I am the Wii Ambassador for Miami and I just recieved my Wii Welcome Kit!!

glockant

CAGiversary!
I will be hosting a Wii Event for 30 of my friends on Sept 29, 2006 in Miami.
The event will have 6 playable Wii's, 6 flat screen tv's, free food, and free drinks.

As a thank you, Nintendo sent me a brand new Onyx DS Lite and a Wii-mote shaped Welcome Letter.

check out my 1UP for the event details and pics of the Welcome Kit.

http://ant.1up.com

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']I'm going to the one in Los Angeles on Sept 15th! BEAT'D[/quote]

cool.

there's one in Austin as well.

[quote name='omegaweapon7']....30 friends?[/quote]

yup.

i got them all already!

[quote name='glockant']yup.

i got them all already![/quote]
I guess we know why I wasn't chosen. :lol:

We are jealous, but you will still be hated if you don't provide sick video of the event, or in the case that's not allowed, one page of detailed impressions for each game played.

This goes for anyone else who will be at one of the parties as well.

Oh, and send me your onyx DS.

Holy shit, did you sit in the same position and have people place that stuff in your hands?

Congratulations btw, I want one of those nice onyx DS lites, I'll be selling my current DS soon for one.

[quote name='SpottedNigel']BTW, is that look Blue Steel or Magnum?[/quote]
haha!

what can i say, i'm a serious dude.

edit: ok, i added a smiling pic.

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']I'm going to the one in Los Angeles on Sept 15th! BEAT'D[/QUOTE]

I was invited, but I just couldn't afford to go, since I'd have to fly out there. It makes me sad. I've already informed the host that he's to kick you in the head for bragging about it in front of me. ;)

[quote name='botticus']:rofl: Good show.[/quote]

That is more like it. It's just, in my opinion, a Nintendo Ambassador should be fucking happy-go-lucky.

Well, that's good and all.

The most disappointing thing (other than not being invited :rofl:) -
the card from Reggie says this event will occur "several weeks before Wii launches". Crap, if your "party" is Sept. 29th, then we are looking at a November launch - certainly NOT an Oct 2 launch as rumored before.

Oh well... more time to catch up on my PS2 and DS games I suppose.

And no offense - but I hope they include some kids (and older gamers) in these parties and don't keep it all exclusive to gamer-stereotype 20-somethings :lol:. (I count most of CAG in that camp by the way). Hopefully you invited a wide range of people anyway! I know my 6-year old would kick some ass with Mario Galaxy (if given the chance - I'm sure that won't be a playable game there anyway, but you never know).

I totally didnt notice the facial expression and pictures looking like someone placed the items in your hand so you didnt move for each picture. Thats funny.

[quote name='io']Well, that's good and all.

The most disappointing thing (other than not being invited :rofl:) -
the card from Reggie says this event will occur "several weeks before Wii launches". Crap, if your "party" is Sept. 29th, then we are looking at a November launch - certainly NOT an Oct 2 launch as rumored before.

Oh well... more time to catch up on my PS2 and DS games I suppose.

And no offense - but I hope they include some kids (and older gamers) in these parties and don't keep it all exclusive to gamer-stereotype 20-somethings :lol:. (I count most of CAG in that camp by the way). Hopefully you invited a wide range of people anyway! I know my 6-year old would kick some ass with Mario Galaxy (if given the chance - I'm sure that won't be a playable game there anyway, but you never know).[/quote]

actually, i think Mario Galaxy will be there.
along with Wii Sports, WarioWare Smooth Moves, and Twilight Princess.

who knows what else.

30 friends eh? Do you have some sort of disorder where you can't remember their faces? I mean, why else would they need photo ID's?

[quote name='TimPV3']30 friends eh? Do you have some sort of disorder where you can't remember their faces? I mean, why else would they need photo ID's?[/QUOTE]

My guess is because, if I was your "friend" and you hosted a Wii party, I'd show up, use some ether, or a brick, and take all your Wiis.

Party over. For you.

At least this way, they have a list of would-be perpetrators.

[quote name='mykevermin']Nice goin, OP.

And I'm glad to see you shaved in that last pic. Grizzly Adams shouldn't be a Nintendo ambassador. ;)[/quote]

ahaha!

[quote name='mykevermin']My guess is because, if I was your "friend" and you hosted a Wii party, I'd show up, use some ether, or a brick, and take all your Wiis.

Party over. For you.

At least this way, they have a list of would-be perpetrators.[/quote]

Well, you know SOMETHING is going to get stolen, whether it's a balloon or a Wii.

[quote name='TimPV3']30 friends eh? Do you have some sort of disorder where you can't remember their faces? I mean, why else would they need photo ID's?[/quote]

slow down, cowboy.

Nintendo is requiring photo i.d. to get into the event.

this is obviously an elaborate prank....those pics are photoshopped...all of them...:lol:

j/k of course...why are those lines blacked out on the card?

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']hey glockant do you know of any more of these on the East Coast?[/quote]

so far i have heard of

san francisco
l.a.
denver
austin
chicago
miami
nyc

and there is rumor that there might be one in philly.

[quote name='Jedi1979']this is obviously an elaborate prank....those pics are photoshopped...all of them...:lol:

j/k of course...why are those lines blacked out on the card?[/quote]

confidential information the public doesn't need.

[quote name='DeathDealer']Is the black DS as bad as the PSP with fingerprints? And I know its already been asked, but how did you get selected?[/quote]

the outside is glossy, so you see fingerprints.
the inside is not glossy.

i signed up for the program earlier in the year on their site.

and then they called and selected me.

Congrats, Ant!

However, two things stand out to me after looking at the pics.

One-- Nintendo is providing FREE ALCOHOL?!!

and two...Nice shot of Lysol by the computer...haha...disinfect that fuck, yeah!..

[quote name='keithp']Congrats, Ant!

However, two things stand out to me after looking at the pics.

One-- Nintendo is providing FREE ALCOHOL?!!

and two...Nice shot of Lysol by the computer...haha...disinfect that fuck, yeah!..[/quote]

yes, yes they are. i couldn't believe it myself.

haha.

bread's done
Back