Photo
- - - - -

Offtopic: What the heck is there to do for fun in the Bay Area?

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 vietgurl

vietgurl

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2006 - 04:50 AM

Okay, my friends and I have been really bored for the last few days. We sometimes go to Blakes on Telegraph (since we all live in Berkeley) but that's starting to get old. Radiohead is playing at the Greek Theatre tonight but we found out too late. We thought about going to clubs in SF but scrapped that idea. So...what is there left to do beside movies? Anyone know of any good pool halls that allow 18+ to enter? (I'm only familiar with the ones in San Diego, lol) Is there ANYTHING fun (for non tourists) to do around here?

Oh yeah, I'm the only person out of my friends that plays games, lol. Darn...
Posted Image

#2 dude2003

dude2003

CAGiversary! x 10

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2006 - 04:56 AM

Okay, my friends and I have been really bored for the last few days. We sometimes go to Blakes on Telegraph (since we all live in Berkeley) but that's starting to get old. Radiohead is playing at the Greek Theatre tonight but we found out too late. We thought about going to clubs in SF but scrapped that idea. So...what is there left to do beside movies? Anyone know of any good pool halls that allow 18+ to enter? (I'm only familiar with the ones in San Diego, lol) Is there ANYTHING fun (for non tourists) to do around here?

Oh yeah, I'm the only person out of my friends that plays games, lol. Darn...

there is a bowling/pool hall in el cerito but i forgot the name of it. if you play badminton you can go to the new place in fremont. it's off of auto mall parkway (go to the fremont circuit city and go straight instead of turning into circuit city). i'll be going there to play tomorrow night. you can also go to the arcades. my cousin says the chuck e chese in san jose has quarter arcades and they have all the old school games like street fighter 2. i'm not sure if the ice skating rink closed down or not but i used to go to ice skating in albany (that was at least 10 years ago maybe more so i don't know if they are closed). there are always bars and lounge out in the city. my friend said there's a bar called the V Bar in san jose that's really good (there's a dress code). there are plenty stuff to do but i guess you have to find it. also, www.citysearch.com is really helpful if you want to look for stuff to do.

#3 Rusty Ghia

Rusty Ghia

Posted 25 June 2006 - 05:05 AM

I wouldn't know, I never go out. Too much of a cheap ass, and a homebody.
"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Bixby Snyder

#4 CounterSeal

CounterSeal

Seize the day.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2006 - 06:37 AM

One word.

Airsoft.
"Roses are red, Violets are blue. All my base, are belong to you."
http://counterseal.deviantart.com
Posted Image
Posted Image

#5 vietgurl

vietgurl

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2006 - 09:03 AM

there is a bowling/pool hall in el cerito but i forgot the name of it. if you play badminton you can go to the new place in fremont. it's off of auto mall parkway (go to the fremont circuit city and go straight instead of turning into circuit city). i'll be going there to play tomorrow night. you can also go to the arcades. my cousin says the chuck e chese in san jose has quarter arcades and they have all the old school games like street fighter 2. i'm not sure if the ice skating rink closed down or not but i used to go to ice skating in albany (that was at least 10 years ago maybe more so i don't know if they are closed). there are always bars and lounge out in the city. my friend said there's a bar called the V Bar in san jose that's really good (there's a dress code). there are plenty stuff to do but i guess you have to find it. also, www.citysearch.com is really helpful if you want to look for stuff to do.

Sweet, thanks. I didn't even know there was a bowling alley around here.
Posted Image

#6 klyco

klyco

The Wii is for Mii

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2006 - 09:26 AM

One word.

Airsoft.

Airsoft guns rock.
Help me buy a camera by donating a buck or two.
Paypal account name:PM for account name

Posted ImagePosted Image

#7 dude2003

dude2003

CAGiversary! x 10

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2006 - 10:29 AM

Sweet, thanks. I didn't even know there was a bowling alley around here.

were you able to find it? if you did find it what was the name of it cuz i forgot

edit: nevermind. i found it. it's called albany bowl in albany on san pablo ave.

#8 depascal22

depascal22

Daddy Fat Sacks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2006 - 05:17 PM

What about the Albabtross on San Pablo? I believe that might be considered a bar and 21+ though. It was a blast when I was in town for the USC-Cal game last year. There's pool tables, dart boards, and there are alot of people playing checkers, chess, connect 4, and many other board games.

Watch out about Albany Bowl. Alot of wanna be thugs go there. Those same people would never venture into Oakland or Richmond but they love to pretend they're hard at the good ole Albany Bowl.

#9 topnotch97

topnotch97

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2006 - 11:58 PM

oh yeah, where to go to play airsoft? especially for beginners.

#10 coltyhuxx

coltyhuxx

NoOtherValDudeCanTouchMe

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2006 - 12:06 AM

Our friends band, and long time band compatriots, Big City Rock is playing @ Cafe Du Nord on Monday Jul 3 (plug ;) )... they kick ass. ... pop rock with lots of keys.

http://profile.myspa...riendID=3148303

they just got signed to Atlantic.. Check out the song "Humans" on myspace.. it's fairly indicative of their sound. Most of my friends (that don't even like pop) really like them if they give 'em a chance. i'll be there fo' sho.

2006-07-03w/ NEED TO BREATHECafe Du NordSan Francisco, CA

Maybe it's a little played out but we have the Santa Cruz Boardwalk down here in, duh, Santa Cruz. It's actually pretty fun and it's on the water... and it has one of the bigger arcades in the country.

#11 Mospeada_21

Mospeada_21

Zombie Hunter \\*//

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2006 - 05:08 AM

for the adventurous: try Power Exchange on Otis in SF.

for the speed freak: try GoKart Racer in Burlingame.
Now Playing in HD, Progressive Scan, Widescreen, 5.1 DPLII & Dolby Digital, and online or LAN whenever possible.

#12 Xevious

Xevious

Most Damned CAG Evar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2006 - 05:48 AM

Judging by your post, you must be under 21.....

Damn you xevious...

Damn you Xevious... damn you to hell.....

Damn you Xevious be quiet.

So you know EBM? Damn you Xevious...

#13 dracula

dracula

i'll buy that for a dolla

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2006 - 05:55 PM

why dont you want to go clubbing? frisco is an excellent town for that
"If it ain't fifty cents then I dont want it."

http://www.cheapassg...171#post1074171

Posted Image

#14 Xevious

Xevious

Most Damned CAG Evar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2006 - 07:13 PM

why dont you want to go clubbing? frisco is an excellent town for that

It is but you have to be 21 or over. Thats why I thought the OP was under 21...

#15 Xevious

Xevious

Most Damned CAG Evar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2006 - 07:17 PM

for the adventurous: try Power Exchange on Otis in SF.

Do you go there? You should tell us some stories. Are only leather whips used or are there metal chains-on-skin-contact.... :D

Damn you xevious...

Damn you Xevious... damn you to hell.....

Damn you Xevious be quiet.

So you know EBM? Damn you Xevious...

#16 vietgurl

vietgurl

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2006 - 06:17 AM

Judging by your post, you must be under 21.....

yeah...only 5 months and 4 days left to go!
Posted Image

#17 io

io

Posted 01 July 2006 - 07:51 AM

were you able to find it? if you did find it what was the name of it cuz i forgot

edit: nevermind. i found it. it's called albany bowl in albany on san pablo ave.

Wow, I used to go there with my Dad when I was a kid. We're talking mid-1970's here :rofl:. It is still there? I remember when they put that newfangled eeeelectronic scoring in.

As for fun, Vietgurl... Well, I grew up in Berkeley AND went to Cal. But I moved from there after I graduated. In high school we'd go to concerts, hang out at the ice cream parlor on Shattuck (I want to say Fenton's but I could be wrong). In college, when I wasn't studying (I was in EECS) my freshman year all my dorm mates got drunk and/or stoned just about every night (they were undeclared majors obviously :D). I would join them when I could on the drunk part. I was in the Clark Kerr dorm (the one that used to be the California School for the Deaf, but it was proven to not be Earthquake safe so they let college kids live there instead :D). Funny thing about that was that I could walk from the dorm to my Dad's place (part of my deal for staying home for College and thus having a cheap education, as Cal WAS actually cheap then, was that I got to stay in the dorm). Later I was in a fraternity, where the amount of drunkenness was actually much less than in the dorms, if you can believe that. Then I got a steady girlfriend and that put an end to my fun. I kid, I kid...

#18 Sleepkyng

Sleepkyng

doesn't even exist anymor

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2006 - 09:21 AM

but you're a girl - 16+ is usually fine to get into clubs

take a day trip to Big Sur (one of the most beautiful places on earth).

#19 io

io

Posted 01 July 2006 - 09:25 AM

but you're a girl - 16+ is usually fine to get into clubs

take a day trip to Big Sur (one of the most beautiful places on earth).

Most definitely, but it didn't seem like she was looking for that sort of thing (more like nightlife). But if she is, there are all sorts of places to go. Mt Tam/Stinson Beach was a favorite when I was a kid - but being from San Diego she might not be too impressed with the beach in any case :D. Living in Berkeley that was really the best place to go do the beach thing, though it takes some time to get there.

Also, Muir Woods - gotta go there at least once. All of these things are in the same direction (NW).