[Now Back. Comp.] Unreal Championship 2: The Liandri Conflict (Xbox) $4.99 @ Amazon

Awesome - this is one I've been looking to pick up ever since I got my Xbox back in July. Can't beat $8 shipped (w/ Amazon Prime). Thanks a lot OP! :)

Is this the game they built from the ground up to play well on a console? Its third person right? With a stress on melee combat?

[quote name='Puffa469']Is this the game they built from the ground up to play well on a console? Its third person right? With a stress on melee combat?[/QUOTE]
That's this one. The first UC game was really choppy and just felt bad. This one was MADE for the XBox. Top notch controls, seamless 1st & 3rd person (tap a button to switch back and forth) and great Melee. However, you *can* shut Melee off if you want classic UT experience. I got this for $10 a few months back from an ebgames.com sale. Great quick games against bots. Totally recommended.

Good story mode with actually well-designed cutscenes.

Sometimes the level difficulty is stupidly hard though, but this is a surprisingly deep game. Extremely good. The fact that it didn't make GH is a tragedy.

Live play these days for it is probably restricted to the hardest of the hardcore, but the bots are excellent, as is the gameplay. There's plenty of content here. Two thumbs up, especially at this price.

[quote name='Renegade_Zero']is this bc?[/quote]

we have to be Politcly correct its now B.C.E.

Before Common Era

I just got it at Gamestop too this past month. It's honestly worth $20. $7.99 is a steal and even if you have a 360 buy it anyway and hope and pray that Microsoft makes this game backwards compatiable too.

It really is that good. I was shocked by the level of balance in the gameplay and the sheer number of mutators and single player modes. There's a tourny for each of the 14 (or more after some downloads) characters in the game which means a variety of matches and conditions. Then there's the story mode with Anubis which is so damn awesome that this game could have been a straight up balls to the wall action title because in one of the missions in Anubis mode you fight a bunch of robots while moving from room to room under a time limit. Hella cool. Then there's the challenges and Unreal's classic smarter-than-you AI.

Plus, who could resist knocking rockets back at people like they are tennis balls?

i can vouch for this game as well...too bad it came out so close to halo 2 or this would have been "that game" that people would be playing all the time

Terrific game -- if not one of the most beatiful looking titles on the Xbox. Not sure if this one was sphearheaded by CliffyB, but it's from Epic, and certainly innovates on the tried and true Unreal franchise.

I should def get this at the price. Thanks OP.

And Sweetooth you're right. If it didn't launch near Halo 2 this game would have been huge.

Alright, you guys should work for Epic or something. After all the chatting up this game was getting here, I decided to squeeze the trigger: it's a worthy gamble for eight bones.

Yeah all the Epic praise in this thread made me bite the bullet and order Unreal today. I'm such a dork that I added this in to get free shipping:

[quote name='Michaellvortega']MS was orginaly the publisher, I wonder why they pulled out? I thought that maybe that game must have sucked bad.[/QUOTE]
Midway bought the rights to publish the Unreal games until 2008, including UC2. I have a feeling Microsoft didn't feel like publishing a competitor to Halo 2 so shortly after its release. Microsoft has passed on publishing a lot of great games for the Xbox (Psychonauts, Phantom Dust, etc).

For you number whores out there, this game get an 87% on Gamerankings.

If anyone wants to play on Live sometime, you can send me a friend request.

so can i cancel amazon prime before the trial is up? shipping would be worth it t save, but i dont want to be stuck in a hassle

[quote name='rly723']so can i cancel amazon prime before the trial is up? shipping would be worth it t save, but i dont want to be stuck in a hassle[/quote]

Yes. In your account settings, there is a link to subscriptions, you can choose to opt-out of Prime at any time during your free trial.

[quote name='kaw']Yes. In your account settings, there is a link to subscriptions, you can choose to opt-out of Prime at any time during your free trial.[/QUOTE]
Been considering this game for a long time, may have to get it now. If I can find something else to getwith it to get free shipping I'll go for it.

Crap, I coulda saved $3. ;)

Oh well, anyone with an Xbox who doesn't own this game has absolutely no excuse now.

I just picked it up. For $4.99, I'll give it a try. (I still have a few days of Amazon Prime left, so free shipping!) By the way, for the people who already bought this at the earlier price, Amazon will probably adjust what you paid if you email customer service.

No tax and free 2-day shipping with prime, couldn't resist even though it isn't BC yet, thanks for the updated price OP.

[quote name='argyle']Crap, I coulda saved $3. ;)

Oh well, anyone with an Xbox who doesn't own this game has absolutely no excuse now.[/QUOTE]

I could've saved the $2 Bestbuy.com shipping and few cents tax!

Sheesh!! First Ridge Racer 6 dropping universally (after BB was the only $19.99 for a day), now this. I gotta learn to be patient!

(and I have to say, Prime is *addictive*. I never thought I'd want it but I have really enjoyed being able to pick up Amazon deals without filler. Sure, it's $80 or whatever a year but over enough orders it works out... it goes against being a cheapass but I am really tempted to let it renew when my trial runs out...)

[quote name='Justin42']I could've saved the $2 Bestbuy.com shipping and few cents tax!

Sheesh!! First Ridge Racer 6 dropping universally (after BB was the only $19.99 for a day), now this. I gotta learn to be patient![/QUOTE]

(and I have to say, Prime is *addictive*. I never thought I'd want it but I have really enjoyed being able to pick up Amazon deals without filler. Sure, it's $80 or whatever a year but over enough orders it works out... it goes against being a cheapass but I am really tempted to let it renew when my trial runs out...)

[quote name='Justin42'](and I have to say, Prime is *addictive*. I never thought I'd want it but I have really enjoyed being able to pick up Amazon deals without filler. Sure, it's $80 or whatever a year but over enough orders it works out... it goes against being a cheapass but I am really tempted to let it renew when my trial runs out...)[/QUOTE]

You're not the only one. I think they really knew what they were doing giving out that 3-month trial. I've found that not only are there great game deals, but their new-release dvd prices are often comparable to the b&m deals - but without the 10% sales tax I'm forced to endure. Just ordered V For Vendetta 2-disk version for $20, which was the cheapest I saw it anywhere. Except locally that would have been $22. ;)

A friend of mine is probably going to split the cost with me, so we'll end up $40 each. That's only $3.33/mo, so it should pay for itself easily.

[quote name='I AM WILLIAM H. MACY']Hmm worth $5 shipped with Prime?

(it's not BC so I may not ever be able to play it)[/quote]

90% sure it will be eventually

[quote name='argyle']You're not the only one. I think they really knew what they were doing giving out that 3-month trial. I've found that not only are there great game deals, but their new-release dvd prices are often comparable to the b&m deals - but without the 10% sales tax I'm forced to endure. Just ordered V For Vendetta 2-disk version for $20, which was the cheapest I saw it anywhere. Except locally that would have been $22. ;)

A friend of mine is probably going to split the cost with me, so we'll end up $40 each. That's only $3.33/mo, so it should pay for itself easily.[/QUOTE]

I agree that Prime is nice, but I don't think I can justify the cost personally. Before I had it, I would have to worry about getting each order up to $25, but I usually had a backlog of things that I wanted, so that wasn't too hard. And while 2-day shipping is nice (and I even paid for the overnight once just for kicks) for most things I don't really mind waiting for the supersaver shipping.

Someone mentioned in another thread that Amazon should have a cheaper option that just gives you free supersaver shipping (or maybe normal shipping, as opposed to 2-day) without having to have a minimum order amount. That doesn't sound like a bad idea to me.

[quote name='animemaniac14']isn't there some way you can make it backwards compatible? like can't you download something onto the xbox that fixes it so that its BC?[/QUOTE]

The 360 emulates original Xbox games, which means that the programmers have to code the emulation software for each game individually. They have not yet done that for this game... you can view a list of games that currently work on the Xbox 360 homepage.

[quote name='ps99472']here's the link to send them an email...fyi, they've always price adjusted my past orders if the price changed withing 30 days...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/cont...6358314-0648758?ie=UTF8&browse_node_id=557204[/QUOTE]

Emailed yesterday & just got this response:

The discounts we offer for items on our web site do vary from time to
time. I've checked your order, and found that we now offer a greater
discount on Unreal Championship 2 than at the time you placed your order.

Since this item was shipped so recently, I have requested a refund of
$3.00 to your credit card. This amount reflects the difference
between the price you were charged and the discounted price. The
refund should be processed in the next few days and will appear as a
credit on your next billing statement.

You may view returns and refunds by clicking the "Your Account" link
at the top of our web site, then clicking "Go!" next to "open and
recently shipped orders." Completed refunds will appear at the
bottom of an individual order's summary page.

I hope this solution is satisfactory. Thank you for shopping at
Amazon.com--we hope you will visit us again soon.​

So thanks a lot - $3 saved is $3 earned. ;)

It's a shame that UC2's online community died out. I was one of the regulars that owned melee whores left and right when people still played the game, but since this game was built in the vein of a PC game (Read: Unlike Halo 2), nobody played it.

hopefully with more CAG's getting this game, more people will play online

i bought TimeSPlitter FP and tried to play online but no one's on there either

[quote name='Defudge']It's a shame that UC2's online community died out. I was one of the regulars that owned melee whores left and right when people still played the game, but since this game was built in the vein of a PC game (Read: Unlike Halo 2), nobody played it.[/quote]

[quote name='rly723']hopefully with more CAG's getting this game, more people will play online

i bought TimeSPlitter FP and tried to play online but no one's on there either[/quote]

CAG UC2 gamertag list:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103607

I have no luck with Amazon. First I jumped early on this deal and got it at the higher price, then I wait a few hours on Haunting Ground to read some reviews, and it goes back up in price!

Hopefully they will give me the $3 refund :)

I've never had problems getting something adjusted. I've actually gotten pretty large adjustments in the past on a cell phone and LCD TV. You just have to keep on whether the price changes. There's actually a site that will track these things for you, but I don't recall what it's called.

bread's done
Back