Photo
- - - - -

The Circuit City Summer $8.96 Sale (YMMV, read first post for ALL the details)

• Please log in to reply
3223 replies to this topic

#1321 seanr1221

seanr1221

Posted 25 June 2006 - 12:46 AM

Just came back AGAIN, and for some reason they had Castlevania for xbox there...it must have came from the back, but I quick snatched it up!

I also snagged Karaoke Revolution...figured it be a fun party game.

seanr1221.png

#1322 newtype06

newtype06

Coordinator

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2006 - 12:49 AM

kaminari2, sent you a pm

#1323 Haggar

Haggar

Mayor of Metro City

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2006 - 12:49 AM

Thanks OP,

I went to the Eatontown NJ, Circuit City tonight and bought Hulk Ultimate Destruction (Xbox) and on a whim Driver Parallel Lines (Xbox). I almost re-bought Indigo Prophecy but decided against it. All the sale games were on the racks and already priced at $8.96.

While I was there, I saw two old, fat Greek guys with a Circuit City plastic cart (like the ones employees use to restock DVD's) in the Gameboy isle and they had at least 100-150 Gameboy games on the cart. They were giggling and consulting their list, and one of the guys had a handful of "$15 off $100 or more" coupons in his hand.

When I foolishly got too close to their nerd float (while looking for the Hulk Xbox game), the one guy shielded the cart from me and told the other guy to "watch these, don't let nobody take dem".

It was sad/funny.

#1324 MasterSun1

MasterSun1

Already Guilty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2006 - 01:02 AM

Final Fantasy Tactics Advance (GBA) rang up at $34.99 at the CC in Tigard, Oregon.

#1325 dafunkk12

dafunkk12

Coconut Monkey

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2006 - 01:02 AM

Okay, so say you don't want anything from my trade list.... How about just selling me a copy of Drill Dozer? $15 shipped sound alright? I've got direct transfer PayPal money.
Posted Image
|Inspection 12 -- The Best Band You'll Never Hear|
My Game Collection (not at all complete and hardly updated)

#1326 sterlingice

sterlingice

Former KS Deal Lackey

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2006 - 01:06 AM

Thanks much to the OP. On Friday evening, about 6pm, I went to the Overland Park or maybe it was Olathe (you know, Southwest Kansas City), KS CC- not the mall one at 95th and Quivira but the one down at 122nd and Metcalf. Bumped into a friendly CAG there who was looking for some of the more obscure stuff and having some luck. Always enjoyable to run into nice and friendly CAG.

As for the games there, I picked up the last copies of Metroid Prime Pinball (DS), Mario Golf (GBA), and Sword of Mana (GBA). I think they were the last ones, anyways- I only saw one copy of each. No more copies of FF1/2, Pokemon: Ruby or Saph, Meteos, Advance Wars, or Lunar ( :( ) to be had that I could see. I think there was a lone copy of Final Fantasy Tactics Advance. That's what I remember about the Nintendo handhelds and that's about all I was looking for.

I also picked up Warriors (XBX), Indigo Prophecy (XBX), and Wild Arms 4 (PS2) for a friend of mine. Didn't really notice much about the console games, tho I did see a copy of KOTOR 2 and no copies of the Halo triple pack. There were more copies of the Warriors but I don't remember if there were any more of Indigo Prophecy and I don't think there were any more Wild Arms but I could be wrong on all accounts.

Also, this was a location where FF4 for the GBA was ringing up at full price so no dice on that front :(

SI

#1327 Antiques Roadshow

Antiques Roadshow

Dick Tracy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2006 - 01:08 AM

I forgot to thank the Demolition Man.

Thanks for the secret cheap-ass wisdom, brother!

Krumm_walk.gifOblina_walk.gifIckus_walk.gif

I'm looking for SNES games. PM me.

#1328 TheCochese

TheCochese

I make things out of wood

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2006 - 01:09 AM

Thanks OP,

I went to the Eatontown NJ, Circuit City tonight and bought Hulk Ultimate Destruction (Xbox) and on a whim Driver Parallel Lines (Xbox). I almost re-bought Indigo Prophecy but decided against it. All the sale games were on the racks and already priced at $8.96.

While I was there, I saw two old, fat Greek guys with a Circuit City plastic cart (like the ones employees use to restock DVD's) in the Gameboy isle and they had at least 100-150 Gameboy games on the cart. They were giggling and consulting their list, and one of the guys had a handful of "$15 off $100 or more" coupons in his hand.

When I foolishly got too close to their nerd float (while looking for the Hulk Xbox game), the one guy shielded the cart from me and told the other guy to "watch these, don't let nobody take dem".

It was sad/funny.

You lose rep for not kicking over their cart and throwing glitter.

#1329 SithFran

SithFran

Baweep granaweep ninibong

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2006 - 01:12 AM

Anyone sell or trading a Mario vs Donkey Kong or a Phoenix Wright?

Uh... trick question... dcfox waxes and JFD hasn't sprouted nub fuzz yet.

#1330 RaPtOrsIII

RaPtOrsIII

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2006 - 01:19 AM

i concur
Posted Image

#1331 kell

kell

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2006 - 01:20 AM

Monkeys on the Loose = $8.96

#1332 super_nerd

super_nerd

Posted 25 June 2006 - 01:21 AM

It was sad/funny.

Here's what I would have done, punch them in the ovaries.

#1333 YoshiFan1

YoshiFan1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2006 - 01:23 AM

Do you mean Ape Escape On The Loose for the PSP?

#1334 Haggar

Haggar

Mayor of Metro City

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2006 - 01:24 AM

Sadly, I was all out of glitter. :( I live in an area with a high concentration of hoarders, and I need to buy my glitter in bulk.

#1335 sethvega

sethvega

Posted 25 June 2006 - 01:25 AM

Just got Metroid Zero Mission - last copy that was stickered for 29.99 but had the sales associate scan it and it was 8.96!

Store didn't have Castlevania for Xbox or PS2 so I'll try another store or 2 next week...

#1336 kell

kell

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2006 - 01:26 AM

Do you mean Ape Escape On The Loose for the PSP?

yep.

#1337 SithFran

SithFran

Baweep granaweep ninibong

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2006 - 01:28 AM

That should be our secret handshake. Everyone carry a bottle of glitter. When you see someone with a list, show them your glitter. If they do the same, they're CAG's. If not, dump it on them!

Uh... trick question... dcfox waxes and JFD hasn't sprouted nub fuzz yet.

#1338 RandomNPC

RandomNPC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2006 - 01:28 AM

I just got the last Incredible Hulk Ultimate Destruction and DOA Ultimate Collection from my CC. Thanks OP.

If anyones interested in DOA PM me.

#1339 io

io

Posted 25 June 2006 - 01:32 AM

CRAP!! And I was just at a CC that had a load of these. I've been waiting FOREVER for this to drop under $20 even - I'd snap it up at $9 in a second.

Is this a YMMV wrongly tagged thing, or did it actually ring up that way?

#1340 ajh2298

ajh2298

2009 Stanley Cup Champs

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2006 - 01:34 AM

I have all for X-Box:
Half-Life 2
Far Cry: Instincts
Sid Meier's Pirates
Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks
Gun
Indigo Prophecy
Karaoke Revolution Bundle
Halo Triple Pack

Looking for:
Paypal
DS Games(Do not have to be from the CC sale, any are fine they do not need to be sealed)
Family Guy Volume 2
Widescreen DVD's(again they do not need to be sealed)
X-Box 360 Games and Faceplates(I would trade multiple games for 360 games)
----------------------------------------------------------------------

#1341 MR.MYSTERY

MR.MYSTERY

Posted 25 June 2006 - 01:35 AM

I just went to my local CC and I asked the guy at the counter if they had the 8.96 sale and he said yes, but when I went to the games the I saw some games on the list but they were about 30 or 20. I guess I have to wait until the 4th of July:cry:

#1342 schultzed

schultzed

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2006 - 01:39 AM

I think that I would confront a serious hoarder if I saw him/her. It's one thing to grab an extra for trade (or even sale) but when you buy games by the 100 . . .

Those coming in from Saturday shopping, please CML for trades:
http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=95258

#1343 dafunkk12

dafunkk12

Coconut Monkey

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2006 - 01:42 AM

That should be our secret handshake. Everyone carry a bottle of glitter. When you see someone with a list, show them your glitter. If they do the same, they're CAG's. If not, dump it on them!

Sounds like a great (and completely reasonable) plan! (And I'm not even being sarcastic.) Of course, I just carry around a few CAG "business cards" in my wallet...
Posted Image
|Inspection 12 -- The Best Band You'll Never Hear|
My Game Collection (not at all complete and hardly updated)

#1344 kell

kell

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2006 - 01:42 AM

CRAP!! And I was just at a CC that had a load of these. I've been waiting FOREVER for this to drop under $20 even - I'd snap it up at $9 in a second.

Is this a YMMV wrongly tagged thing, or did it actually ring up that way?

Sorry, I know this means more trips. It scanned in at that amount. So it should be everywhere.

#1345 mj1108

mj1108

Ignore the screams

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2006 - 01:46 AM

Just a heads up....keep an eye out for any mismarked titles that aren't $8.96 but is marked it.

I went today to pick up Advance Wars for my brother and came across a copy of Wario Ware Twisted that had a $8.96 sticker on it. Got it up to the register and it rang up $19.99. They gave it to me for $8.96. Looks like they had tagged the wrong "Wario Ware".

#1346 DX

DX

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2006 - 01:46 AM

Damn, I'm late to this party....

Another summer CC sale, and once again I'm on vacation in NY while my usual goldmine CCs back in TX are probably being cleared out:cry:

Anyway, I hit the Middletown, NY CC today. They didn't have much of what I was looking for, but they still had a lot of titles available for anyone interested.

I did grab a Metroid Prime Pinball(DS) for trade if anyone is interested. I'm really only looking for Halo Triple Pack and KOTOR II right now.

Hey my Wal Mart work at has KOTOR 2 for $10 even.

Ill pick you up a copy if you want. Im also in Houston.(Northeast/Kingwood)

#1347 GrayWolf323

GrayWolf323

Trading Time Out (Rule Violation) Do not trade!

• Trading Timeout - Rule Violation

Posted 25 June 2006 - 01:48 AM

I couldn't find a copy of Radiata Stories

am willing to trade for one, I have an extra Advance Wars and can get another of a few games

so far I've gotten Half Life 2, Halo Triple Pack, Indigo Prophecy, Sid Meiers Pirates, Splinter Cell Chaos Theory, Advance Wars DS, SSX On Tour (PS2), Wild Arms 4, and Xenosaga II

I just need KOTOR II and Radiata Stories

#1348 seanr1221

seanr1221

Posted 25 June 2006 - 01:48 AM

Just a heads up....keep an eye out for any mismarked titles that aren't $8.96 but is marked it.

I went today to pick up Advance Wars for my brother and came across a copy of Wario Ware Twisted that had a $8.96 sticker on it. Got it up to the register and it rang up $19.99. They gave it to me for $8.96. Looks like they had tagged the wrong "Wario Ware".

Good call. I'll have to keep an eye out for that.

And Mr. Mystery, do you mean the outside of the cases were marked 20.00-30.00? If so they should still ring up 8.96 ;)

seanr1221.png

#1349 yuy104

yuy104

The future is blu

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2006 - 01:49 AM

I just went to my local CC and I asked the guy at the counter if they had the 8.96 sale and he said yes, but when I went to the games the I saw some games on the list but they were about 30 or 20. I guess I have to wait until the 4th of July:cry:

um.... the price is already 8.96 in the computer... just ask them to scan it.
you better hope those games are still there tomorrow

edit: oops, 1 step too late ;)

#1350 mj1108

mj1108

Ignore the screams

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2006 - 01:50 AM

Even if they have another sticker on them, they are coming up $8.96. The 2 copies of AW I got were both marked $34.99 each but came up $8.96 each.