Hope is on the way!

coffman

CAGiversary!
I thought that John Edwards' speech last night kicked ass! Rev. Sharpton's speech was pretty good as well. Edwards is a very good speaker. While watching, I couldn't help but think about upcoming debates between Edwards and Cheney. There is no way Cheney can match the eloquence and charisma of Edwards. I suspect that tonight we will finally get to here Kerry's official platform.

Somewhere in America there is a Cheap Ass Gamer worried that he would not be able to pick up Halo 2 because he does not make enough money, but I tell you this HOPE IS ON THE WAY

Somewhere there is a Cheapass worrying about how he willl get a computer to run HL2 on medium, but I tell him this: HOPE IS ON THE WAY!

somewhere in america, people are worried that silly basterd Kerry will win the election.... but i tell you this: hope (kerry losing the election) is on the way.

[quote name='Cracka']somewhere in america, people are worried that silly basterd Kerry will win the election.... but i tell you this: hope (kerry losing the election) is on the way.[/quote]

A nice, hateful bastard.
You should run for congress, they need more people like you.

[quote name='Quackzilla']You weren't jokingly saying something, you were trolling and being a jackss.[/quote]

Not if you agree with him. Or is this a Kerry only/no freedom of expression area?

Funny, I live in Manhattan, yet its like Boston on this forum: free speech for only those who support Kerry.

CTL

[quote name='CTLesq'][quote name='Quackzilla']You weren't jokingly saying something, you were trolling and being a jackss.[/quote]

Not if you agree with him. Or is this a Kerry only/no freedom of expression area?

Funny, I live in Manhattan, yet its like Boston on this forum: free speech for only those who support Kerry.

CTL[/quote]

It's flame-bait either way you look at it CTL. Trolling indeed. What Cracka posted was the equivalent of going into a thread that praises Xbox, and saying something along the lines of "XBOX TEH SUXXORZZZ!1!"

Whether you agree that XBOX TEH SUXXORZZ or not, that is still trolling.

Edwards wrote the speech himelf, and it was good, but it didn't really matter if it was or not, because of how well he said it. He's created a slogan that will appear on every Kerry poster and commercial from now on. Just a good speech.

gallery-msg-1089212637-2.jpg

Yeah,

Everybody vote democrat. Vote for the guy with the charm and the charisma. Vote for the great speaker. Policies? Voting record? Character? Forget that stuff as long as he looks better and has a better ability to charm the masses.

I wonder who you would have voted for in 1930's Germany...

[quote name='chosen1s']Yeah,

Everybody vote democrat. Vote for the guy with the charm and the charisma. Vote for the great speaker. Policies? Voting record? Character? Forget that stuff as long as he looks better and has a better ability to charm the masses.

I wonder who you would have voted for in 1930's Germany...[/quote]

I wouldn't vote for anyone in 1930's Germany. I wasn't born yet.

I think all that was being said was that it was a great speech. This wasn't a clever/funny/intelligent statement. It just makes you sound angry.

[quote name='WildWop'][quote name='CTLesq'][quote name='Quackzilla']You weren't jokingly saying something, you were trolling and being a jackss.[/quote]

CTL[/quote]

It's flame-bait either way you look at it CTL. Trolling indeed. What Cracka posted was the equivalent of going into a thread that praises Xbox, and saying something along the lines of "XBOX TEH SUXXORZZZ!1!"

Whether you agree that XBOX TEH SUXXORZZ or not, that is still trolling.[/quote]

no not really.. if i would've came in and said KERRY IS TEH SUXXORZZ, then that would be more like me trolling and trying to start shit.

i merely(sp?) took what everyone else was posting and made a joke of it.

and then after 1 person responded and i said that it was a joke, then like 3 more people told me it wasnt.

i dont jump on yalls ass everytime someone posts that they Bush is a dumbass, or Bush isnt smart.

And if i say that something i posted was a joke, then it was. I dont need to be told whether or not something i said was a joke, b/c being the poster, i know what i meant by it.

I would also like to finish by saying that i personally like Edwards and would like to see him in office instead of cheney, but i dont want Kerry in office.

[quote name='WildWop'][quote name='CTLesq'][quote name='Quackzilla']You weren't jokingly saying something, you were trolling and being a jackss.[/quote]

CTL[/quote]

Whether you agree that XBOX TEH SUXXORZZ or not, that is still trolling.[/quote]

So there can be no dissenting opinion?

I just want to clarify your position.

Just state that no one can criticize Kerry in a political thread.

CTL

I think Bush loses on policies, voting record and character as well....if those are the items you hope will swing the election, you are in some deep trouble.

By the way, Republicans, can we please have a moratiorium on Nazi references? It only serves to make you look dopey. I realize that's what you are getting on a regular basis from the Rush/Fox News/RNC talking points, but please refrain.

the whole Nazi analogy is a good one, why not use it.

the majority of Kerry supporters are voting for Kerry, simply because he is not G.W. Bush. As long as he's not Bush, they dont care about his policies.

the whole Nazi analogy basically says that if you're voting for somebody just because he's not somebody else, and you dont look at his policies, you could end up with a president with the mentality of Hitler.

Except Hitler WAS voted for on his policies. He wrote a book saying what he was going to do years before being elected. He promised to bring back the economy by getting rid of the "Jew-problem", and he DID do that. He did it in the most evil and sick way possible, but he did.

[quote name='Cracka']the whole Nazi analogy is a good one, why not use it.

the majority of Kerry supporters are voting for Kerry, simply because he is not G.W. Bush. As long as he's not Bush, they dont care about his policies.

the whole Nazi analogy basically says that if you're voting for somebody just because he's not somebody else, and you dont look at his policies, you could end up with a president with the mentality of Hitler.[/quote]

Congratulations! That has to be one of the most assinine comments I have seen on here lately (besides anything DLF posted).

Should people who don't like Bush just not vote at all? Should all the people who preferred McCain in 2000 opt out as well?

I would like to see some link that says the majority of Kerry supporters disagree with his platform but are voting for him regardless because he's not Bush.

And voting against one candidate is just as valid a reason as voting for another. Are you trying to say there weren't any anti-Clinton votes cast in 1996 for Bob Dole?

there was a link yesterday in some thread that showed that the majority of Kerry's supporters were voting for him because they just wanted somebody besides Bush, but didnt really know much about Kerry's policies.

The point i was making is, if you dont like Bush, dont just vote for Kerry just because he's not Bush, atleast try to find out about his policies.

Say you dont like Bush's policies so you decide that you're voting for Kerry. Kerry gets elected and you find out his policies are just like Bush's except worse. (not saying they're policies are the same, just giving an example)

[quote name='MrBadExample']Well after last night's speech, I think he made a lot of anti-Bush people pro-Kerry people.[/quote]

Well put. It was an excellent speech.

[quote name='Cracka']the whole Nazi analogy is a good one, why not use it.

the whole Nazi analogy basically says that if you're voting for somebody just because he's not somebody else, and you dont look at his policies, you could end up with a president with the mentality of Hitler.[/quote]

Like when people voted for Bush because he wasn't Clinton/Gore. And then Bush turned out to be a divider, not a uniter, and a far-right-wing conservative rather than the moderate he'd sold himself as being to the American public.

Yeah....now I get it....you're right! Right now, and for the past four years, we've been living in 1930s Germany.

You -- my friend -- are a GENIUS!

[quote name='dennis_t'][quote name='Cracka']the whole Nazi analogy is a good one, why not use it.

Like when people voted for Bush because he wasn't Clinton/Gore. And then Bush turned out to be a divider, not a uniter, and a far-right-wing conservative rather than the moderate he'd sold himself as being to the American public.

Yeah....now I get it....you're right! Right now, and for the past four years, we've been living in 1930s Germany.

You -- my friend -- are a GENIUS![/quote]

You're assuming that the people who voted for Bush, voted for him because he wasnt Gore. The ones who voted for him for that reason, did it for the wrong reason, yes.

I dont really see the purpose of the last 2 lines of your post besides making an ass of yourself.

i didnt say that if you vote for somebody without knowing their policies, the person you voted for will is a nazi.

I was saying that if you vote for somebody without knowing their policies, you're taking a risk of voting for a man who'se policies arent what you would like them to be, and then as soon as someone with a mentality like Hitler comes into office this way, you'll all just shrug your shoulders and say "oh well".

You obviously knew what i was talking about, but were just looking for an opportunity to post a smartass comment.

[quote name='Cracka']there was a link yesterday in some thread that showed that the majority of Kerry's supporters were voting for him because they just wanted somebody besides Bush, but didnt really know much about Kerry's policies.

The point i was making is, if you dont like Bush, dont just vote for Kerry just because he's not Bush, atleast try to find out about his policies.

Say you dont like Bush's policies so you decide that you're voting for Kerry. Kerry gets elected and you find out his policies are just like Bush's except worse. (not saying they're policies are the same, just giving an example)[/quote]

Wow.

1.) You believe that Kerry supporters are such mindless drones, they'll vote for *anything* that's not Bush?
2.) You believe that Kerry supporters are somehow willfully ignorant about his policies?
3.) You believe that Kerry supporters are so stupid that they wouldn't know Hitleresque policies if they saw them?

Here's the deal - if you want to make a Hitler analogy, the Bush-Hitler analogy is a WHOLE LOT MORE APT. We're talking about someone who's attacked another sovereign nation, unprovoked, who uses fear of the "other" to promote his policies, he undermines the freedoms this country was built on, and is so corrupt and mired in crony politics that criminal behaviour is given a free pass, so long as it's conducted by members of his political party.

Seriously, Cracka - you're a complete, total buffoon. Grow a brain, please.

seppo

A well informed voter takes the time to research the candidates. Blindly voting for someone because you are registered to that person's party is not such a great idea, although I bet at least 50% of the population does this. Voting is not like a football game where you automatically support your team; Both parties have good and bad candidates.

[quote name='helava'][quote name='Cracka']there was a link yesterday in some thread that showed that the majority of Kerry's supporters were voting for him because they just wanted somebody besides Bush, but didnt really know much about Kerry's policies.

Say you dont like Bush's policies so you decide that you're voting for Kerry. Kerry gets elected and you find out his policies are just like Bush's except worse. (not saying they're policies are the same, just giving an example)[/quote]

Wow.

1.) You believe that Kerry supporters are such mindless drones, they'll vote for *anything* that's not Bush?
2.) You believe that Kerry supporters are somehow willfully ignorant about his policies?
3.) You believe that Kerry supporters are so stupid that they wouldn't know Hitleresque policies if they saw them?

Here's the deal - if you want to make a Hitler analogy, the Bush-Hitler analogy is a WHOLE LOT MORE APT. We're talking about someone who's attacked another sovereign nation, unprovoked, who uses fear of the "other" to promote his policies, he undermines the freedoms this country was built on, and is so corrupt and mired in crony politics that criminal behaviour is given a free pass, so long as it's conducted by members of his political party.

Seriously, Cracka - you're a complete, total buffoon. Grow a brain, please.

seppo[/quote]

from the link that was posted yesterday (about to look for it) that showed the results of a recent poll laid out on a pie graph, the majority of Kerry supporters said that they were voting for Kerry because he was not Bush. The minority of the poll said that they actually knew/supported Kerry's policies.

i know that using results of polls as evidence makes me a "total buffoon", and it is obvious that you missed the whole point that i was making (i'm guessing it was because you were too busy trying to think up clever phrases like "grow a brain,please."), but the point i was making is Dont Vote For Somebody Just Because He Is Not Somebody Else.

whether it is Kerry or Bush. I only used Kerry in my example because i've seen countless people post that they were voting for Kerry because they wanted anybody in office instead of Bush.

To answer your questions:
1) according to the polls, yes.
2) according to the polls, yes.
3) you cannot point out hitleresque policies if you dont know his policies.

KEYNOTE:calling me names/telling me to grow a brain, doesnt strengthen your argument.

Now its even more clear that you have no fuckin clue what i'm talking about.

My "argument" is that you should know the policies of the person who you are voting for. That is what i've been saying this whole time.

If you consider this "THAT stupid" then i hope you're not old enough to vote.

Its like you have no clue what i'm talking about, but you want to argue with someone so bad that you try and act like you know what i'm talking about and then you throw in "stupid" or "buffoon" to keep the argument going.

The argument that one should know the policies of who you're voting for is so mindbogglingly obvious that it's not an argument. What you said was that using specifically a Hitler analogy in the case of Kerry supporters was apt.

That aspect is, in fact, THAT stupid, and calling your stupid or a buffoon at that point is the sensible, responsible thing to do.

*shrugs*

You say there's an "argument" going, but is there, really? I'm not trying to argue with you. I'm *belittling* you because you're saying moronic things. Arguing with you would imply that I gave a s**t about what you were saying and was trying to change your mind. I'm not. I'm writing you off as an imbecile that is a waste of precious resources.

seppo

bread's done
Back