Are These Events Isolated? Or the Ugly Face of Christianity In America

eldad9

CAGiversary!
Feedback
41 (100%)
MEMPHIS, Tenn. -- Iraqis visiting on a civil rights tour were barred from city hall after the city council chairman said it was too dangerous to let them in.

Elisabeth Silverman, the group's host and head of the Memphis Council for International Visitors, said Brown told her he would "evacuate the building and bring in the bomb squads" if the group entered.
Link to Memphis story

CHESHIRE - Preventing the curtain from coming up on a play because its content offends a religious group is censorship, in violation of the First Amendment to the Constitution, a free speech expert said Tuesday.
A representative of the Connecticut Catholic Conference suggested the town consider local regulations to prevent theater that offends people's religious beliefs.

Before the Cheshire Performing and Fine Arts Commission opened the play last Thursday, a group of Catholics opposed to the performance sent e-mails to Town Manager Michael Milone and the Town Council asking that the production be canceled. They are now asking the town to create a screening process for productions it funds.
link to Cheshire story

Let me know if you want more, I can post at least 3-4 stories a day.

[quote name='Cornfedwb']Yea, I'd pretty much this is officially "being an ass and/or being a troll"[/quote]

I agree, but you have to admit that the original Islam topic falls into those categories as well as being religiously intolerant.

I say keep this off off-topic and put it into the 'political and controversy' forum, as this is bound to ellict violent and inflammatory responses, as well as PAD's post.

Probably a good suggestion. I didn't even look at which board it was, I just clicked on 'new topic' from that other topic, so feel free to move them both.

Eh, don't listen to anyones shit eldad, you're just becoming a martyr. Seriously, all we need is a "Are These Events Isolated? Or the Ugly Face of Judaism In America" topic so there can be equality in the flames.

2817.jpg

Me?

Can't we all just take sanctuary in the fact that we are all a bunch of cheappasses? We're not on the extremes of either sides. We're all about saving a buck. A darn good cause if you ask me.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']Eh, don't listen to anyones shit eldad, you're just becoming a martyr. Seriously, all we need is a "Are These Events Isolated? Or the Ugly Face of Judaism In America" topic so there can be equality in the flames.[/quote]

I completely agree, but -

Jews have been persecuted far longer, so they don't tend to do this kind of thing (except of course in Israel where they're the majority, just like Christians are the majority here).

Of course I may be wrong. Feel free to either discuss or ignore, I don't care either way, just don't call me a racist.

Well I gotta admit the forst one is pretty bad, I think that councilman needs a quick head examination, and I commend those delegates for being undertanding, I know I probably couldn't be.

As for the second article, I fail to see how that's the "ugly face" of Christians. It's a protest against something they deem offensive, which is the right of American citizen and has been performed at one time or another by w sect of most all major religions. Granted many comments made in the article aren't intelligent (some can even be offensive), but news sources rarely print those anyhow. Also I've heard about Calarco's play from a friend that goes to college in NY and read some excerpts. Personally, from what I know about it thus far, I think it does have many negative stereotypes about Catholic schools in it, and I can tell you firsthand what they are really like. Then again I don't think it should be censred, we should save censorship for the truly awful things.

All of the major conflicts in the world all thorough history have been caused by either Islam or Christianity. The human races interpration of religion is what causes all the worlds problems

this is just a play on PittsburghAfterDark "news" of the growing islamic problem, I didnt see all u people bitchin then, I find that very interesting

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']this is just a play on PittsburghAfterDark "news" of the growing islamic problem, I didnt see all u people bitchin then, I find that very interesting[/quote]

Sorry we weren't all "bitchin'" then, I haven't even read the other thread. I don't think I'm bitching so much as giving my opinion, but seeing as how I'm not islamic and don't know too much about the religion anyhow, my opinions wouldn't be worth much.

the reason we're "bitching" is because you obviously read PAD's post, and instead of posting your opinion, or saying that you didnt agree with it, you started this thread, which is basically just like his except you did it to be a smartass. I dont agree with his Islamic thread, but its getting annoying when everytime he posts something, somebody makes a thread almost exactly like it, but with a few words changed to make it "funny" i guess. I dont necessarily agree with alot of the things he posts, but i dont go start a smartass thread everytime i dont agree with him.

that is why i said this thread was a troll thread. It has nothing to do with me liking Pres. Bush. Like i said before, i dont agree with Islamic thread, but the OP of this thread could have easily been put into that thread, in which case it wouldnt be considered trolling.

bread's done
Back