The CAG Community (Problaby Been Discussed)

Chris Dillon

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
I left CAG for about 5-7 months with just the occasional visits and then a few months ago I returned just for the DVD section. I have now fully returned with my interest back in gaming. I still havent gamed in about 4 months but i am getting a 360 soon enough and have found myself back on here reading stuff. But, the community thats was so tight and compact that I remembered has now disappeared.

I left about the time Cheapy was looking for apartments and the first cagcasts were around. I really liked the comics too btw. I don't think of myself as a veteren hear because of my post count and this new trader of rating of suck (had 19 before but didn't update it.)

Here is my one rant, CAG when I was leaving was just becoming the powerhouse that it seems to be now. I remember I was having problems once with my avatar and I sent cheapyd a pm. He fixed it himself. That avater was created for me by cheapy. I remember when I read post I always seemed to recognise about every poster. CAG seems to be the same friendly place that it was before but with just alot more people.

I'm guessing a post like this has come before but with me being gone and all I wouldn't know that. I also think I may have posted this in the wrong forum but I'm tired and gave up looking through them. Flame me if you want but for every flame I get I'll get an intelligent post saying I'm either wrong or right and calling that person that flames a dumbass. Thats why I love this place and what seperates the boards here from anywhere else (my other boards are gamefaqs, you see what I'm comparing to.)

Eh, enough of the old guys are still around to make sense of it. If you're coming back around to the site, you should be able to pick up on the standings of people sooner or later.

Although, I think it might be fair to say that, maybe the character(s) count has gone down one or two?

[quote name='Moxio']It's true a lot of members have left, but there's some interesting new ones I guess.

No wait. Not really.[/quote]

People get bored and move on. I mean seriously who plans to spend the rest of their lives posting on here.

[quote name='dberuvides']People get bored and move on. I mean seriously who plans to spend the rest of their lives posting on here.[/QUOTE]

Sure.

[quote name='dberuvides']I mean seriously who plans to spend the rest of their lives posting on here.[/quote]

:wave:

[quote name='Chris Dillon']done for you?[/QUOTE]

Thanks.

Yea, the site has gotten worse I think, IMO the same core group of awesome CAG's are on Xbox Live.

[quote name='Roufuss']Thanks.

Yea, the site has gotten worse I think, IMO the same core group of awesome CAG's are on Xbox Live.[/QUOTE]

wait a minute I dont have Xbox Live, I dont have Xbox Live............:cry:

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']wait a minute I dont have Xbox Live, I dont have Xbox Live............:cry:[/QUOTE]

You are there in my thoughts.

Someone always says "Damn, I wish Ikohn was here, that guy is awesome" and we all always agree and have a moment of silence.

[quote name='Roufuss']You are there in my thoughts.

Someone always says "Damn, I wish Ikohn was here, that guy is awesome" and we all always agree and have a moment of silence.[/quote]

That never happens.

I think I remember this guy, I seem to always remember dudes that have a real first and last name but maybe my mind is playin tricks on me. Or maybe we did a trade long ago. Or maybe, just maybe, I'm really the you that you wish you were.

Anywho, welcome back, or enjoy your stay, keep on truckin' or some shit....what was the question again?

Welcome back Chris! I think that we completed a trade back during the $5 CC clearance sale. There's still enough of the core group left to make CAG a community. However, I think we went through a rough period awhile back. I was ready to leave the forums since they seemed to be getting overrun with useless threads and constant trolling. It has cleaned up, but you're right, the site is huge now.

Yes, I did complete a trade with you. I love CAG and that the very reason. I find someone out of the woodwork that I have had dealings with before. JeffryRose where do you live in Ohio? Lorain west of cleveland for me. I know you told me.

[quote name='Chris Dillon']Yes, I did complete a trade with you. I love CAG and that the very reason. I find someone out of the woodwork that I have had dealings with before. JeffryRose where do you live in Ohio? Lorain west of cleveland for me. I know you told me.[/quote]

I live in Cincinnati now- I go to U.C.

[quote name='jeffreyjrose']Welcome back Chris! I think that we completed a trade back during the $5 CC clearance sale. There's still enough of the core group left to make CAG a community. However, I think we went through a rough period awhile back. I was ready to leave the forums since they seemed to be getting overrun with useless threads and constant trolling. It has cleaned up, but you're right, the site is huge now.[/QUOTE]

One problem IMO about the size of CAG is that there's a bunch of posters around with 1 post or a few per year that just lurk around, not really adding to the community.

[quote name='crazytalkx']One problem IMO about the size of CAG is that there's a bunch of posters around with 1 post or a few per year that just lurk around, not really adding to the community.[/quote]

I agree. CAG is a 'give-and-take' community. Unfortunately, with size there seems to be more takers than givers. This translates to fewer deal finds for the members who actually share their deals with others, and we have all seen the 'hoarder' in our local game store that just ruins the whole hunt.

[quote name='crazytalkx']One problem IMO about the size of CAG is that there's a bunch of posters around with 1 post or a few per year that just lurk around, not really adding to the community.[/quote]

If you lurk around that long you are sucked into it. Back in the early days I lurked around for about 2 months and eventually left. Then when I heard about a big sale posted from a friend, I came back I was sucked in for good. To bad I still can't remember my original username to this day.

Truth is I rather have people lurking then more people posting, "I just heard from a friend they are launching the Wii on a tuesday sometime this year."

[quote name='Chris Dillon']whats this king sprout bis. In my time there only like 4 people barred from cag and one was a kid that didnt fufill his trades.[/quote]King_sprout was this really annoying guy who would make tons of useless threads. And b/c of that, he was suspended for 3 days. When the ban was lifted, he came back and started making post after post after post. And b/c of that, he was banned, for good.

[quote name='pop311']King_sprout was this really annoying guy who would make tons of useless threads. And b/c of that, he was suspended for 3 days. When the ban was lifted, he came back and started making post after post after post. And b/c of that, he was banned, for good.[/quote]
He was banned, like perma-banned now... \\:D/\\:D/\\:D/ YAY!!!!

[quote name='mcgavin27']He was banned, like perma-banned now... \\:D/\\:D/\\:D/ YAY!!!![/QUOTE]

He's not perma-banned. He just got another 3 day ban to see if he can change his ways.

[quote name='shipwreck']He's not perma-banned. He just got another 3 day ban to see if he can change his ways.[/quote]
Oh, :cry:. Well maybe he can get a perma-ban soon.

For me, whenever someone falls off there is usually someone else to take their place. I haven't noticed many changes in the community overall in the time I have been here.

[quote name='shipwreck']He's not perma-banned. He just got another 3 day ban to see if he can change his ways.[/quote]Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

[quote name='Moxio']It's true a lot of members have left, but there's some interesting new ones I guess.

No wait. Not really.[/quote]

:lol: I like that for some reason

[quote name='jeffreyjrose']I agree. CAG is a 'give-and-take' community. Unfortunately, with size there seems to be more takers than givers. This translates to fewer deal finds for the members who actually share their deals with others, and we have all seen the 'hoarder' in our local game store that just ruins the whole hunt.[/QUOTE]

On that note, there is a whole other wealth to be had in the trading forums. People who lurk and don't add miss out on all of that.

I have noticed that I don't recognize as many people anymore too. I am not around much anymore since I started a new job in December. I check the boards regularly and post once in a while. I can't say I have contributed much since I started my new job, but what are going to do. There is only so much time in a day. When I work from home I hop on here like the old days.

I'm a newer user who lurked for many months before signing up... mainly lurked in the game discussion boards, if you can believe it.

Anyway, I don't have the time or any intention of being a 5,000+ poster in two-years time. I don't wanna type "LOL!!1" in every thread I read. I'd rather seek out the moments to interject something that may be funny or at least interesting.

I'm a role player. The guy you want on your team but who will probably never be picked as an all-star.

[quote name='Roufuss']Thanks.

Yea, the site has gotten worse I think, IMO the same core group of awesome CAG's are on Xbox Live.[/QUOTE]

I guess I'm not "awesome" since I'm no longer on XBL. :cry: :cry: :cry:

bread's done
Back