a boob job on my dime. Milwaukee is not even a poor city so I can only imagine other towns/citys/countrys. If we let stuff like "unneeded" surgery slide, what's next hookers for congress men?

dont let paris hilton and nicole richie see this... i dont think they can throw grenades that well..

I just read the article to two of my co-workers and to my utter amazement, one of them has a sister-in-law who has used this benefit. She's already had one liposuction operation and is going to get a second soon. All of which is free.

:roll:

[quote name='Michaellvortega'][quote name='dafoomie']

Did I say that this was to recruit new people? No, I didn't. I said they need to train their doctors. If you didn't know, there ARE doctors in the Army. In a war, a lot of wounded soldiers end up burned or disfigured and require plastic surgery to function and to resemble a normal looking person. If they'd rather practice on real people, opposed to a dummy or a cadaver, then fine. It doesn't cost the Army nearly as much to do this, a lot of the cost of plastic surgery goes to the doctor, which doesn't happen in the Army.[/quote]

I didn't say you did, a misunderstanding. But I "think" if some lady gets her boobs blown off TO BAD, your in the military and you knew the risk. Priorities should stay with keeping everyone feed and safe. Not Giving Betty her boobs back.[/quote]

Your comments get you the award: fucking moron of the day.

So that's where DLF got his from... his "whack iraq" avatar makes so much more sense now, although I can't say that I feel safe with people like that defending our country.

bread's done
Back