Any Rhode Islanders here?

• Please log in to reply
243 replies to this topic

#241 Dokstarr

Dokstarr

Tap, Snap or Nap

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2012 - 11:39 PM

They're in the process of moving to a new location. You can read about it on their Facebook page.

I'm guessing they are pretty much closed up and done. Between the super high rent on Rt 2 and the competition of 2 GameStops, 2 Targets, Walmart, Best Buy, Newbury Comics, and that comic place in the Warwick Mall they had pretty much no chance.

The place had a cool look but I don't think they went the right direction. It just felt like a Gamestop with some other random odds and ends. Whenever I went in there all the TVs were all off and everything put away. I wish there was a store that also doubled as an arcade. Charge an hourly fee or something to play all the consoles and have a few arcade games or something in there. I know there won't be a new Tokyo Game Action or Funspot suddenly around, but something else has to make me want to go to a place. A game store is just a store to me, and if they don't have something to make me want to specifically go there then I will hit up all the other places that are around that charge the exact same price or get it for cheaper online.

#242 Rei no Otaku

Rei no Otaku

Rei's love

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 August 2012 - 12:36 AM

Their trade-in values were slightly higher than everyone else, but there was really no other reason to ever go there. Also they did a terrible job having games in stock. There were a number of times I went there to buy something that had just come out only to find out they only got like 1 copy and it was gone. Their used selection was just plain awful. I had a B1G1 used coupon for months but could find absolutely nothing to get with it.

Rei_no_Otaku.png

#243 davo1224

davo1224

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2012 - 02:44 PM

I kinda miss Gamecrazy a little bit. They started to suck at the end with getting rid of all their last gen stuff, but I always got a few things there.

#244 Azarius

Azarius

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2012 - 05:31 PM

i did alot of business through gamecrazy, it was nice having more options