KOTAKU'D! - How to stop getting "Timeout" in Street Fighter II' Hyper Fighting (XBLA)

Mookyjooky

CAGiversary!
Feedback
42 (100%)
I was playing Street Fighter II earlier tonight and I was getting Timeouts, after timeouts after timeouts...

Except this one time, I pressed the "Center Button" (What ever that "X" button is actually called) after it found someone in Quick Match ranked and for the first time in 9-10 timeouts it connected... I tried to quick match afterwards, and got timeouts constantly again...

Then I wondered if I hit the center button, if it would connect again, and sure enough... it did.

So I played 10 games in a row and not once did it timeout... this is how I did it. Maybe this works for everyone, but it seems to work for me.

So click on quick match, and when it finds a person and starts the 5 sec timer, click the center button. Then hit the center button again when the character select screen pops up. Easy as pie, and I did it 10 times in a row without getting a timeout.

Hope it works for you. (Since other people are having great success too, I changed the title to take out "Possible")

I've played over 50 matches and have never had a time out. However, I could've sworn one time this fool was using standy on me. Everything was in super slow mo but the fool was still able to do all his moves when I was the one hosting?!?

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']an easyer remedy is to just create a game. Created games will never net you a drop guaranteed.[/QUOTE]

But if we didn't use this trick, we'd never get in to play your created games. :)

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']an easyer remedy is to just create a game. Created games will never net you a drop guaranteed.[/QUOTE] i second this. i also turn off voice support and have no lag or drop outs.

If this solution does work every time (as it seems to be) I'd certainly hope a patch is on the way. I don't see how it couldn't be fixed if this is all you need to do.

Thanks for the info, I will try this tonight.

^^ I don't know. I made a mention of it in the comments there.

Either that, or Mook staged a hostile takeover and Cheapy is in some dark basement right now, chained to a water pipe.

[quote name='KaneRobot']^^ I don't know. I made a mention of it in the comments there.

Either that, or Mook staged a hostile takeover and Cheapy is in some dark basement right now, chained to a water pipe.[/quote]
Shhhh... he's just sleeping. And he likes the moisture.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']just a note: I think the center X button is actually called the "Guide" button, though it really dosn't matter.[/QUOTE]

It's indeed called the "Xbox Guide" Button.

i think it's placebo...it's just that the game lets multiple people connect to one guy at a time. instead of closing the door after one person connects, it shuts people out after they connect.

bread's done
Back