Enlist in the Wombat Liberation Army! *** UPDATED 10-NOV-2006 ***

Scobie

CAGiversary!
*** IMPORTANT BULLETIN ***

Fellow CAGs, it is with a spirit of comradery and good will that I humbly announce the emergence of the Wombat Liberation Army. We are the proud and devoted supporters of Wombat, and we are legion. If we were superlicious babes instead of a bunch of McGriddle-eatin' nerds, we would buy Wombat thongs from the CAG Schwag store for ourselves, and that would be pretty hot.

Instead, we have organized in reaction to many alarming developments leading to the oppression of Wombat, among them the infamous 40th Episode of the CAGcast, the cruel and unusual working conditions (sniffing half-n-half is no fit way to make a living), and the bizarre canine ass-plague contracted by his lovable dog Zelda.

Our manifesto is simple:
-- To show our appreciation of Wombat's unique comedic talents,
-- To form a solidarity block against anti-Wombatism here and abroad, and
-- To help cement Wombat's position as a legitimate voice in video game journalism.

Our list of demands is clear:
-- We demand an environment where one can sink over 200 hours into Oblivion and not be mocked for it.
-- We demand recognition of the legitimacy of Master Chiefs with purple helmets.
-- We demand that this transmission be read on the next CAGcast.
-- We demand that CheapyD send Wombat some cool Japan-only Nintendo trinkets.
-- We demand full press credentials so that Wombat may attend and report on regional gaming media events.
-- And more importantly, we demand that game publishers send free review copies to Wombat NOW! (Or at least starting with the Wii launch.)

Towards this end, I encourage all fans of Wombat to post in this thread to show their support and adopt or modify the WLA avatar and signature banner, or create your own to show your support for Wombat (thanks to Whip Smart Banky and OneTrackMind for their brilliant support). 5277 FOR LIFE!

Let us rise up from the shadows and stand united in support of Wombat. Alone, we are voiceless... together, we shall be heard!

*** END TRANSMISSION ***
------------------------------
Edit1: 25-SEP-2006 -- Thank you, everyone! On the eve of this Friday past, you could hear the wind rustling through the streets and birds chirping in the trees while faint echoes of cannon fire sounded in the distance. On Saturday, 23 September 2006, heretofore known as Wombat Liberation Day, you rose up in unprecedented numbers in a daring show of support for our friend Wombat, pushing back the forces of oppression.

Your actions have been selfless, courageous, and more importantly, hilarious! Every corner of cheapassggamer.com now knows of us and our cause. A small and muddle-headed band of opponents attempted to thwart our efforts in a failed attempt to organize a pro-Cheapy guild. They have been forced to stand down!

In the coming hours, I will update this post once again with a WLA Wall of Heroes to acknowledge some of the more creative and selfless actions by WLA members that have helped to urge this noble movement onward.

Viva le Wombat!
Edit2: 25-SEP-2006 -- THE WOMBAT LIBERATION ARMY WALL OF HEROES
Wombat - The source of our inspiration! Viva le Wombat!
WhipSmartBanky - Designed the original WLA avatar
OneTrackMind - Designed the original WLA signature banner and several others
Graystone - Early supporter of the WLA; one of the most active and proud members - thank you!
Strell - Endless source of amusement; Provided a delightful image of a wombat solider on p. 1
yukine - Modified WLA avatars for Graystone, lebowsky, Technique, and sying
Maklershed - Modified WLA avatars for botticus, thespillcanvas, 6669, and Derwood43
Darkside Hazuki - Modified WLA avatars for PawnTakesKing and danito
umcthomas - Modified a new WLA signature banner for people to use
Technique - Modified WLA avatars for seanr1221, and munch
GuilewasNK - Modified WLA avatars for integralsmatic, Kfoster1979, Ma12kez, Danimal (plus sig banner), n3xus1, 2Fast
Tiphireth - Contributed several humorous WLA pictures throughout the thread
spamfree2 - Did an amazing job with Mattte's WLA avatar and gunm's sig banner, also modified an avatar for 2Fast
Edit3: 26-SEP-2006 -- Here are some fantastic alternate WLA sig banners created by onetrackmind! Enjoy!

And some WLA banners from Don Wuebos!

thesigzorz1.jpg

Enjoy, comrades!
Edit4: 10-NOV-2006 -- I have decided to venture into the great wilderness of Wombat Fan Fiction. Coming soon to a new post in this forum! God bless Wombat, God bless CAG, and may God continue to bless America!

Just wondering, why did you use French? Though I'm amazed I pretty much understood all of it despite having not used French since high school...

[quote name='Squee']Just wondering, why did you use French? Though I'm amazed I pretty much understood all of it despite having not used French since high school...[/QUOTE]

Largely to further enhance comedic value!

The banner text is the final verse to the "Chant des Partisans" which was the most famous song of the Free France movement in WWII. I think it suits our cause well. It roughly translates into:

"Here, each one of us knows what one wants, and what one does when he passes by;
Friend, if you fall, a friend emerges from the dark to take your place.
Tomorrow, black blood shall dry out in the sun on the roads
Sing, companions, for that in the night freedom listens to us."

Viva Le Wombat! Viva! Viva!

What's your mission Wombat? Are you going to toilet-paper JimmieMac's house? What about all those PS3 fanboys that look down on your Elder Scrolls Activities?

[quote name='Graystone']Reporting for duty. So who do we kill first?[/QUOTE]

Phase 1: Organize the Wombat Liberation Army!
Phase 2: ...
Phase 3: Profit!

... Be sure to adopt the WLA signature banner folks! Momentum is building! This means a lot to Wombat and certainly to all of us -- his fans!!

Let's really put our weight on it and run that little guy all the way up to the top of the charts!

Good evening.

In less than an hour, users from here will join others from around the world wide web. And you will be launching the largest internet battle in the history of Wombats. "Wombats." That word should have new meaning for all of us today. We can't be consumed by our petty differences anymore. We will be united in our common interests. Perhaps it's fate that today is the Twenty-third of September, 2006, and you will once again be fighting for our freedom... Not from tyranny, oppression, or persecution... but from annihilation. We are fighting for our right to live. To exist. And should we win the day, the Twenty-third of September, 2006 will no longer be known as a Saturday, but as the day the world declared in one voice: "We will not go quietly into the night! We will not vanish without a fight!" We're going to live on! We're going to survive! Today we celebrate our Wombat Liberation Day!

My Liberation Army is so underground that you guys don't even know about it...

[quote name='Scobie']Phase 1: Organize the Wombat Liberation Army!
![/QUOTE]

fuck that I wanna kill. Thats it you made me do it. I'm going to go eat a pizza. See what you've made me do. It was an innocent pizza now it will suffer a slow death via bile and acid.

[quote name='Z-Saber']I'm in!

EDIT: And when I get back, American Hot Mario is getting a bandana.[/QUOTE]
For those who wish to add the bandana to their own avatar, here's the original bandana art, as a lossless PNG. Yes, it looks funny if you look at it in a web browser, but it'll show up fine in your graphics program of choice.

Viva la WLA. I feel like Eva Peron, wait that doesnt sound right. Archduke Francis Ferdinand maybe? Either way we are one step closer to domination, follow me. (trips on own shoelaces, Zelda licks face as I lie on the floor until Mrs Wombat gets home)

[quote name='doctorfaustus']Somebody wanna bandana my avatar? I don't have the elite skills. :([/quote]Me either, so I'm just wingin' it.

I'm in. Wombat and his fans have had to suffer oppression for far too long -- it's time for change.

Viva la Wombat Revolution!

Gentlemen, I have never been so proud to be a CAG! Let us carry forward for great justice!

The Wombat Liberation Army is rising in every corner of the globe! This is our finest hour! Remember the Wombat! (And let's all be careful not to split our jeans whilst marching up that hill to glory!)

[quote name='doctorfaustus']Somebody wanna bandana my avatar? I don't have the elite skills. :([/quote]

Not to be a leech, but anyone...? thanks in advance :D

[quote name='Wombat']Viva la WLA. I feel like Eva Peron, wait that doesnt sound right. Archduke Francis Ferdinand maybe? Either way we are one step closer to domination, follow me. (trips on own shoelaces, Zelda licks face as I lie on the floor until Mrs Wombat gets home)[/QUOTE]
Arch Duke? I was thinking more along the lines of Musolini, minus the being skinned to death thing (Damn fur-trappers). Whatever though. I'll join your cult.

Can Cheapy please change the avatar file size limit to like 15kbs? 9.8 seems a little weird and I can only get my Wombat avatar down to 10kbs, but even then it looks like crap.

can someone with more leet photoshop skills who knows how to make the bandanas larger without messing up the quality add them onto the Deltron heads in my sig for me?

I am in!!!

I request that I be Wombat's Knight of Death, who is willing to slay any and all who oppose our leader's immediate world domination!

WAR WOMBAT!!!!

bread's done
Back