Beatmania Bundle at Target for $39.99 B&M temp price drop til 7/10

• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

#91 sarausagi

sarausagi

Concerto in Cute Major

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2006 - 08:53 PM

i bought a two copies of the bundle so that i would have an extra controller and so far the game is pretty tough, but playable. the tag on the shelf was the original price at the target i went to, but scanned the discounted price at register. the controller let's you flip the keys around so you can set it up easily to play doubles or left-handed, which was a nice little addition. 5-key mode seemed alot harder then the 7-key mode to me as well.

thanks op!

What I want to know, where in the world are you all putting the controller?

I tried a piano stand but it was too big. It doesn't work at all on the floor. I have been playing in my lap but I feel that it wobbles around and I feel the lack of response.

I just don't see where the placement of this controller fits in with a home theatre type room. I also don't have an arcade stick because I don't know WHERE TO PUT IT.

Do you all have some sort of special way of placing the keyboard?

Also, I'll add 5 key is just not natural to me, I think it's because I'm used to piano and octaves, so the 7 key mode makes more sense to me. I definitely am better at the more keyboard like songs, the hip hop ones where it's more scrtatching and little key presses every now and then I am HORRIBLE at

Favorite songs so far: 511, Toxic

#92 Lou-Dawg

Lou-Dawg

Backlogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2006 - 09:09 PM

What I want to know, where in the world are you all putting the controller?

I tried a piano stand but it was too big. It doesn't work at all on the floor. I have been playing in my lap but I feel that it wobbles around and I feel the lack of response.

I just don't see where the placement of this controller fits in with a home theatre type room. I also don't have an arcade stick because I don't know WHERE TO PUT IT.

Do you all have some sort of special way of placing the keyboard?

Also, I'll add 5 key is just not natural to me, I think it's because I'm used to piano and octaves, so the 7 key mode makes more sense to me. I definitely am better at the more keyboard like songs, the hip hop ones where it's more scrtatching and little key presses every now and then I am HORRIBLE at

Favorite songs so far: 511, Toxic

It works on the floor, but you have to sit cross legged to play. Personally I use my coffee table and sit on the floor. It works really well and you don't have to worry about it slipping when you have a bunch of scratches to hit.

LouTheVI.png

:robot:

#93 asianxcore

asianxcore

...to the moon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2006 - 08:00 AM

damn I suck at this game :). I'm still getting used to remembering what number line is what key.

it's really enjoyable so far and I'm determined to get better.

#94 Lou-Dawg

Lou-Dawg

Backlogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2006 - 10:35 PM

Can people confirm that the price at Target has gone back up?

LouTheVI.png

:robot:

#95 addicted2games

addicted2games

游戏玩家为生活 !!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2006 - 11:30 PM

I was just at the Ft Walton, FL Target yesterday and it was $39.99 and marked as such. So the price is still in effect at least at one of my Targets.

#96 peloquin17

peloquin17

ChuckSideMafia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2006 - 01:06 PM

i was in the target by me on monday. the price was $59.99
Posted Image
Posted Image

#97 grifta67

grifta67

:: kermit flail ::

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2006 - 02:13 PM

People should only be buying this for the controller. That way you can play the JPN iidx games.

Thats good in theory and all, but not all of us have the ability to play imports. Trust me, I'd love to import the "better" versions of beatmania, and some more versions of Taiko Drum Master, but I'm not going through all the hassle and cost of getting my ps2 to play imports.