Bash One Reporter: They Cricle the Wagons Teresa Heinz Kerry Becoming News

PittsburghAfterDark

CAGiversary!
I want to go on the record as Teresa telling a Pittsburgh Tribune Review to shove it is a non-issue in my book. Personally I think reporters covering candidates unfavorably are two faces liars at worst and less than honest at best. However the profession is a very close knit fraternity/sorority. Reporters will always stick up for attacks on their own the way tigers protect their young.

That being said after Teresa's comments last night the press immediately went looking for slanderous comments she made against Ted Kennedy or Democrats in general from when she was married to a fantastic U.S. Senator, the late John Heinz. Well, it looks like they're finding them and the Boston Herald is splashing the following tomorrow according to Drudge. Basically, this story is in the bank and Matt got it before the online Herald appeared online... probably due to the paper holding its online edition until the evening's DNC convention proceedings had fromally closed.

The story is quoted and linked for your viewing.

XXXXX DRUDGE REPORT XXXXX MON JULY 26, 2004 21:00:01 ET XXXXX

TERESA HEINZ UNEARTHED: 'I DON'T TRUST TED KENNEDY'; DEMOCRATS 'PUTRID'

A historic bombshell interview has surfaced of Teresa Heinz Kerry ripping Ted Kennedy and the Democrat political machine!

The interview is set for splashing at the BOSTON HERALD, the DRUDGE REPORT has learned, the newspaper which originally ran the session with a then Republican Teresa Heinz.

The candid flashback hits as both Teresa and "Bastard" Kennedy prepare to address the Democrat convention in Boston.

ABCNEWS's GOOD MORNING AMERICA plans to highlight the Teresa Heinz interview Tuesday.
Host Charlie Gibson presented Heinz Kerry with the unearthed quotes, sources tell DRUDGE.

Developing...

-----------------------------------------------------------
Filed By Matt Drudge
Reports are moved when circumstances warrant
http://www.drudgereport.com for updates
(c)DRUDGE REPORT 2004
Not for reproduction without permission of the author

Matt, I never sought you permission for this. You want it removed... just PM me .

8)

Do me a favor and please put "Drudge Report" in the subject line of these posts. That way I will be able to avoid them all together. Drudge is as much of a reporter as Jon Stewart. Good on entertainment... bad as a source for actual information.

I like the fact that he has a "Reports are moved when circumstances warrant" tag line. All the news thats fit to print... until someone does some fact checking.

EDIT: Changed some words around. CAUSE: Accute lack of coffee.

PAD has a point, families should be left out of this.

I saw a news clip where Bill O RIley labeled Bill Clintons young daughter as the "family dog".

The media makes me sick.

Those reporters really should "shove it".

I believe that was Rush that called Chelsea the first dog. Real upstanding citizen. So what is your point PAD, Bush was kissin Clintons ass when they unveiled the portrait of him at the white house, and I guarantee he talked so much trash on Clinton during the last election and even still to this today that its not even funny. Politicians do this all the time whats your point? and please dont try to say I dont have a point, because u have an agenda or you wouldnt be postin this garbage.

Families should be left out the spotlight, i agree. Especially for immature comments on people's physical attributes.
But a possible future First Lady is as much a politician today as the candidate himself. The 'shove it' comment I think is relevant.
I don't think this one is, necessarily. It's old history. If she said it last night, then yes, it would be relevant.

Regarding the Bush/Clinton painting hanging: There's a time to act professional and respect a role, even if you don't respect the person himself. If I met a political personage I didn't agree with politically, or say I had to introduce them to a press event or something, I would treat them with respect due them as other humans, even though I might disagree 110% with their policies, opinions, and attitudes.

And hey, if you're going to say that, hold John Kerry to the same standard:
"In the Senate four years -- and that is the full extent of public life ' no international experience, no military experience, you can imagine what the advertising is going to be next year.... When I came back from Vietnam in 1969, I don't know if John Edwards was out of diapers then." --John Kerry, January 2004

"John Edwards is ready for this job. He is ready for this job." --John Kerry, this week, following the Edwards announcement

[quote name='dtcarson']Families should be left out the spotlight, i agree. Especially for immature comments on people's physical attributes.
But a possible future First Lady is as much a politician today as the candidate himself. The 'shove it' comment I think is relevant.
I don't think this one is, necessarily. It's old history. If she said it last night, then yes, it would be relevant.[/quote]

It was not at the DNC.

[quote name='Quackzilla'][quote name='dtcarson']Families should be left out the spotlight, i agree. Especially for immature comments on people's physical attributes.
I don't think this one is, necessarily. It's old history. If she said it last night, then yes, it would be relevant.[/quote]

It was not at the DNC.[/quote]

I know, that was a hypothetical 'if', not a 'I'm not sure' 'if.'

If no-one has a problem with Heinz saying "shove-it", then there should be nothing wrong about Schwarzenegger's "girly men" remark.

Fair is fair, right?

[quote name='BlueStorm781']If no-one has a problem with Heinz saying "shove-it", then there should be nothing wrong about Schwarzenegger's "girly men" remark.

Fair is fair, right?[/quote]

Girly men is austrian slang for "queer".
And he didn't say it to a reporter.

The reporter was being an ass so he was fair game.

[quote name='Elrod']Do me a favor and please put "Drudge Report" in the subject line of these posts. That way I will be able to avoid them all together. Drudge is as much of a reporter as Jon Stewart. Good on entertainment... bad as a source for actual information.

I like the fact that he has a "Reports are moved when circumstances warrant" tag line. All the news thats fit to print... until someone does some fact checking.

EDIT: Changed some words around. CAUSE: Accute lack of coffee.[/quote]

Jon Stewart isn't a bad source for your information. He just does it humorously. Don't take it all to heart, but he makes you think and calls everyone out when he needs to.

bread's done
Back