Disgea 2 for $39.99 at Gamecrazy in Eastland shopping center West Covina

[quote name='Scorch']Doesn't matter, it'll be 49.99 when they ring it up.[/quote]

If the price tag says a cheaper price, then they are required by law to sell it at that price regardless of whether or not it's a mistake. Mine rang up $50, but I told them what the price tag said.

[quote name='klyco']If the price tag says a cheaper price, then they are required by law to sell it at that price regardless of whether or not it's a mistake. Mine rang up $50, but I told them what the price tag said.[/QUOTE]

Don't most retail stores have a policy stating they have the right to refuse, depending on the mistake?

[quote name='asianxcore']Don't most retail stores have a policy stating they have the right to refuse, depending on the mistake?[/quote]

Not if it's by law. I have a few friends who work in retail, and they told me that they have to do it too. I wish I knew about the law when blockbuster had FF1and2 for GBA for 6 bucks.

[quote name='klyco']Not if it's by law. I have a few friends who work in retail, and they told me that they have to do it too.[/QUOTE]

I work retail as well, but I had always been under the idea that the store had the final say.

If that is the law, that you have to give whatever price is on the shelf, what is stopping customers from just randomly moving over price tags to get big items for next to nothing? There just has to be some kind of final say from managers. I can understand giving it to the customer if it's within a $10-15+ dollar range, but what if its over that? What if someone changes a label for something as big as a basketball hoop set and puts a tennis ball cannister price on it?

Obviously most places won't honor that because of the label description. We all assume people can read, but choose not to.

But in your case, you are correct, they should honor it, as Gamecrazy doesn't have descriptions for their prices, so it probably just said "$39.99" in green underneath the game.

[quote name='klyco']Not if it's by law. I have a few friends who work in retail, and they told me that they have to do it too.[/QUOTE]

I work retail as well, but I had always been under the idea that the store had the final say.

If that is the law, that you have to give whatever price is on the shelf, what is stopping customers from just randomly moving over price tags to get big items for next to nothing? There just has to be some kind of final say from managers. I can understand giving it to the customer if it's within a $10-15+ dollar range, but what if its over that? What if someone changes a label for something as big as a basketball hoop set and puts a tennis ball cannister price on it?

Obviously most places won't honor that because of the label description. We all assume people can read, but choose not to.

But in your case, you are correct, they should honor it, as Gamecrazy doesn't have descriptions for their prices, so it probably just said "$39.99" in green underneath the game.

[quote name='asianxcore']I work retail as well, but I had always been under the idea that the store had the final say.

But in your case, you are correct, they should honor it, as Gamecrazy doesn't have descriptions for their prices, so it probably just said "$39.99" in green underneath the game.[/quote]
Thats true, but many stores I been to have it either so that the sticker is cut, making it hard to remove, or the pricetag is on the shelf with the name of the product.

In Gamecrazy's case, they had the green price tag under the game as well as one in the glass display with a green price tag (same as the ones under the game) on top of it.

As for the limit, I'm not really sure about it. Most mistakes arent very huge, so I doubt you'll see a 360 with a $30 price tag.

[quote name='klyco']It's still $39.99.[/QUOTE]

They must be lazy AND dumb. Most retail employees would pull the sign right after realizing the price was wrong. Which would be right after you bought it :)

[quote name='asianxcore']They must be lazy AND dumb. Most retail employees would pull the sign right after realizing the price was wrong. Which would be right after you bought it :)[/quote]

LoL. Must be the manager. I remember talking to one of the employee's and he told me the new manager was a bitch to the workers but didnt know what went on 80% of the time. I also remember that someone move one of the middle game racks and the manager assumed either me or the employee did it.

bread's done
Back