Arcade Auction - Springfield, MA 6/17

i will be in attendance for reals. i'll try to take some pics cheapy, maybe even bring the few business cards I have left. i'll wear the CAG t-shirt (if it's clean...) so if anyone sees me, say hello!

i'm pumped, going to try and snag something on the cheap.

I'd be there in a heartbeat if they were putting up an FZero machine.

Even still, it might be worth checking out. I'll have to sneak down there (the woman would kill if she knew that I was looking at arcade machines).

Holy shit, that place was my favorite way back in the day...or maybe it was the Dream Machine in RI. Either way, I wish I had the funds to get one of the cabinets.

For all you guys attending, be sure to take pictures and maybe some notes too.
I'd love to have enough content for a front page article.

Thanks!

damm, I might make it up there for that...I will have to get up early, but my wife wanted to head up that way to a bunch of furniture factories.

You'll definitely need a truck, or a big SUV. My cabinet wouldn't fit in my Explorer, and was hanging out the back of my buddies Chevy Avalanche by a couple inches. I think mine is almost exactly 6 feet tall and its a pretty standard size.

Sounds like a CAG All-Star meetup is in order. I hope my knowledge that I don't need a coin-op outweighs my desire for one. Probably, it won't... unless people bid these shits up real high.

So I'm thinking of calling the info line on that listing and asking some questions, like how long do you have to get the machines outta there if you do win and what games are up for auction.

Anyone got anything they want me to ask?

I still don't know if I'm going, Lindz brought up a good point: If we couldn't get our couch in the door and had to hoist it up the side of the building HOW THE HELL ARE WE GONNA GET AN ARCADE MACHINE IN THE DOOR?

Good point, but I still don't think it's going to deter us from going just to check it out, Springfield is like 2 and half 3 hours away, to be there by the 930 viewing we'd have to be up pretty early, and since I plan on drinking most of the day today and tomorrow that my put the kibosh on getting up early.

[quote name='JimmieMac']If we couldn't get our couch in the door and had to hoist it up the side of the building HOW THE HELL ARE WE GONNA GET AN ARCADE MACHINE IN THE DOOR?[/quote]

Most of those things come apart quite easily so if it doesn't fit you could always take it apart and reassemble inside...

If anyone contacted them, what arcades are they auctioning? I have absolutely no place for them, but I'd rent out a storage shed for them. I'm supposed to be taking a trip down there this weekend anyway.

[quote name='JimmieMac']I still don't know if I'm going...[/quote]You got's to go...and bring that video camera of yours!

I gave them a call to ask the same questions jimmiemac was going to ask. Got the answering machine, it seems to be a home phone number.

[quote name='ryanbph']I gave them a call to ask the same questions jimmiemac was going to ask. Got the answering machine, it seems to be a home phone number.[/quote]
Yeah it is, but it's legit. We called when we asked if there would be minimum bids, and got a very nice woman.

It sounds like they're just going to open the doors to the arcade and sell everything out. I'm guessing that the 9:30AM "viewing" will just be all of the machines on freeplay (one would hope).

Good luck to everyone going! Somebody make a note on how much the DDR machine goes for (if they still have it and are selling it), and how much a Marvel vs. Capcom 2 goes for (if they have it).

I wasn't able to go, I really wanted to, too... Anyone have any luck?

Springfield is a bit of a hike, and I don't have a truck that can lug a big arcade machine back.

[quote name='soulwish2003']In case anyone here is into this type of thing...
Here are pictures / price info from the Orlando auction that took place 6/17 :

http://tinyurl.com/j2q5d

I'm only passing on the link - 'number 6' did all of the work.[/QUOTE]
damm that one had some of the games I wanted. I wish they had that at the springfield one the other day

[quote name='seraphcrono']bah. Car isn't working, and I'm too cheap to buy a bus ticket from Amherst to Springfield.[/QUOTE]

A bus ticket there and back is cheaper than a gallon of gas. :lol:

from rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace

From 'Taxman':

Here are the auction results for the auction at Dream Machine -
Eastfield Mall, Springfield MA Saturday 6/17/2006. It was my first and
quite interesting. The few things I bid on were the ones others wanted
also (of course). I did go home with a new hand truck (the dollys that
drop back to 4 wheels) and a pinball machine dolly. But no games.
There were more games than I expected. The original list I was told
was mostly redemption machines.

It was good to see a few familiar faces. Here is a list the best I
could keep track. It does move kind of quick so it is not %100. Most
of these machines were in good working and looking condition.

Lot #1 - Wacky Ball (Redemption) - $100
#2 - Pirates Gold (Redemption) - $50
#3 - Roll Gold (Redemption) $25
#4 Foosball Table - $250
#5 Gunblade (was not turned on so I did not see it working) - $300
#6 Off Road Challenge - $875
#7 Off Road Challenge - $850
#8 Off Road Challenge - $850
#9 Crusin World - $750
#10 Crusin World (bad Marquee) - $750
#11 Crusin World - $750
#12 Crusin World - $750
#13 Top Skater - $250 (unbelievable)
#14 Wave Runner - $500 (another big one)
#15 Neon Sign "Win Prizes" - $150
#16 Lethal Enforcer (bad marquee) - $525
#17 Spin to win (redemption) - $50
#18 Spin to win (redemption) - $50
#19 Spin to win (redemption) - $50
#20 Spin to win (redemption) - $50
#21 Marvel vs Capcom - $225
#22 Feed Big Bertha $150
#23 Ticket Alley Skee Ball - $300
#24 Ticket Alley Skee Ball - No Sale
#25 Ticket Alley Skee Ball - No Sale
#26 Ticket Alley Skee Ball - No Sale
#27 Ticket Alley Skee Ball - No Sale
#28 Marvel Super Heroes - $250
#29 Music Arena (Redemption) $425
#30 Music Arena (Redemption) $425
$31 Area 51 - $400
#32 Tekken Tag $150
#33 Dynamite Cop - $400 (I think)
#34 Total Vice - $425 (nice)
#35 Tekken 4 - $350
#36 Virtua Cop - $375 (I think)
#37 House of the Dead - $600 (another big one)
#38 Sega Rally Twins - $300
#39 Sega Rally Twins - ? Not sure if it sold. If it did it would be
$300 also, that's how this auction works with same items
#40 Pop-a-ball - $50
#41 Pop-a-ball - No Sale
#42 Pop-a-ball - No Sale
#43 Hiphopmania - $300
#44 Air Hockey - $800
Something got messed up with the Lot numbering here
Jackpot Redemption $25
Prize Winner - $100
Lot #47 Mortal Kombat 4 - $550
#48 Air Hockey - $800
#49 Bear Claw (3 crane box) - $50
#50 Big Choice - ? Would be $50, not sure if sold
#51 Rampage (not the original, and screen messed up) - $250
#52 Beasterizer - $100 (it had a monitor that must have been worth $250
alone)
#53 Mortal Kombat 4 - $400
#54 NFL Blitz - $500 - (Signed by two player from the Bills, Lipton and
Tolly I think)
#55 Wheel em In (Redemption) $250
#56 Wheel em In (Redemption) $250
#57 Home Run Hitter (redemption) $75
#58 Home Run Hitter (redemption) $75
#59 Top Skater - $250
#60 Marvel Capcom $250
#61 Helicopter Kiddy ride $200
(Most of the following drivers are for the pair)
#62 Manx TT - $725
#63 Daytona USA - $600
#64 Daytona USA - $600
#65 Stadium Cross - $275
#66 Tekken 3 - $200
#67 Area 51 - $475
#68 Virtua On - $325
#69 Tekken 4 (blurry monitor) - $350
#70 Stadium Cross - $275
#71 Hoop Shot $50
#72 Hoop Shot $50

>From this point on it was Neon signs, glass showcase fixture, hand
carts and even giant safes.

Just some corrections to that list. The marvel vs capcom listed as #21 did not go for 225, it went for 350. Also the hiphop mania went for more than 300, i would have bid on it if it was at 300. Virtua On was in the 400's at least if I remember correctly. Also #28 was not marvel super heroes it was marvel super heroes vs street fighter.

This was my score, 288 after fees. The cabinet may not be in the best shape but it has a 27" monitor that was recently replaced, both joysticks are happ perfect 360, Competition buttons, and marvel vs capcom (japanese version). All in all, I am quite happy with the machine. It was #60 on that list.

06030615414os.jpg

[quote name='fieldkillah']This was my score, 288 after fees. The cabinet may not be in the best shape but it has a 27" monitor that was recently replaced, both joysticks are happ perfect 360, Competition buttons, and marvel vs capcom (japanese version). All in all, I am quite happy with the machine. It was #60 on that list.[/quote]

Awesome! Congrats - it's worth it just for the monitor and Happs 360s alone...

bread's done
Back