Photo
- - - - -

[Now Back. Comp.] Unreal Championship 2: The Liandri Conflict (Xbox) $4.99 @ Amazon

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#31 ps99472

ps99472

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2006 - 12:21 AM

here's the link to send them an email...fyi, they've always price adjusted my past orders if the price changed withing 30 days...

https://www.amazon.c..._node_id=557204

#32 wampa8jedi

wampa8jedi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2006 - 12:39 AM

Thanks OP--picked it up for the lower price ;)

#33 Justin42

Justin42

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2006 - 02:42 AM

Crap, I coulda saved $3. ;)

Oh well, anyone with an Xbox who doesn't own this game has absolutely no excuse now.

I could've saved the $2 Bestbuy.com shipping and few cents tax!

Sheesh!! First Ridge Racer 6 dropping universally (after BB was the only $19.99 for a day), now this. I gotta learn to be patient!

(and I have to say, Prime is *addictive*. I never thought I'd want it but I have really enjoyed being able to pick up Amazon deals without filler. Sure, it's $80 or whatever a year but over enough orders it works out... it goes against being a cheapass but I am really tempted to let it renew when my trial runs out...)

#34 I AM WILLIAM H. MACY

I AM WILLIAM H. MACY

William "Hog" Macy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2006 - 03:10 AM

Hmm worth $5 shipped with Prime?

(it's not BC so I may not ever be able to play it)

#35 argyle

argyle

Posted 10 August 2006 - 03:20 AM

(and I have to say, Prime is *addictive*. I never thought I'd want it but I have really enjoyed being able to pick up Amazon deals without filler. Sure, it's $80 or whatever a year but over enough orders it works out... it goes against being a cheapass but I am really tempted to let it renew when my trial runs out...)

You're not the only one. I think they really knew what they were doing giving out that 3-month trial. I've found that not only are there great game deals, but their new-release dvd prices are often comparable to the b&m deals - but without the 10% sales tax I'm forced to endure. Just ordered V For Vendetta 2-disk version for $20, which was the cheapest I saw it anywhere. Except locally that would have been $22. ;)

A friend of mine is probably going to split the cost with me, so we'll end up $40 each. That's only $3.33/mo, so it should pay for itself easily.
Posted Image

#36 swetooth9

swetooth9

Go Tar Heels!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2006 - 04:04 AM

Hmm worth $5 shipped with Prime?

(it's not BC so I may not ever be able to play it)

90% sure it will be eventually

#37 icruise

icruise

CAG Since Atari 2600

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2006 - 05:31 AM

You're not the only one. I think they really knew what they were doing giving out that 3-month trial. I've found that not only are there great game deals, but their new-release dvd prices are often comparable to the b&m deals - but without the 10% sales tax I'm forced to endure. Just ordered V For Vendetta 2-disk version for $20, which was the cheapest I saw it anywhere. Except locally that would have been $22. ;)

A friend of mine is probably going to split the cost with me, so we'll end up $40 each. That's only $3.33/mo, so it should pay for itself easily.

I agree that Prime is nice, but I don't think I can justify the cost personally. Before I had it, I would have to worry about getting each order up to $25, but I usually had a backlog of things that I wanted, so that wasn't too hard. And while 2-day shipping is nice (and I even paid for the overnight once just for kicks) for most things I don't really mind waiting for the supersaver shipping.

Someone mentioned in another thread that Amazon should have a cheaper option that just gives you free supersaver shipping (or maybe normal shipping, as opposed to 2-day) without having to have a minimum order amount. That doesn't sound like a bad idea to me.

#38 animemaniac14

animemaniac14

Do the Monkey w/Me!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2006 - 02:00 PM

isn't there some way you can make it backwards compatible? like can't you download something onto the xbox that fixes it so that its BC?

[DVDs=727] [VGs=434

Free Gift Cards > Sex with a Blueshirt

#39 wampa8jedi

wampa8jedi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2006 - 02:43 PM

isn't there some way you can make it backwards compatible? like can't you download something onto the xbox that fixes it so that its BC?

The 360 emulates original Xbox games, which means that the programmers have to code the emulation software for each game individually. They have not yet done that for this game... you can view a list of games that currently work on the Xbox 360 homepage.

#40 animemaniac14

animemaniac14

Do the Monkey w/Me!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2006 - 02:50 PM

maybe you can put in a request to get this game coded for bc?

[DVDs=727] [VGs=434

Free Gift Cards > Sex with a Blueshirt

#41 argyle

argyle

Posted 10 August 2006 - 04:28 PM

here's the link to send them an email...fyi, they've always price adjusted my past orders if the price changed withing 30 days...

https://www.amazon.c..._node_id=557204

Emailed yesterday & just got this response:

The discounts we offer for items on our web site do vary from time to
time. I've checked your order, and found that we now offer a greater
discount on Unreal Championship 2 than at the time you placed your order.

Since this item was shipped so recently, I have requested a refund of
$3.00 to your credit card. This amount reflects the difference
between the price you were charged and the discounted price. The
refund should be processed in the next few days and will appear as a
credit on your next billing statement.

You may view returns and refunds by clicking the "Your Account" link
at the top of our web site, then clicking "Go!" next to "open and
recently shipped orders." Completed refunds will appear at the
bottom of an individual order's summary page.

I hope this solution is satisfactory. Thank you for shopping at
Amazon.com--we hope you will visit us again soon.

So thanks a lot - $3 saved is $3 earned. ;)
Posted Image

#42 Defudge

Defudge

Posted 10 August 2006 - 06:22 PM

It's a shame that UC2's online community died out. I was one of the regulars that owned melee whores left and right when people still played the game, but since this game was built in the vein of a PC game (Read: Unlike Halo 2), nobody played it.

#43 rly723

rly723

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2006 - 06:26 PM

hopefully with more CAG's getting this game, more people will play online

i bought TimeSPlitter FP and tried to play online but no one's on there either

#44 swetooth9

swetooth9

Go Tar Heels!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2006 - 06:29 PM

It's a shame that UC2's online community died out. I was one of the regulars that owned melee whores left and right when people still played the game, but since this game was built in the vein of a PC game (Read: Unlike Halo 2), nobody played it.

hopefully with more CAG's getting this game, more people will play online

i bought TimeSPlitter FP and tried to play online but no one's on there either

CAG UC2 gamertag list:

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=103607

#45 TehTriggerman

TehTriggerman

Stupidity is the deliberate cultivation of ignorance..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2006 - 06:45 PM

Best Buy B&M also has this game for $4.99 too. I got 2 copies at the Rochester Hills MI store.

Megami_Tengoku_II_PC_FX_Banner.jpg

#46 Lou-Dawg

Lou-Dawg

Backlogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2006 - 09:47 PM

I have no luck with Amazon. First I jumped early on this deal and got it at the higher price, then I wait a few hours on Haunting Ground to read some reviews, and it goes back up in price!

Hopefully they will give me the $3 refund :)

LouTheVI.png

:robot:

#47 icruise

icruise

CAG Since Atari 2600

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2006 - 10:11 PM

I've never had problems getting something adjusted. I've actually gotten pretty large adjustments in the past on a cell phone and LCD TV. You just have to keep on whether the price changes. There's actually a site that will track these things for you, but I don't recall what it's called.

#48 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 22 August 2006 - 07:52 AM

This deal is back.

#49 doctorfaustus

doctorfaustus

Posted 22 August 2006 - 08:00 AM

This deal is back.

shows up as 14.99 :(

Edit: Nevermind, says 4.99 now.
[thread=80647]Click for crappy trade list.[/thread]

24 Hour Gaming Marathon for Charity! EXTRA LIFE OCTOBER 2011

Low Budget Blog- Featuring Review: Helsing's Fire (iPhone) and Star Wars: Cantina (iPhone Review)

#50 Sofa King Cheap

Sofa King Cheap

Sofa King Cheap

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2007 - 11:41 AM

Friendly bump now that it's both backwards comp. and in stock
"Kyle, I have a full day of watching TV tomorrow. I don't have time to go on a poo hunt right now, okay?" -- a memorable quote from South Park's "A Very Crappy Christmas" episode

#51 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 28 April 2007 - 12:55 PM

Isn't this the same one Kmart has on clearance for $4? If so, I saw about a half dozen copies at my local Kmart last night.

If not, then please ignore this post.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#52 lnin0

lnin0

Posted 28 April 2007 - 02:28 PM

Thanks for the find. Been looking, with no luck, for multiple copies of this game since it hit the backwards compatible list. A steal at that price even with shipping considering you would be lucky to find an used scratched up copy at EB for less.

I have one copy now and the game runs smooth. Its widescreen and looks every bit as good as Halo 2 - which I would consider the best looking bc game to date. Best of all this game is a blast to play.

Now I can get all my friends in on the fun and it will be nice break from the clancy's and war shooters we usually end up playing on the weekends.

#53 smackmyonion

smackmyonion

Posted 29 April 2007 - 02:23 PM

I picked this game up last week at EB for $5.99 brand new. Its totaly backwards compatible and there are people playing it on live right now.
Gameplay is great, graphics are pretty good too.