Unreal Championship 2: The Liandri Conflict (Xbox) $4.99 @ BestBuy.com

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#61 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2006 - 11:39 PM

It is a completely different ball game from UT2K4, or, to be honest, anything I've played in memory. The emphasis in UC2 is more on the array of characters (Fast and weak to slow and tough), melee weaponry being just as useful as gunplay (Though that depends on your character's size), and lots of wild wall-jumping acrobatics. Adrenalin moves also make each character unique, et al. The entire thing bears little resemblence to UT2K4 (Except in guns and a few characters), but is itself an excellent game.

#62 swetooth9

swetooth9

Go Tar Heels!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 August 2006 - 12:22 AM

I'm really tempted to jump on this, especially since my local BB has it in stock, but I already have Unreal Tournament 2004 for my PC - is it different enough/good enough to warrent a purchase even though I already have 2K4?

in ut2k4, all the characters are basically the same besides looks...there is more personality and specialties to each character in uc2...get it now

remember to post your gamertag here if you have xbox live and get this game:

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=103607

#63 FurryCurry

FurryCurry

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 August 2006 - 01:44 AM

I'm really tempted to jump on this, especially since my local BB has it in stock, but I already have Unreal Tournament 2004 for my PC - is it different enough/good enough to warrent a purchase even though I already have 2K4?

It's like a 3rd person action game guest starring the Unreal Tournament universe. It's effing faster and more insane than UT2k4.

Buy everything! QUICK!

Posted Image

Forget the old lady! Shop! NOW!

#64 Justin42

Justin42

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 August 2006 - 02:12 AM

Deal died while I was shopping for more items. :( Now $15.

Still showing $4.99 for me?

#65 Tommy Gun

Tommy Gun

Posted 12 August 2006 - 02:24 AM

Still showing $4.99 for me?

Sorry, I meant to click on the Amazon thread, I didn't realize the same deal was at BB!

#66 SilverPaw750

SilverPaw750

WHARRGARBL

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 August 2006 - 02:31 AM

Ordered it - THANKS OP!

Posted Image

#67 uberzone

uberzone

Posted 12 August 2006 - 02:55 AM

Want it if for no other reason than the Mortal Kombat characters that are unlockable.

Just one, Raiden.

Great deal on a great game nonetheless.
Posted Image

#68 swetooth9

swetooth9

Go Tar Heels!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 August 2006 - 03:34 AM

It's like a 3rd person action game guest starring the Unreal Tournament universe. It's effing faster and more insane than UT2k4.

actually, i think ut2k4 is a faster-paced game...but that's just me

#69 Rezzy

Rezzy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 August 2006 - 03:55 AM

Ordered

Should be a nice little mid-school week pick-me-up =X
Posted Image

#70 elmyra

elmyra

King of the Road

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2006 - 01:49 AM

So, this game is still in-stock locally and I'm thinking about picking up some copies for myself and friends. First, though, I have a question about playing over system link. The game normally supports 1-2 players on a single console. When using system link (not XBox live), are you limited to one player per console, or can you still have two players on each XBox? I normally game with three friends, and while we can easily set up two consoles in a single house, four of them would be a pain.

Thanks in advance if anyone knows the answer.

#71 Quintox

Quintox

Chicken Chaser

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2006 - 02:22 AM

Wow, still alive...sorry for the old bump but still only $4.99

#72 Dinosauce

Dinosauce

Posted 12 September 2006 - 02:56 AM

I picked up this game a while ago, and the thing wont load in my Xbox!
All other games load fine, UC2 gives an error about it not being able to recognize the disc.

Sounds like no one else is having this problem, so the game is still a good buy. I just want to figure out what's wrong (and, no, my system is not modded)