So who just felt that earthquake?

I felt one here in suburban Chicago once. It was 2, maybe 3 years ago. It felt like someone was outside pushing the house for a couple seconds, and then there was a sound like something running across the roof. Being from where I'm from, I had no idea what the how'd ya do was going on until I saw the report that there was an earthquake the next day at that exact time. Pretty crazy.

I felt one about 3 weeks ago here in Oregon at 3am. I was lying in bed half asleep and it felt like a huge truck was rumbling around downstairs silently or somebody was having sex in my bed without me. It was some crazy shit that lasted about 15 seconds.

Haha yeah that was about 2 years ago. I was sleeping and it felt like someone violently shook my bed...freaked me out pretty bad as I was half asleep and had no clue wtf happened. That kinda stuff isn't normal in Chicago...its like snow in L.A.

Sorry to go off topic-

I've lived in New Jersey all my life and have never felt an "earthquake" or anything until 1999 when I went to California for E3.

I was working for a PlayStation website and there was 4 of us crammed into a room at an East LA Hilton.

One night I got back late, so I had to sleep on the floor. The next morning, I woke up when someone was gently shaking me like "hey, wake up", and I rolled over and NO ONE WAS THERE. I was sleeping under the window and looked up and the blinds were gently rocking back and forth. I wasn't scared or anything, I was just like "huh".

Later in the morning when everyone was up I mentioned it, and my roomates (and the people in the next room over) didn't feel it. They said I came back drunk and imagined it.

But I didn't. I witnessed what I guess you Californians call a tremor.

I guess living on the east coast, I've never had to worry about it. Though living in VA, worst we have to worry about is severe hurricane. I think the last really bad one to hit was back in the 60s.

Last time we had one we had to worry about was Isabelle back in 03. I was living across the street from the beach in Norfolk at the time. It wasn't too bad for us, though our apartments trash dumpster got swpet away and never found. Worst part was the Harrison Fishing Pier got completly destroyed. Which sucked because it had been there for about 20-30+ years. At least its been rebuilt, but it took the bitch that owns the property two years to get off her alcoholic ass to rebuild it

[quote name='epobirs']Sorry, that was me. Gotta be careful about my lactose intake these days.[/quote]

ahahaha :lol:

so you've been eating alot of Buffalo Wings at Hooters? :bouncy:

We have had a very in Mass. One was pretty strong at around 3.0, you could really feel it. And strong in the way that normally here there isn't one that big.

My favorite is I was hiking and a metorite hit and caused a good skake and a big scare. The best part was they never found where it hit, but it hit upstate NY. If you can't find where it hit then how do you know where it hit? I'm think an alien spacecraft.

[quote name='Xevious']There was an earthquake in my pants but that was from a Burrito I ate.[/quote]

Del Taco FTW!!!

Sorry to hear u had an earthquake, they can be scary and can happen at any given moment in time. I live in wa and we had a 6.8 in 2001. You could actually see road moving like waves on water. It was crazy and it seemed like it wouldnt stop. At least that one was a minor one.

The biggest one I've been in was the 6.5 one in Seattle.

The one good thing that came out of that one was instead of being in classes, we sat in the gym (the only building in the school that wasn't a century old) for the rest of the day. Part of the roof of our school collapsed.

I was getting ready to go upstairs and yell at my neighbors until I realized that it was a slight earthquake (felt it more than the previous one here...maybe it's because it was right near Berkeley) rather than someone getting a little excited...

bread's done
Back