How did Superman come back to life?

chosen1s

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
So I was watching this Superman Biography-type show (It's a Bird, It's a Plane I think was the name). They covered start to finish up to the Returns movie, including the big issue when Superman died. I was in High School and mildly interested when they did that whole thing, but when they brougt back the 4 different Superman characters I saw the Marketing machine churning and lost interest.

However, for YEARS now I have been asking people this question (which the stupid show alluded to but never answered either!) and nobody can give me a straight answer. I will probably browse Google, but I thought there might be others out there who wondered the same thing...

I guess it's actually 2 questions:

1) Who were the 4 Superman characters? I never got a clear answer as to whether they were imposters or split personalities of his that somehow appeared when he died.

2) How was "the real" Superman brought back?

Awesome.

Thanks man. Now that I read through it I guess I understand why the documentary didn't want to try to explain all of that. Would have been difficult to concisely communicate and still make sense.

I have an autographed Supes #75 at my desk right now. Got the entire series auto'ed by Dan Jurgens when they came out, but I also lost interest when the four new Supermen were introduced.

[quote name='chosen1s']So I was watching this Superman Biography-type show (It's a Bird, It's a Plane I think was the name). [/quote]

The documentry you were watching is called "Look up in the sky".

Its pretty good...

It was quite a lot like 'The Princess Bride' really. Like the Cary Elwes character, he was almost entirely but not quite dead. If he'd been raised in one of those cultures that leaves corpses out on a platform for vultures to feed upon, he'd have been up and around in no time and walk it off like his high school football coach advised for virtually any medical complaint.

bread's done
Back