Beatmania Bundle $44.99 at EB/GS

This game must have flopped so hard in the US... I guess it kills the chance of us ever seeing any of the Japanese ones brought over.

I blame it on the mediocre US soundtrack.

[quote name='Roufuss']This game must have flopped so hard in the US... I guess it kills the chance of us ever seeing any of the Japanese ones brought over.

I blame it on the mediocre US soundtrack.[/quote]

Blame it on the difficulty, not the soundtrack. It should have had a wider variety of easier songs. I love beatmania personally, but everyone I show it to gives it a few trys, fails a few songs, and wants to go back to Guitar Hero.

[quote name='Lou-Dawg']It should have had a wider variety of easier songs.[/QUOTE]
But then it wouldn't have really been Beatmania IIDX. ;) It's difficulty is it's trademark.

[quote name='Roufuss']I guess it kills the chance of us ever seeing any of the Japanese ones brought over.[/quote]
Actually, the difficulty in securing the liscences to use all of the songs in the US is what really killed the chances of there being an unaltered release of IIDX in the US.

Got my two at Target when they were $40. Turntables aren't loose enough and the track list is meh but at least they tried. They better bring Pop'n to the states.

[quote name='Jeoff']Got my two at Target when they were $40. Turntables aren't loose enough and the track list is meh but at least they tried. They better bring Pop'n to the states.[/QUOTE]

I don't see that happening, it is probably way too cute to be taken seriously here and if Beatmania didn't sell well because of the difficulty, wouldn't that make Pop N Music an even more difficult sell here? (I find it much more difficult than Beatmania)

[quote name='Jeoff']They better bring Pop'n to the states.[/QUOTE]

FOR CHRIST SAKE, MAN, NO!! They'd totally ruin it. There's no way they could resist the temptation to totally screw it up.

[quote name='Lou-Dawg']Blame it on the difficulty, not the soundtrack. It should have had a wider variety of easier songs. I love beatmania personally, but everyone I show it to gives it a few trys, fails a few songs, and wants to go back to Guitar Hero.[/quote]

Yah, that's how I feel. There should be at least an hour worth of easy intro play on a game like this if you want it to have mainstream appeal. I haven't even tried playing mine again since I bought it. I'd like the game if it wasn't so hard. I don't have a problem with making 90% of the songs extremely hard for the hardcore players...they already do that with DDR.

I'd rather play Guitar Hero and Gitaroo Man for now. Even Donkey Konga.

Strawberry Shortcake DDR? Hahaha. I'll probably buy it if it gets dirt cheap just to pull it out at parties when everyone is drunk. That's the only time we play DDR anyway.

Happy sky had an awesome beginner mode. There are about 30 songs with level 1 difficulty. Actual harder songs that don't suck. Only with much easier charts.

Also, I think if they ditched the 5 key mode, it might lower confusion. Lots of 5 key songs are harder than Normal 7key Stuff.

OHHHHhhh Konami... you have failed me.

[quote name='LOC_Fchaos']Happy sky had an awesome beginner mode. There are about 30 songs with level 1 difficulty. Actual harder songs that don't suck. Only with much easier charts.

Also, I think if they ditched the 5 key mode, it might lower confusion. Lots of 5 key songs are harder than Normal 7key Stuff.

OHHHHhhh Konami... you have failed me.[/quote]
Yep. 5-key mode was nice for all the songs that you would otherwise never see, but the difficulty of the lower star 5-key songs are much higher than the lower star 7-key songs. Especially since you can disable the two rightmost keys in 7-key mode, they should have stuck with 7 only and focused on more songs.

I got my bundle for $40 at target as well. I don't mind the difficulty on IIDX. It just makes me want to practice it over and over again. Besides, I like the song -V-, it has a very "night at the roxbury" catchiness to it.

bread's done
Back