I'm at Brown.:)

Wow, you got into Brown?:hot:

Lucky :cry:

#32 ScottieBaio

ScottieBaio

Posted 08 January 2007 - 03:38 PM

Anyhow... where are the Wii's in RI@?!
This is getting sad.

BTW. i worked at a bar just down the hill from brown. Cafe L'elizabeth. never go. the owner is the biggest POS i've ever met and its mad over priced. I also suspect that the liquors are watered down (his other bar had watered down vodka)

#33 Ph8te

Ph8te

Posted 12 January 2007 - 08:16 AM

<-------Providence\North Providence here......

#34 Ph8te

Ph8te

Posted 12 January 2007 - 08:17 AM

Yes, they were.

They trandformed my friend. -_-

I hope so most of the ones in RI the people are like this

#35 hootie

hootie

Posted 12 January 2007 - 07:29 PM

<-------Providence\North Providence here......

Do you go to NPHS?

#36 Ph8te

Ph8te

Posted 12 January 2007 - 09:36 PM

Do you go to NPHS?

No I am "beyond"(hey you made me feel young LOL!!!) HS lol!!!! Came to RI to go to JWU ended up graduating from NETECH........

#37 looploop

looploop

Camera-shy Supernova

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2007 - 09:56 PM

Anyhow... where are the Wii's in RI@?!
This is getting sad.

BTW. i worked at a bar just down the hill from brown. Cafe L'elizabeth. never go. the owner is the biggest POS i've ever met and its mad over priced. I also suspect that the liquors are watered down (his other bar had watered down vodka)

Thanks for the heads-up. I reach drinking age next month. It's always good to know where NOT to go.:lol:

「Im Himmel fehlen alle interessanten Leute.

Posted Image

#38 ScottieBaio

ScottieBaio

Posted 12 February 2007 - 02:52 PM

anyone get a wii yesterday/they still available anywhere?

#39 McAck

McAck

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2007 - 07:28 PM

helloooo..I work in Providence :)

#40 Exedor

Exedor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2007 - 04:17 AM

Any good deals spotted near wakefield?

Or Newport, I go there a lot now too.

#41 WebScud

WebScud

Posted 16 June 2007 - 12:02 PM

Any good deals spotted near wakefield?

Or Newport, I go there a lot now too.

I lived in Wakfield last spring/summer and it was dead for deals. If you want anything remotely close you have to go to Warwick. There's also a 24 hour Super Wal-Mart by the CT border (the name of the city escapes me), but either way you are driving 30 minutes. (Which is nothing, but some of you native-born RI'ers can bitch about a car ride. Hooo-lee crap.)

I find most of my deals in North Attleboro.

#42 Ebraum

Ebraum

Captain Hwdy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2007 - 02:43 PM

I grew up in Warwick, moved in 82", but now live in Charlotte, NC .
There is no Gravity.......The World Just Sucks.
My CheapAss Game list
http://users.ign.com/collection/Ebraum

Posted Image

#43 Trikip

Trikip

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2007 - 10:33 PM

Where exactly in Warwick, Webscud? I go there kind of often. Any good pawn/thrift stores?

And does anyone know of any good used game stores in Providence or something? Preferably with old games like NES or SNES.

#44 WebScud

WebScud

Posted 25 June 2007 - 12:01 AM

All down RI-2/Bald Hill Road (same road depending on what sign you're looking at). Starting at the Wariwick Mall and heading all the way down to Showcase Cinemas Warwick there are four GameStops/EBs, two FYEs, Best Buy, Wal-Mart, Target and Newbury Comics off the top of my head.

I don't know of any pawn/thrift shops.

If you head the other way from the Warwick Mall you wind up at Circuit City in Cranston and a semi high-scale shopping center, Something Gardens. I don't think there's any game/geek shopping there.

North Attleboro and Taunton are good stops too, depending on where you're coming from.

#45 Trikip

Trikip

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2007 - 12:13 AM

Thanks for all that info. By any chance do you know if any of the GS/EBs sell old games? Most don't but I heard some places do.

#46 WebScud

WebScud

Posted 25 June 2007 - 12:40 AM

I don't remember to be honest, but if I had to guess I'd say "don't waste your gas."

#47 Trikip

Trikip

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2007 - 12:57 AM

I could always call. I think I will. I'm just trying to hunt down some old games in little old RI. I'm gonna try a Salvation Army.

#48 davo1224

davo1224

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2007 - 07:36 AM

I cleaned out the Gamecrazy in Pawtucket luckily right before they stopped trade-ins on classic plastic.

Gamecrazy Pawtucket - Thumbs Up. I had some good buys there and while the staff does nothing, atleast they're harmless.

EBGames Seekonk - Except for this one nice chick that works there, I'd avoid. Usually have the same crap all the time and it's not like the employees will keep you coming.

Gamestop S. Attleboro near Old Navy - This store is polar opposites. There's one guy with glasses and a really short guy who are really cool and then there's this fat emo kid and someone named Kyle that's majorly high strung off PCP or some shit. I'd imagine he's the manager because he's really desperate for sales anytime I go in. They sometimes have good shit though so I visit. If not, strongly avoid unless it's early morning or late night.

Gamestop Em. Square 1st Floor - Probably the best store in the area. Ron is the typical preorder/Edge Card nagger but he's the only one I can respect. He's not intrusive about it and he doesn't give you scratched up shit because he was too busy talking about preordering Halo 3. This girl who works there is very cool shit too. The other employees aren't great but they aren't harmless either. Living bodies that ring you up more or less.

Gamestop Em. Square 2nd Floor - Great set of workers but it's just there. They're a small store so they don't have a lot of stock it seems and it's usually same old shit.

#49 WebScud

WebScud

Posted 25 June 2007 - 01:22 PM

Gamecrazy Pawtucket - Thumbs Up. I had some good buys there and while the staff does nothing, atleast they're harmless.

Oooh, I forgot about those. There's also one by the airport and one in Providence. Sadly, the company lost me as a customer...

GameCrazy in Pawtucket: One time I tried to buy a copy of Digital Devil Saga 2 ( I believe -- it was some uncommon RPG. Anyway...). They had two copies, both marked for $17.99. I brought one copy along with MGS2: Substance ($7.99) to the counter. The RPG rang up for $39.99 and MGS2 rang up for $8.99. The guy refused to give me the RPG for the marked price even though both copies were on the floor that way. He pulled the other copy as soon as I pointed it out to him so he could retag it. And then the guy has the balls to say "a dollar is not that big of a deal, do you mind?" Do I fucking mind? It was ridiculous. It may have only been a dollar, but to ask your customer that?

I walked out with nothing. I use to go by there after every PawSox game -- not anymore.

#50 davo1224

davo1224

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2007 - 02:41 PM

I haven't been in there too often. I've only seen the Asian kid and this white guy with really pronounced veins. They were cool. I didn't have enough money on me so they held like six N64 games while I went home. They could have easily just taken them.

#51 WebScud

WebScud

Posted 25 June 2007 - 04:21 PM

I haven't been in there too often. I've only seen the Asian kid and this white guy with really pronounced veins. They were cool. I didn't have enough money on me so they held like six N64 games while I went home. They could have easily just taken them.

That's cool. I figure the good experiences far outweigh the bad ones, otherwise they wouldn't be in business. Prior to that whole fiasco I never had poor or stellar service there. The associates kept to themselves and never forced preorders or MVP memberships down my throat.

#52 Dead of Knight

Dead of Knight

Posted 25 June 2007 - 04:37 PM

I used to work at the Emerald Square Mall GS on the second floor once upon a time. The one big guy there, Rob, has worked there at least since I was in sixth grade. I'm now a junior in college. He's a great guy, though quiet. I wish he would find another job though, I kind of feel bad for him. :lol:
RIP Hiroshi Yamauchi

This is the greatest thing ever. Certainly in the OTT at least.

#53 Trikip

Trikip

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2007 - 06:10 PM

EBGames Seekonk - Except for this one nice chick that works there, I'd avoid. Usually have the same crap all the time and it's not like the employees will keep you coming.

Actually it's a GameStop. Unless you're talking about the EB Games at the Swansea Mall...?

I really need a good spot for old games like NES and SNES somewhere in Rhode Island. I can't find anywhere. Does anyone know of any good places?

#54 davo1224

davo1224

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2007 - 07:11 PM

I call them all Gamestops nowadays so I don't know why I called that one EBGames. I'm talking about the one in the Target and Best Buy plaza in Seekonk.

#55 GamerFreak

GamerFreak

Posted 07 July 2007 - 12:01 AM

I cleaned out the Gamecrazy in Pawtucket luckily right before they stopped trade-ins on classic plastic.

Gamestop S. Attleboro near Old Navy - This store is polar opposites. There's one guy with glasses and a really short guy who are really cool and then there's this fat emo kid and someone named Kyle that's majorly high strung off PCP or some shit. I'd imagine he's the manager because he's really desperate for sales anytime I go in. They sometimes have good shit though so I visit. If not, strongly avoid unless it's early morning or late night.

Gamestop Em. Square 1st Floor - Probably the best store in the area. Ron is the typical preorder/Edge Card nagger but he's the only one I can respect. He's not intrusive about it and he doesn't give you scratched up shit because he was too busy talking about preordering Halo 3. This girl who works there is very cool shit too. The other employees aren't great but they aren't harmless either. Living bodies that ring you up more or less.

Gamestop Em. Square 2nd Floor - Great set of workers but it's just there. They're a small store so they don't have a lot of stock it seems and it's usually same old shit.

Yeah, it is all about the 1st Floor GS. I totaly hear ya about Ron, he def knows what he's talking about. That chick is Tara, she's pretty cool. Mike is awesome (the bigger Mike, there's a smaller one too, but I think everyone calls him Marty for some reason), he really knows his shit. Sergio I see every once in a while, but he's been working there for like ten years. He is absolutly nuts! He doesn't know a whole lot about a lot of the games, but knows EVERYTHING about the consoles themselves (like, who makes the chips, what speed they are, what they do well, what they suck at, how many chineese kids die making it, kinda creepy actually). Then there's this big dude, don't know his name, maybe Fred, and some filler guys, but that is definitly the place to go. They get my highest game store rating.

#56 Trikip

Trikip

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2007 - 01:59 AM

We can't let this thread die! =]

So does that GameCrazy in Pawtucket still have classic games? If they do, do they have a nice selection of SNES games?

#57 davo1224

davo1224

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2007 - 01:53 AM

No their classic stuff is all but dead now which is a shame. People kept trading/buying classic games there all the time.

#58 Trikip

Trikip

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2007 - 02:10 AM

Aw that sucks. At least there's a Play N Trade coming to RI. That's what it says on their site. Doesn't say a city though. I hear they have classic games.

#59 homeland

homeland

woman wooh man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2007 - 09:15 AM

hey fellow rhody's. just saw this thread. I'm in Middletown. They just opened another gamestop in newport!!. Its in the same plaza as walmart/stop&shop.. So that gives the island 2 video game stores! (besides walmart and fyi)

#60 hootie

hootie

Posted 06 August 2007 - 02:21 PM

I doubt this will get anywhere....but has anyone seen Glory Days 2 for the DS at any stores around here? I think it came out 7/31 but many people can't find it yet.