Tekken 5: Ultimate Collectors Edition $49 Fry's

sdpads19

CAGiversary!
Just picked up Tekken 5: Ultimate Collectors Edition for $49. Not sure if this has been up on this forum yet or not but just wanted to let everyone know. Fry's has it advertised on their website as such too, but if you check your local fry's you can save on shipping. Fry's here in San Diego (Aero Dr.) had 3 left on their shelf. Great deal considering you get the Hori Arcade fighting stick for basically $30. :applause:

Here's the link to Fry's : http://shop1.outpost.com/product/4354175?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

224.jpg

I was about to crack another "this deal is older than my gma," but I can see that it is now back in stock. Probably collected dust on the Fry's shelves, so they shipped it back to the warehouse.

I already got one, but maybe I should get another for the stick :p

[quote name='opportunity777']

I already got one, but maybe I should get another for the stick :p[/quote]

Word. You could just trade the game to soften the blow. Great deal for a good stick.

I didn't think that these came with the Hori Sticks, but rather one of Namco's own like with the Guncon.

http://www.namakoteam.com/news.php?id=58
It's supposedly not the best stick around. Better than most of the rest (basically stuff on U.S. shelves), but not on the level of the fancy Hori sticks. Still, if you're not exactly competition-level it's supposed to be damn good, especially for that price.
I want one but my Fry's didn't have it last time I checked. :cry:

[quote name='GBKeroberos']http://www.namakoteam.com/news.php?id=58
It's supposedly not the best stick around. Better than most of the rest (basically stuff on U.S. shelves), but not on the level of the fancy Hori sticks. Still, if you're not exactly competition-level it's supposed to be damn good, especially for that price.
I want one but my Fry's didn't have it last time I checked. :cry:[/QUOTE]

For $55 with a game, it's hard to beat.

The stick is a real Hori stick. But it doesnt use real Sanwa Japanese arcade parts like their premium sticks do.

I have this Tekken stick and the Hori real arcade pro sticks, and they are both good. The Tekken stick compares very well to the real thing, and is easily the best stick your gonna find on the shelf in the US.

Of course if your a hardcore fighting game fanatic, you'll notice the differences between this stick and one with real arcade parts. But if your that into fighters, you probably have a great stick already.

I use this stick as a decent second player stick. I'll even use it while my friends use my Hori Real Arcade Pro so they can feel the difference.

[quote name='MrDemonicAngel']is it possible to use the hori stick on other games? cuz certain games are supposed to be pressure sensitive. isnt it?[/QUOTE]

I don't think it's pressure sensitive, but I've been using this for SFA Anthology, KOF XI, and countless other fighters without any problem whatsoever. I love this thing and it's definitely a good stick for people who are just learning to use a stick and don't want to blow a shitload of money on a custom made one.

You can always mod it later on. Throw some sanwas in there and really get the most out of it. This is a very good price on this stick.

[quote name='toneroni']is this better than the SFA stick? I ordered one and have an SF stick but i guess im just curious right now lol[/QUOTE]

Everybody I've talked to seems to think the Tekken stick is superior.

[quote name='toneroni']is this better than the SFA stick? I ordered one and have an SF stick but i guess im just curious right now lol[/QUOTE]

definitely better than the SFA stick.

bread's done
Back