The winner is....

joshingit

CAGiversary!
Feedback
246 (100%)
Congratulations 6669!

Prize:

Your choice of a brand new (in-print) game from anyone of the systems listed below:
  • :gba:
  • :ds:
  • :gc:
  • :pc:
  • :xbox:
  • :360:
  • or Marketplace Points
Who can Enter?:
  • Moderators, even Wombat and CheapyD are eligible.
  • Participants must have a six month mininum tenture on CAG as of 06 July 2006.
  • Participants must be an ACTIVE poster in at least one of the forums - whether it be in Trading, or the OTT etc.
  • Participants must be in good standing with the CAG community and remain [in] for the duration of the contest. Meaning, if you're banned for x reason (including temporary bans) you'll be disqualified.
The Rules:
  • Make sure you meet the eligibilty criteria by reading; 'Who can Enter?'.
  • One Entry per person, however modification to the original post are allowed.
  • Originality is really what makes this a contest, so no plagiarizing.
Who can be Entered?:
  • Any CAG. [preferably an active member, but not mandatory]
When does it End?:
  • 17 August 2006 - Midnight EST
The Contest:

It's really quite simple; just name the CAG; you think (for better or for worse) makes CAG, CAG and why.

I'm looking mainly for originality. It can be painfully honest, warped, creative, all ass kiss, sappy, witty, self-deprecating, or down right stupid. However, defamatory statements - flaming regarding another CAGs entry will result in DISQUALIFICATION.

Thanks for checking out my contest and good-luck! :D

Demolition Man makes CAG a better site because of his useful info that he posts about Circuit City video game deals. Also, he provides a great deal of info about TNA in the wrestling threads.

I'll say sublymnlcrymnl because I just checked and he has more posts than any other CAGer (22,222 as of this post). That's gotta be something.

I honestly think that OneTrackMind is one of my best friends on the board and a great contributor to the forums in general. He's funny, smart, and he's a great guy if you ever talk to him.

The only thing that surpasses his humor is his skills with graphics and Photoshop. Nowadays you can't seem to enter a thread where someone doesn't have a sig made by him or any sort of graphic in one form or the other. His free sig shop service (which, unfortunately, seems to have died with no signs of resurrection) spewed out dozens of quality sigs that everyone enjoyed to use. His popularity never got the best of him, and he gave any credit where it was due.

I wish he was more active on the forums and on AIM, but sadly his job seems to take up a lot of his time.

Godspeed to him.

speedy1961 because he's always on the hammer with providing us great early heads up on upcoming deals at some major providers and has saved many a CAG some $$$.

i guess i will say Soodmeg since he was the first to mention the idea of GLITTER-The Ultimate Payback. and since then its become a part of the Magazine Rack legend

The Successful dropout

Was a great poster while he was here, as well as a great trader. Now he is rarely seen on CAG, but is auctioning away all of his stuff. So all the great deals he got back from CAG he is now giving back to the "new" CAG community.

2nd pick- joshingit. People like you giving away a game, is great for the community.

GuilewasNK.

This gentleman treats everyone with fairness, respect, and is willing to be friends with anyone here. He has a wide array of interests, is funny, creates entertaining threads, is very helpful to the CAG community, makes nice sigs, and without ever meeting him, I can truly say that he is one hell of a guy. GuilewasNK is what every CAG should hope to be and is a great example of an all-around good human-being.

Joevan.

One of the absolute best Sellers/Buyers/Traders on CAG today. Without Joe and his 122 iTrader Feedback ( and counting ) a lot of use wouldn't have got so many great deals from him.

Recently he sold me Hitman: Blood Money 360 and Table Tennis 360 ( New ) for 70.00 Shipped. I would have bought these games either way and would have spent 100.00 plus tax on the 2 but with his great deals I saved myself $36.50. He opens himself up as being a True member of CAG. Not only looking for cheap deals himself but hooking us up with great deals from his Tradelist.

Also, Joevan is a stand up guy. He's is always nice and polite. Mostly a laugh riot, his funny posts amuse us while being serious when needed.

Joevan = CAG at heart

epobirs

Almost every post he makes is very informative and helpful. He is also one of the few people here who really knows and understands a lot about the technical side of video games and the industry in general. Usually after reading one of his posts I get the feeling that I actually learned something new, can't say that about most posters.

speedy1961 simply because he posts the ads very early and I can always plan my purchases ahead without having to waste time going store to store to see who has the best deals. He also seems like a very good and helpful guy in general.

Oh lets see..
I'm gonna go with WSB and his evil clones. We are greeted by his smiling rendition of our lord and master everytime we logon to CAG. Keeps the OTT interesting, and has a wicked sense of humor.

Although he's a total dick, I don't think CAG would be the same without JimmieMac.

His bitingly sarcastic insults and remarks certainly get a reaction out of almost anyone, and he's a personality that really stands out. He's a mainstay of the forums that's been around for a while and therefore has some seniority. Furthermore, he makes for an excellent villain for us all to love to hate, with his painfully true (and clever) remarks, he certainly adds some well-needed liveliness to this place.

javeryh

day85vz.jpg

[quote name='Moxio']I honestly think that OneTrackMind is one of my best friends on the board and a great contributor to the forums in general. He's funny, smart, and he's a great guy if you ever talk to him.

The only thing that surpasses his humor is his skills with graphics and Photoshop. Nowadays you can't seem to enter a thread where someone doesn't have a sig made by him or any sort of graphic in one form or the other. His free sig shop service (which, unfortunately, seems to have died with no signs of resurrection) spewed out dozens of quality sigs that everyone enjoyed to use. His popularity never got the best of him, and he gave any credit where it was due.

I wish he was more active on the forums and on AIM, but sadly his job seems to take up a lot of his time.

Godspeed to him.[/QUOTE]

i second OTM...He did three great sigs for me...the only one i think who can compare to his skills is Banshee350 who did one for me recently. its a shame to not seem hjm on the boards more often.

benboxer. He posts TRU price drops. TRU drops are good indicators of Universal drops, so I can trade in games before they drop everywhere else.

Shrike all the way!

Because CAG trading is a big reason why I love CAG and why CAG is better than a lot of other forums. Keeping your trades safe and making sure both parties get their items, someone has to do the dirty job of dealing with any problems, and Shrike has taken that on. He keeps all trades in order, deals with problems, and does his best to control situations that aware, and hes done an awesome job! Without him, trading at CAG just wouldn't be safe and would be risky, and because he continues to do the job, I continue to trade. Keep it up Shrike :D

I think I'd also have to say Speedy1961. Its great having the ads sometimes over a week in advance cause it lets you plan your purchases far in advance.

i pick reality's fringe b/c his posts and sigs always make me laugh. whenever i'm in the office, i'm always logged onto CAG b/c it keeps me entertained. buying games for cheap is just a bonus for me LOL! :)

Tough question. If we're talking about the CAG community, I'd have to say SneakyPenguin. He was one of the CAGs to start up the irreverent OTTs when I joined up. Also he was the first to come to mind. =/

Cheapy may have had the vision, but Defender was for a long time the Atlas upon whos shoulders CAG rested. Atleast, I think. :whistle2:k Eitherway, he's done a lot for us behind the scenes and never really gets thanks.

Actually, I don't think you can make the claim that any one person makes CAG. We're a community and everyone of us helps make CAG what it is. Whether you're a midwest Asian pimp, an east coast pants-shitter, a moody former moderator living in WA or even a crustacean looking for massive damage- we all are just one brick in the home of cheap videogame deals ...and love. Hot sweat man on man nerd love.

[quote name='Oktoberfest']CheapyD because without him the site wouldn't exist ya![/QUOTE]

i think he needs more then a free game now that sorth korea is shooting missles at him : )

[quote name='slidecage']i think he needs more then a free game now that sorth korea is shooting missles at him : )[/quote]

I'd like to ammend my last post. Everyone makes CAG CAG except for slidecage. :lol:

[quote name='slidecage']i think he needs more then a free game now that sorth korea is shooting missles at him : )[/QUOTE]

Actually, I believe they are trying to shoot missiles OVER him.

Ha ha....sorth...

EDIT: Oh yeah, I vote Shrike. Seems like he tries to do the right thing, which is nice to see on teh internetz.

I agree with what Kayden said. CAG is made up of contributors. I love the CAGs that won't pay anything over $10 for a game. I also love the often humorous, and sarcastic commentaries.

Strell

He showcases the cheapassness need to be a member of the site, and he showcases the humor of the site. sure there are tons of cheap game sites out there, but I came back to this one because of the attitude. We can take shots at ourselves, we aren't uptight, we know we are cheap and embrace it and I think Strell sums this up well.

Plus anyone that can photoshop in a image of a large crab into any picture is awesome in my book.

benboxer

He embodies what i think of when i think of CAG (and I don't even really know much about him). He gets my vote because he reliably and diligently posted TRU markdowns week after week, even though most of the time they weren't anything special. People would come into the threads and say "These deals suck, but thanks anyway.", and while this was often true, he would post them in hopes that somebody, somewhere could find use in them.

...and then, he got his big break. The December 2005 TRU sale rocked the foundations of CAG with its quality, but it was just benboxer doing what he always did. He kept everyone updated, he answered questions when asked, and he didn't get an ego about posting the sale. After the dust had settled, there was benboxer, continuing to reliably post TRU pricedrops even when they weren't anything special.

I can't recall any posts of his other than the TRU posts, but that's enough to get my nomination. Without dedicated people like benboxer, CAG wouldn't run the way it does. I applaud you for sticking with it even when the deals weren't great, and I'm glad that you eventually got a megaton to post. You deserved it.

Anybody can get lucky and stumble upon a megadeal, but it makes me smile when the hardworkers get the credit they deserve.

Scorch. Even though I want to reach through my monitor and strangle him sometimes, I don't think the forums would be the same without his pointing out of reposts. Plus, he has a verb named after him, so he is practically royalty here.

wlau.

Yes I know this is my second one but wlau is great to the CAG community.
He was the one who found the CC 8.96 deal. Everyone thinks it was Demo Man but it wasn't. Wlau has found us many great deals.

8.96 CC Deals
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97189

.99 Rugby 06
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85374

.98 Compusa DS Deals
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99157

Also a ton more great deals. Without him CAG wouldn't be what it is. Thanks for everyting wlau!

I have to nominate Strell as well. (hey, rhymin and stylin...). He's an outstanding trader (I've had at least three trades with him, and he's thrown in extra stuff too, something I hope to pay him back for). He's a very funny guy. He's so anal about his setup that I have to applaud him for his style and neatness.

I also love the fact that giant enemy crabs are always a threat.

Honorable mentions go to Admiral Ackbar, for his classic 'It's a Trap' posts, and slidecage for not paying close enough attention to the news and blaming missle launches on the wrong country.

CheapyD cause he is just a laid back guy who made a site thinking it wouldnt be big then it got big and he said "wow man"

speedy1961, not just for his quick ad posts, but also his continuing diligence in keeping those things updated and responding to questions. Really goes out of his way to make sure everyone knows exactly what's in the ads. Very helpful and appreciated.

javeryh, because the info he posted about taking a shit has really helped me clear my bowels properly nowadays...

My vote goes to Speed Racer, for providing awesome quality printouts at a really good price. Anyone interested in the covers from the GBA/N64/PS1 cover projects would be doing themselves a favor to get them from Speed Racer :)

Deal poster: this changes a lot but right now my CAG hero has to be Demolition Man for getting us dibs on the Circuit City sale weeks before it officially started. That was some great work and easily my favorite sale this year so far.

as far as forum posters go, I can't begin to make that call, because there are a lot of good posters on this site! so yeah, everyone gets a cookie...even slidecage for cracking me up. Special props to the fighter thread!

My vote is for Botticus...Even though he is the biggest Nintendo Fanboy, he discusses all other platforms with objectivity and intelligence...something sincerely lacking on 'teh internet'.

My second vote is for Mrs. Shipwreck, who without her advice I could not have gotten Mrs. Number83 to even pick up my DS Lite...Now if she (Mrs. Number83) would only pick up my Wii (Zing!)!

Linkin Prime

Linkin is the heart behind the Xbox 360 forum. He makes sure his fellow CAGs are always informed of latest news concerning the next box. For that, I commend him.

I'm sorry, but I just can't name one. There are too many of us the make CAG what it is.
Cag is just awesome, this site helps us save money on our hobbie, and in general it is a great site to come to on the internet, for crazy off topic disscusions, games(IMO the best place to trade your games), movies, quests for 360's, taking shits, giant crabs, Kicking over magazine racks, then throwing glitter on someone and whatever else you can think of. CAG is great!

Thanks Swift900, always a pleasure.

The CAG community is what it is because the majority of the members on this site have passion for gaming and cheapness, its really hard to pinpoint one person but if I have to pick someone it would definately be:

shipwreck

IMO he's one of the best mods here at CAG, he's fair and he provides us with great information on the GameRush board, and does an awesome job at keeping the boards clean. He really deserves a pat on the back and a raise ;)

That and the fact that he picked up :xbox: Psychonauts for me and sold it to me at cost+shipping :bow:

[quote name='DJ K8E']Pookymeister, because he was the first really nice CAG I conversed with. =)[/quote]
Awwwww *blushes*

I'll have to 3rd/4th/5th(whatever it is now) Shrike - always a good trader.

bread's done
Back