http://www.ebgames.c...oduct_id=281510

Enjoy!

birdie-intro.gifAlpha 2

#2 Roufuss

Roufuss

is now a coupon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2006 - 07:52 PM

This game must have flopped so hard in the US... I guess it kills the chance of us ever seeing any of the Japanese ones brought over.

I blame it on the mediocre US soundtrack.

I called my lady friend last night and said my buddy had to beat off on my chest, she is kinda pissed at me, but it was the best idea I had all night, and I stand by it.

Posted Image

#3 Lou-Dawg

Lou-Dawg

Backlogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2006 - 10:16 PM

This game must have flopped so hard in the US... I guess it kills the chance of us ever seeing any of the Japanese ones brought over.

I blame it on the mediocre US soundtrack.

Blame it on the difficulty, not the soundtrack. It should have had a wider variety of easier songs. I love beatmania personally, but everyone I show it to gives it a few trys, fails a few songs, and wants to go back to Guitar Hero.

LouTheVI.png

:robot:

#4 CoffeeEdge

CoffeeEdge

Resident Communaut

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2006 - 12:15 AM

It should have had a wider variety of easier songs.

But then it wouldn't have really been Beatmania IIDX. ;) It's difficulty is it's trademark.

I guess it kills the chance of us ever seeing any of the Japanese ones brought over.

Actually, the difficulty in securing the liscences to use all of the songs in the US is what really killed the chances of there being an unaltered release of IIDX in the US.
Hi...

DID SOMEBODY SAY "TOOT"?!?
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image I WILL MOTHERF--KING BAN THE F--KING SHIT OUT OF YOU Posted Image

Posted Image

#5 zackattack

zackattack

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2006 - 12:19 AM

wow good deal, if this is B&M I might pick another set up.

#6 Jeoff

Jeoff

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2006 - 12:26 AM

Got my two at Target when they were $40. Turntables aren't loose enough and the track list is meh but at least they tried. They better bring Pop'n to the states.

#7 menikmati

menikmati

Isolation, self-damnation

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2006 - 12:33 AM

Just do the wax paper mod to the turntable, makes it possible for pinky scratching.

#8 YoshiFan1

YoshiFan1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2006 - 01:00 AM

Got my two at Target when they were $40. Turntables aren't loose enough and the track list is meh but at least they tried. They better bring Pop'n to the states.

I don't see that happening, it is probably way too cute to be taken seriously here and if Beatmania didn't sell well because of the difficulty, wouldn't that make Pop N Music an even more difficult sell here? (I find it much more difficult than Beatmania)

#9 CoffeeEdge

CoffeeEdge

Resident Communaut

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2006 - 01:03 AM

They better bring Pop'n to the states.

FOR CHRIST SAKE, MAN, NO!! They'd totally ruin it. There's no way they could resist the temptation to totally screw it up.
Hi...

DID SOMEBODY SAY "TOOT"?!?
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image I WILL MOTHERF--KING BAN THE F--KING SHIT OUT OF YOU Posted Image

Posted Image

#10 Lou-Dawg

Lou-Dawg

Backlogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2006 - 01:17 AM

FYI...it is unconfirmed but the price drop at Target to $40 might have been permanent.

LouTheVI.png

#11 paean

paean

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2006 - 01:42 AM

I blame US gamers' shaqfu taste in gaming that Beatmania did not sell well.

#12 YoshiFan1

YoshiFan1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2006 - 01:43 AM

FOR CHRIST SAKE, MAN, NO!! They'd totally ruin it. There's no way they could resist the temptation to totally screw it up.

Konami is already screwed up when it comes to US music games, it couldn't be any worse than this:
http://kotaku.com/ga...nced-188071.php

#13 Rictor

Rictor

I like big butts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2006 - 03:04 AM

Blame it on the difficulty, not the soundtrack. It should have had a wider variety of easier songs. I love beatmania personally, but everyone I show it to gives it a few trys, fails a few songs, and wants to go back to Guitar Hero.

Yah, that's how I feel. There should be at least an hour worth of easy intro play on a game like this if you want it to have mainstream appeal. I haven't even tried playing mine again since I bought it. I'd like the game if it wasn't so hard. I don't have a problem with making 90% of the songs extremely hard for the hardcore players...they already do that with DDR.

I'd rather play Guitar Hero and Gitaroo Man for now. Even Donkey Konga.

Strawberry Shortcake DDR? Hahaha. I'll probably buy it if it gets dirt cheap just to pull it out at parties when everyone is drunk. That's the only time we play DDR anyway.

#14 LOC_Fchaos

LOC_Fchaos

Posted 27 July 2006 - 03:17 AM

Happy sky had an awesome beginner mode. There are about 30 songs with level 1 difficulty. Actual harder songs that don't suck. Only with much easier charts.

Also, I think if they ditched the 5 key mode, it might lower confusion. Lots of 5 key songs are harder than Normal 7key Stuff.

OHHHHhhh Konami... you have failed me.

#15 Lou-Dawg

Lou-Dawg

Backlogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2006 - 04:34 AM

Happy sky had an awesome beginner mode. There are about 30 songs with level 1 difficulty. Actual harder songs that don't suck. Only with much easier charts.

Also, I think if they ditched the 5 key mode, it might lower confusion. Lots of 5 key songs are harder than Normal 7key Stuff.

OHHHHhhh Konami... you have failed me.

Yep. 5-key mode was nice for all the songs that you would otherwise never see, but the difficulty of the lower star 5-key songs are much higher than the lower star 7-key songs. Especially since you can disable the two rightmost keys in 7-key mode, they should have stuck with 7 only and focused on more songs.

LouTheVI.png

#16 MusicNoteLess

MusicNoteLess

Posted 27 July 2006 - 06:51 AM

I got my bundle for $40 at target as well. I don't mind the difficulty on IIDX. It just makes me want to practice it over and over again. Besides, I like the song -V-, it has a very "night at the roxbury" catchiness to it.