CAG NBA 2K5 League Week 9 Ready (deadline on 7/31)

craven_fiend

CAGiversary!
Feedback
112 (100%)
Week 9

Sacramento @ Philadelphia

Chicago @ Minnesota

Houston @ Boston

Dallas @ Miami

San Antonio @ Denver

Teams and their Owners

Boston Celtics - sj41 Aim: StickyWaffles20
Chicago Bulls - sighlintbob
Denver Nuggests - Lexian Aim: PeeKay53
Dallas Mavericks - maxflight Aim: flight2max
Houston Rockets - gomer1andonly Aim: Gomer1andonly
Miami Heat - craven_fiend Aim: craven fiend
Minnesota Timberwolves - Matt Young Aim: X Matt Young X
Philadelphia 76ers - mtimisone
Sacramento Kings - repetske
San Antonio Spurs - FrankySox Aim: K J L FD skl

Also, check the post below to see where you sit in the rankings.

[quote name='RandyTsai']hay craven can you add my aim for easy contact in the first post
aim - randytsai[/QUOTE]

Alright, and if anyone else wants me to add there AIM name, let me know.

Damn it. I draw gomer my first game. At least I don't have to deal with ChrisXE and those blasted Mavs of his.

AIM: MSB1104, but PMs work better here since I check this site often.

[quote name='jlarlee']jlarlee13 is my AIM tonight might be dodgy but we may find a window to get it in[/QUOTE]

Yeah larlee, big night for practice on halo 2. haha, especially after the debacles last night

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Damn it. I draw gomer my first game. At least I don't have to deal with ChrisXE and those blasted Mavs of his.

AIM: MSB1104, but PMs work better here since I check this site often.[/QUOTE]

LOL, yeah Chris and his Mavs can be a pain. Last game he and I played, he double teamed every person cause he didnt know L called for a double and I lost cause of that crap. I do believe I hold the overall record over him so its all good. Good luck to everyone during the season. I plan on bringing Yao and Tmac all the way!!!

My AIM is X Matt Young X, but I still can't get instant messenger services to work properly most of the time due to some problem with my computer, so PMs or this thread may be the best way to get in touch with me.

Speaking of PMs, Lexian, I got yours. I'm not sure what I'm doing on those days since I don't usually make plans too far in advance, so just name a general time range and we should be able to make something work.

Bump to check out the current games situation. Mtimisone and I will be playing our game within the hour, so hopefully some of you guys can get your games in too.

[quote name='craven_fiend']Bump to check out the current games situation. Mtimisone and I will be playing our game within the hour, so hopefully some of you guys can get your games in too.[/QUOTE]

My game was supposed to happen today at 6:30. I was there and waiting and saw SteveMcQ on but never on NBA2k5. Problems possibly?

Awww...was I on Ghost Recon 2? Apologies, I thought I'd get an invite or something to remind me, but I forget that those aren't reliable. My fault Gomer hopefully we can reschedule (PM me) and I will be certain I have NBA in this time. Again, I'm really sorry about that.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Awww...was I on Ghost Recon 2? Apologies, I thought I'd get an invite or something to remind me, but I forget that those aren't reliable. My fault Gomer hopefully we can reschedule (PM me) and I will be certain I have NBA in this time. Again, I'm really sorry about that.[/QUOTE]

Its cool dude, I saw you go from Ghost Recon to the main Xbox Live and then you were gone. Waited about 20 minutes and then gave up. Figured you had probs or something so it was no biggie. We'll shoot for Saturday if its cool with you. Just let me know when and it should be cool.

[quote name='craven_fiend']Bump to check out the current games situation. Mtimisone and I will be playing our game within the hour, so hopefully some of you guys can get your games in too.[/QUOTE]

I got a PM from Lexian before I even saw this thread, and he's going to be busy, but I've repleid to his PM and posted here hoping that we can agree on a time. I'll be available tomorrow afternoon for sure.

Bump, it looks like the 3rd quarters are going to be the quarters that kill me this time around. Only scored 12 points in the entire quarter. Ahh shit happens, next up....haha larlee.

Randy and I got our game in. New difficulty =no more 40 point games for pierce. Although I love having toine back on my team both for his shooting and rebounding

[quote name='jlarlee']Randy and I got our game in. New difficulty =no more 40 point games for pierce. Although I love having toine back on my team both for his shooting and rebounding[/QUOTE]

It also means, no more 20+ assist nights for my PG. Although Wade did chip in with 33, but was 7 of 24 from 3 point land. Had to take an ass load in the fourth and couldn't hit either of the Jones wide open. And well Shaq, he didn't heat up until the 4th.

Gomer--how 'bout tomorrow early afternoon. I'll be out running in the morning and I have to be out late afternoon and all night most likely so that's the only time I have. I'm looking at somewhere between 12pmEST-4pmEST unless something comes up. Sorry again for not getting to you last time.

Sounds fine to me, I'll be on from time to time and see if you're on. I'll be sure to send you a message if you're in a different game. Or you can always send me an IM on AIM since my name is always on.

Good game SteveMcQ, I swear I dunno if they changed the Rockets after their collapse against Dallas in the playoffs but they couldnt do anything right for me today. They couldnt even intentionally foul right, Weatherspoon was running backwards fouling air for about 5 seconds. Yao and Tmac missing layups, Sura stealing the ball and ending up out of bounds giving you a new 24 second clock, having 8 total rebounds when your team had 8 offensive ones. Just not my game today lol.

I thought TMac was gonna light me up. They overlayed the stats at one point in the second half and he only had 4 points. The offensive rebounds were what made the game for me. Miller alone had 8 offensive boards I think.

I like the settings of the new league. Are they even different? Not every shot goes down which is great.

the difficulty is two levels higher. I agree im glad we didn't go for the top difficulty because its so hard to hit a shot it takes the fun out. it also forces you to play a team game and overuse one person

I'm with you guys on the difficulty being alot better. Just sucks cause I live on HOF mode when I play on live but my team couldnt do crap today on Superstar. Oh well, made up for it by beating a guy in HOF mode who was 25-1. Please let that game be my turn around lol.

Alright, we're just waiting on Matt and Lexian to get there games played. After looking at the pm I got from FrankySox last weekend, he is gone until tomorrow. The cut off for the first week is tonight, so Max gets the win by default.

So come on Matt and Lexian, get your game played today.

I'm in the middle of my finals week and so I'm at my apartment, not at my "other home" where I keep my Xbox, so I can't play this week. I thought I might get a chance to go home but I really had to study this weekend. So I'll forfeit this week to Matt, sorry about that. Next week I'll be finished up and on break so this won't be a problem anymore.

Alright, I will go ahead and advance the league tomorrow, that way the next deadline is Thursday. And hopefully Franky is back to play his opponent for next week. I don't want this to fall apart guys. So everyone try there best to make games. I understand Lexian's situation though.

Also, larlee, I will be available tomorrow evening to play our game.

[quote name='Lexian']Is there any way you could make the deadline friday instead of Thursday?[/QUOTE]

Its saet for a 5 day deadline. So 5 days after i advance it.

Schedule advanced today. I will be willing to extend just this week so Lexian is able to play, but this will be the only extension. And I am not sure what Franky's situation is.

I havent had a chance to get on Live to see whos facing who this week. Is there a chance that the OP can have the schedule for this week (like it did for week one) so I can get a hold of my opponent. Thanks!!!!

As much as I hate to say this, its not my responsibility to post the schedule for you guys. I did it week one to try and get the league kick started, but that didn't really help too much. I will post it for this week, but not next week. Its going to be your responsibility to check the league website for the schedule as of next week.

PMed Franky about our game.

As for the schedules, I know it takes some work, but if some league member would be willing to do it, I'd appreciate it. I can't ever log into the website either in FF or IE and after having cleared all the cookies. I don't know what the deal is with that.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']PMed Franky about our game.

As for the schedules, I know it takes some work, but if some league member would be willing to do it, I'd appreciate it. I can't ever log into the website either in FF or IE and after having cleared all the cookies. I don't know what the deal is with that.[/QUOTE]
I replied to your PM. I will be on tonight after 6:00 cst, and I can play anytime tommorow after 11:30 am.

I sympathize my firefox won't run it. So for you all I dusted off my IE
Week 2
POINTS REBOUNDS ASSISTS
Miami 69, Boston 59 Pierce 27 Walker 14 Wade 17
Philadelphia @ Denver N/A N/A N/A
Dallas @ Chicago N/A N/A N/A
San Antonio @ Sacramento N/A N/A N/A
Minnesota @ Houston N/A N/A N/A

[quote name='craven_fiend']Hey larlee, look at the OP. Taken care of earlier. I will just copy and paste it every week.[/QUOTE]
darn you I went through all of those popups for nothing

[quote name='jlarlee']darn you I went through all of those popups for nothing[/QUOTE]

Haha, I figured it was the easiest thing I could do, in an already hectic day. Now back to cleaning.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Great game FrankySox. 'Zo was something else. Who needs Duncan?

Anyone willing to offer me a trade?[/QUOTE]

And to think, I didn't figure Zo would be available in this weeks game. If I had some stuff to offer you Steve, I would, but I don't feel like moving Wade or Shaq, since that would be what I would need to give up to get what I want from Sac Town.

bread's done
Back