Donkey Konga 1, 2, & Donkey Kong Jungle Beat all w/Drums $19.99 each at Frys

nintendogamer

CAG Veteran
Feedback
2 (100%)
Fry's Electronics in San Jose (Brokaw) has Donkey Konga 1 & 2, and Jungle Beat for $19.99 each, all with drums. There were about 4 of each title left. Some were not marked down, but at the counter they scanned up at $19.99, Campbell Fry's had them marked at $19.99 but only had Donkey Konga 1 & 2

[quote name='nintendogamer']Fry's Electronics in San Jose (Brokaw) has Donkey Konga 1 & 2, and Jungle Beat for $19.99 each, all with drums. There were about 4 of each title left. Some were not marked down, but at the counter they scanned up at $19.99, Campbell Fry's had them marked at $19.99 but only had Donkey Konga 1 & 2[/quote]
gah gonna have to get my brother to pick me up one

[quote name='David85']Donkey Konga 1 online does not include the drums.[/QUOTE]Are you sure about that, David85? The Outpost description below the title for DK1 ends with: "Includes one DK Bongos controller."

http://shop2.outpost.com/product/4199203

A friend of mine might be interested in this if the controller's included, so I might have to call just to make sure.

I'm pretty sure DK1 was never sold without the Bongos.

EDIT: I hate Outpost's shipping, but I'm in for Jungle Beat w/ bongos. 27 dollars shipped.. still a good deal!

[quote name='kaw']I'm pretty sure DK1 was never sold without the Bongos.

EDIT: I hate Outpost's shipping, but I'm in for Jungle Beat w/ bongos. 27 dollars shipped.. still a good deal![/quote]
DK1 was sold without bongos, they still have copies at my local TRU

[quote name='VidgamesgivemeA_D_D']ah crap I have to pay sales tax and shipping. Ruins it for me.

Out of curiosity all the bongos work on each of the other games right?[/quote]
yep, i have 4 bongos and the japanese donkey kongas 1+2 and they work perfectly :D

Edit: FYI the japanese songs are MUCH MUCH better than the english ones

Thanks OP! I went to my local Fry's and I got both Donkey Konga 1 and Donkey Kong Jungle Beat w/ Drums for $20 each. I also picked up Donkey Konga 2 by itself for $15 and got the Pelican Drums for $5, bringing my grand total to $64 (after taxes) for three conga games and three conga sets. Very awesome deal.

BTW, anybody have any experience with the Pelican drums? Is there any quality difference from the official ones?

[quote name='basketkase543']BTW, anybody have any experience with the Pelican drums? Is there any quality difference from the official ones?[/quote]

Yeah, I don't like them at all... the Nintendo drums have great responsiveness and a soft touch top. You can hit them anywhere on the head. The Pelicans have a drum head that is hard and thin, and you have to hit it right in the middle or it won't register. I would return the Pelicans... that is what I did.

[quote name='magikman']Yeah, I don't like them at all... the Nintendo drums have great responsiveness and a soft touch top. You can hit them anywhere on the head. The Pelicans have a drum head that is hard and thin, and you have to hit it right in the middle or it won't register. I would return the Pelicans... that is what I did.[/QUOTE]

Aw shit, seriously? I had two options at Fry's: 1) They had one DK 2 w/ drums bundle BUT it was an opened item, or 2) Buy DK 2 for $15 by itself and the Pelican drums seperately for $5, which is what I did. Anybody recommend going for the open one instead? When it comes from Fry's, chances are ALL of my items are open-boxed anyways.

The DK:JB and DKa2 both have Bongos in the title while the Dka1 doesn't. ZDId anyone order them and get them yet?

My Jungle Beat with bongos just arrived. This should probably be moved out of the regional / West forum and in the regular VG deals forum since it's online.

Just to let everyone know, if you happen to miss out on this I've seen some of the games w/ Bongos for $21 at Toys R Us and I saw at least Jungle Beat for $20 at Walmart. I figure the Toys R Us deal is pretty much everyone, but Walmart may just be that store.

You might want to check Circuit City if you guys have one in your area I just bought the DK2 bundle for 19.99 seems like everyone is trying to clear them out now.

[quote name='David85']The DK:JB and DKa2 both have Bongos in the title while the Dka1 doesn't. ZDId anyone order them and get them yet?[/QUOTE]

I just got home and opened my package.

I ordered DK1, DK2, and DKJB. Drums come with all of them, even DK 1.

Fantastic deal - $68 shipped for all 3 games and 3 sets of bongos. Got here in about 2 days, too!

So I just played Donkey Konga 1 for the first time (I still have DK2 and Jungle Beat to go), and while the game is fun, MAN the song selection is strange. Itsy Bitsy Spider? WTF? I sure hope they left the nursery rhymes out of DK2.

I just need Jungle Beat...So Walmart, Circuit City, & Toys r us have this for 19.99? Can someone else confirm this...Thanks

[quote name='rcaido']I just need Jungle Beat...So Walmart, Circuit City, & Toys r us have this for 19.99? Can someone else confirm this...Thanks[/QUOTE]

Game Crazy has it for this price.

Anybody know whether the Vegas Fry's is doing this and whether or not this region free for Fry's?

[quote name='rcaido']I went to Toys r us...Jungle Beat w/ Bongos is 27.99

Going to Walmart today....[/QUOTE]

Well if you are only buying that then that isn't too bad.

What can i say, im a cheapass gamer...The best price to get Jungle Beat w/Bongos is $15...That's what my wallet tells me, so i'm willing to wait for Toys r us to drop the price...

Walmart had nothing BTW

bread's done
Back