Final Fantasy III (DS) $34 shipped at Amazon

I was just wondering, is there a chance that this game will be cheaper at a Best Buy or Circuit City? The only reason is that I thought most games had a suggested retail price of $39.99 like Final Fantasy III above, but most ACTUALLY sell for $34.99 in stores, games like Mario Kart DS, NSMB, etc. Or am I wrong and that if it has an MSRP for $39.99, then it will definately go for $39.99 at a major chain like BB or CC?

If you look at EB Games, they're quoting $40 so it might be the true price. Granted, BB/CC might run a promotion in the first week, but you'll also have to pay sales tax. Regardless, seems like a solid deal.

Ah crap! A month ago, Gamestop.com was quoting it for $34.99. Now it's $5 more than that. That sucks! Looks like I'll have to jump on this while I still can.

AHHHHH. I don't know what to do. Basically its like buying the game at a store for $32.25 (considering if you go to a store and bought it, with tax, that brings the total to $34). That's like $8 off the MSRP.

Yeah, I'm definitely preordering this now. If I catch wind that it'll be cheaper somewhere else before the game releases, I can always cancel the order.

Thank you, CheapyD!

Just be aware the release date is wrong on the amazon page. It doesn't release until November 14th so it's a longer wait.

Final Fantasy III Dated
Square Enix sets the day its "missing epic" finally arrives.
by David Adams

August 21, 2006 - In a tickle to RPG fans on the go, Square Enix announced today that Final Fantasy III for the Nintendo DS will arrive in North America on November 14, at which time players will at last have a chance at the one Final Fantasy title which never made it to the States (the Final Fantasy III we saw for Super Nintendo was Japan's Final Fantasy VI).

http://ds.ign.com/articles/726/726838p1.html

wow great deal CheapyD. I just hate preordering though! I'm guessing this game's going to get the reviews I'm looking for, but I just like to be really sure!

bread's done
Back