EB- Trade 3 (GBA games), get 1 free (PS3) OR Trade 4 DVDs get 1 Free blu ray movie.

gamer602

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
This is EB's BEST DEAL!!!

This deal is back! Just trade in ANY THREE (DS, GBA, GC, PSP PS2, Xbox, X360, PS3, Wii) games each worth $8 or more at Eb and get a new game for free. Any game released in the last week, or a preorder will work.

OR
Trade ANY FOUR DVD movies and get a blu ray movie for free!​

Always preorder the most expensive game/dvd on the list and return it later for FULL CREDIT!!!

some stores will require the games/dvd to be complete.
some store will let you trade in three same games/dvd.

Example
Zelda wind waker
Mario Sunshine
FF 5 GBS- 16.88 @wal mart last week
EQUALS Zelda,TW for GC! $65 in credits!

OR

Rayman 3 game cube
Brain age ds
Scaler ps2
Those games are $18 each after edge, so u can turn $54 into $70 credit!!!

Those games WILL work.

Just preorder the MOST EXPENSIVE game and return the game for credt!
Use the credits on ANYTHING!!! A DS lite maybe? Trade 6 games and you're really close...

EB's NEW return policy, better than their old one.
14 days return for all used products.
30 days return for all NEW products.
You have till 1/15/007 to return products bought between now and 12/24

[quote name='gamer602']This is EB's BEST DEAL!!!

This deal is back! Just trade in ANY THREE (DS, GBA, GC, PSP PS2, X, X360) games worth $8ea or more at Eb and get a new game for free. Any game released in the last week, or a preorder will work.

I know there will be questions, here are the answers!
YMMV part:
x360, some store will only give u a 360 game if all three games traded in are 360.
Complete, some stores will require the games to be complete.
Same, some store will let you trade in three same games
U pick, some stores will give you a list of games to pick from, while others will let you preorder ANY game.

Example
Metroid Prime 1
Mario Sunshine
TOS EQUALS Zelda,TW for GC! $65 in credits!

Those three game WILL work.

Just preorder the MOST EXPENSIVE game and return the game for credt!
Use the credits on ANYTHING!!! A DS lite maybe? Trade 6 and ur really close...[/quote]hmm...........i have a few fake gba games my bro bought for me from hk, they look kinda authentic, golden sun, FE, and FFT, you think i can get away with it ;)?

[quote name='gunm']Hm, so I can trade in three gba games and get a 360 game???[/quote]only if the 3 you trade in are 360 games, i was at eb today, thats the deal

Wow, that is an amazing deal. If that were in the US I could SO take advantage of it. :lol:

I'm surprised they include GBA games. I know you probably can't get 360 games from GBA, but do they have no problem getting a GC or DS game using GBA games? If so, that is incredible.

As for your example, would Metroid Prime 1 really work? In the US it only trades for $1.50 - can't imagine it is $8 or more Canadian. Hmmm... Now, re-reading the OP I see it says games "worth" $8 or more. If that means the price EB sells them for then obviously that opens up a TON more options! That is incredible if so! Even if they limited the trade-in value to $8 or more, that would be a good deal. Wow... Of course they'd never do that down here :cry:. I'm a good 4-5 hour drive from Canada so I don't think the trip would be worth it.

Can you trade american versions of games at canadian ebgames?

As for your example, would Metroid Prime 1 really work? In the US it only trades for $1.50 - can't imagine it is $8 or more Canadian.

Metroid is $20 used at eb canada.

[quote name='drmarcevil']Can you trade american versions of games at canadian ebgames?

Metroid is $20 used at eb canada.[/quote]yep they are still ntsc games, so its fine

[quote name='io']Wow, that is an amazing deal. If that were in the US I could SO take advantage of it. :lol:

I'm surprised they include GBA games. I know you probably can't get 360 games from GBA, but do they have no problem getting a GC or DS game using GBA games? If so, that is incredible.

As for your example, would Metroid Prime 1 really work? In the US it only trades for $1.50 - can't imagine it is $8 or more Canadian. Hmmm... Now, re-reading the OP I see it says games "worth" $8 or more. If that means the price EB sells them for then obviously that opens up a TON more options! That is incredible if so! Even if they limited the trade-in value to $8 or more, that would be a good deal. Wow... Of course they'd never do that down here :cry:. I'm a good 4-5 hour drive from Canada so I don't think the trip would be worth it.[/quote]

The 8 is the minimum trade in value. Metroid trades for 10. Blockbuster sells it for the same price.

[quote name='gunm']Hm, so I can trade in three gba games and get a 360 game???[/quote]

Trade in three GBA games, preorder Zelda Twilight Princess for Gaecube and move the 65 dollars in credits to ANY X360 game. There's your FREE 360 game. If another retailer sell it fo a lower price within 30 days(their new return policy) return it for a price match. EB will match other stores prices.

Pretty amazing, three GBA games nets you a 360 game.

[quote name='drmarcevil']Can you trade american versions of games at canadian ebgames?

Metroid is $20 used at eb canada.[/quote]

WRONG! it's now 27.99 USED IN CANADA. Trades in for $10
2 years ago, I bought it Used at eb for 11.99+25%off+10%off(edge)

OK, so it is $8 minimum trade-in value. That takes some of the fun out :D, but if things like Metroid Prime get you $10 then I'm sure there are plenty of other games to use as well. Plus being able to use GBA games makes it even better - those are excluded from pretty much all deals down here now, even at Gamerush. Wow, I'm jealous of you hosers.

I've never done this before, so I want to be clear...
I trade in Sonic Adventure DX, Sonic Heroes, and Animal Crossing for a pre-order of The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess.

I then ask them to cancel the pre-order and get $65 in EB Credit? Would I need to leave the store so they don't see my trying to pull this >.>;;

Also, anyone know if they're still running the promo where you trade in a DS Phat for $70 towards a DS Lite? I might get a Lite if I do both of those.

EDIT OMG =D Totally forgot about the Toys R Us "Buy 1 Get 1 Free" going on! So if you get 6 games for $67.80 then you can trade them in for around $120! 12 games at Toys R Us for $135 for EB $260!

[quote name='Firestorm']I've never done this before, so I want to be clear...
I trade in Sonic Adventure DX, Sonic Heroes, and Animal Crossing for a pre-order of The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess.

I then ask them to cancel the pre-order and get $65 in EB Credit? Would I need to leave the store so they don't see my trying to pull this >.>;;

[/QUOTE]

YMMV on being able to pull it off the same day. But just wait a few days and go in and say you changed your mind. It helps if you have something else to buy with it right away. In particularly, it helps if you put it on another preorder (which they will probably ask if you want to do). That way they don't lose the credit for the original preorder (as it helps their numbers). So you could switch it from Zelda to a 360 game if you can't get the 360 game with the original trade-ins.

Is this canada wide? No store in Edmonton has any idea what I'm talking about. Some are running the trade in 3 360 games for 1 x 360 new, while others let you preorder scarface or two other games only. No Twighlight Princess. Also, the stores allowing preorders of the 3 games on their list are pretty strict about complete games and no duplicates.

And Metroid is now worth $5 trade-in in Edmonton. =(

????

Does anyone know the situation in edmonton?

[quote name='gamer602']WRONG! it's now 27.99 USED IN CANADA. Trades in for $10
2 years ago, I bought it Used at eb for 11.99+25%off+10%off(edge)[/quote]

Nope. Went to two EB games today, and both of them had Metroid Prime for $20 used.

As for the advertisement, it says to trade in any 3 XBOX 360 games for a new XBOX 360 game. Not any game for a new 360 game.

That's what it says for the ones I went to, anyways.

[quote name='Ramman77']Nope. Went to two EB games today, and both of them had Metroid Prime for $20 used.

As for the advertisement, it says to trade in any 3 XBOX 360 games for a new XBOX 360 game. Not any game for a new 360 game.

That's what it says for the ones I went to, anyways.[/quote]

I live in Vancouver, so I can't help you there. But the Park Royal Store will let you PREORDER ANY GAME.
They also let you TRADE ANY three games worth more than 8 bucks. GBA games can be CART ONLY. if they won't let you Preorder Zelda, just pick anther 60 dollar game.

Final Fantasy XII: Collector's Edition will be a good title to pre-order =) I'm probably going to go to Metrotown tomorrow or the day after. I have no school tomorrow, but Metro is on my way to school so I might wait a bit...

I'm feeling kinda sick right now =( Anyway, I'm making a list of games that would be good choices to pre-order:

Collectors Editions or have a pre-order bonus. Might not be eligible?
Guitar Hero 2 with Guitar - $95? (It's $80 US)
[PC] Guild Wars Online: Nightfall Collector's Edition with Starter Kit plus Bonus! - $90? (It's $75 US)
Final Fantasy XII: Collector's Edition - $70
Dance Dance Revolution SuperNova Bundle with Bonus! - $70
Scarface: The World is Yours Collector's Edition with Bonus! - $70
Karaoke Revolution: American Idol Bundle - $70
Sopranos Collectors Edition - $60
Tony Hawk's Project 8 with Bonus! - $60
Mortal Kombat Armageddon Premium Edition with Bonus! - $60
Bully Special Edition - $60
Dot.Hack G.U. with Exclusive Figurine - $60
Phantasy Star Universe with Bonus! - $60
Need for Speed: Carbon Collectors Edition - $60
Call of Duty 3 with Bonus! - $60

Should definitely work
[GCN] The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - $60
[GCN] Super Paper Mario - $60
Final Fantasy XII - $60
Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria - $60
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner - $60
Guitar Hero 2 - $60
Rainbow Six: Vegas - $60
Eragon - $60
Singstar Rocks - $60
WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2007 - $60
Ar Tonelico - $60
God of War II - $60
Real World Golf 2 - $60
Arthur and the Minimoys - $60
Dawn of Mana - $60
Earache Extreme Metal Racing - $60

All games are for the PS2 unless otherwise indicated. I went through the EB Games website and put all the games that were $49.99 US or more. We usually get them for $59.99.

[quote name='Firestorm']Final Fantasy XII: Collector's Edition will be a good title to pre-order =) I'm probably going to go to Metrotown tomorrow or the day after. I have no school tomorrow, but Metro is on my way to school so I might wait a bit...

I'm feeling kinda sick right now =( Anyway, I'm making a list of games that would be good choices to pre-order:

Collectors Editions or have a pre-order bonus. Might not be eligible?
Guitar Hero 2 with Guitar - $95? (It's $80 US)
[PC] Guild Wars Online: Nightfall Collector's Edition with Starter Kit plus Bonus! - $90? (It's $75 US)
Final Fantasy XII: Collector's Edition - $70
Dance Dance Revolution SuperNova Bundle with Bonus! - $70
Scarface: The World is Yours Collector's Edition with Bonus! - $70
Karaoke Revolution: American Idol Bundle - $70
Sopranos Collectors Edition - $60
Tony Hawk's Project 8 with Bonus! - $60
Mortal Kombat Armageddon Premium Edition with Bonus! - $60
Bully Special Edition - $60
Dot.Hack G.U. with Exclusive Figurine - $60
Phantasy Star Universe with Bonus! - $60
Need for Speed: Carbon Collectors Edition - $60
Call of Duty 3 with Bonus! - $60

Should definitely work
[GCN] The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - $60
[GCN] Super Paper Mario - $60
Final Fantasy XII - $60
Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria - $60
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner - $60
Guitar Hero 2 - $60
Rainbow Six: Vegas - $60
Eragon - $60
Singstar Rocks - $60
WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2007 - $60
Ar Tonelico - $60
God of War II - $60
Real World Golf 2 - $60
Arthur and the Minimoys - $60
Dawn of Mana - $60
Earache Extreme Metal Racing - $60

All games are for the PS2 unless otherwise indicated. I went through the EB Games website and put all the games that were $49.99 US or more. We usually get them for $59.99.[/quote]yep, always add $10 for the canadians except for 19.99 games, those go for 24.99 over here

[quote name='Firestorm']gamer602, you said Metroid Prime, Mario Sunshine, and ToS are useable... Does that mean that all $20 PC games are?[/quote]i doubt it, they have to have a trade in value of $9 or more right

[quote name='Spades22']every EB Games in canada has this deal[/quote]
I sure wish head office would actually TELL them that...or that they would listen--not sure where the breakdown is happening.

Well that sucked. It seems they're only doing 3 For 1 for a few games. Naruto Clash of Ninja 2, NBA 2k7 (or something), and some other crap games that aren't worth jack =/

Anyone actually tried this yet and at what store?

[quote name='Firestorm']Well that sucked. It seems they're only doing 3 For 1 for a few games. Naruto Clash of Ninja 2, NBA 2k7 (or something), and some other crap games that aren't worth jack =/

Anyone actually tried this yet and at what store?[/quote]and this is exactly why i hate eb

I'm trying to get this straight...if I bring in 3 gba games and each ring up for $10, I can get any game I want (except 360), walk around the mall for awhile, then return it for aroud $60 in credit? And what's this I hear about only being able to trade in for crappy games. I'd seriously do this and put the credit towards a ds lite...

Also, which of these games do you think will be worth $10; FF Tactics, Mario vs. Donkey Kong, Golden Sun 1 and 2, Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga, Super Mario 64 DS, Polarium, and both F-Zeros for gba?

Stobes; according to the CAG Wiki, only Mario and Lugi and Kingdom Hearts are worth $10+. EB gives jackshit for GBA games D:

[quote name='maigoyume']i doubt it, they have to have a trade in value of $9 or more right[/quote]

I've been told 8 everywhere.

[quote name='Stobes']I'm trying to get this straight...if I bring in 3 gba games and each ring up for $10, I can get any game I want (except 360), walk around the mall for awhile, then return it for aroud $60 in credit? And what's this I hear about only being able to trade in for crappy games. I'd seriously do this and put the credit towards a ds lite...

Also, which of these games do you think will be worth $10; FF Tactics, Mario vs. Donkey Kong, Golden Sun 1 and 2, Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga, Super Mario 64 DS, Polarium, and both F-Zeros for gba?[/quote]

1. PREORDER any game.
2. Pick it up.
3. Return within 14 days for credit.

I wouldn't do what you described....

gamer602, have you done this during the current promotion? I got screwed at Metrotown so I want to know if it will work at Oakridge or Pacific Centre or something.

EDIT: Just saw your update. Ok. So of the games available for pre-order:

Lego Star Wars II is $39.99 US so $50 CDN
NHL '07 is $29.99 US so $40 CDN
Naruto: Clash of Ninja 2 is $39.99 US so $50 CDN
Scarface: The World is Yours is $49.99 US so $60 CDN

Metrotown will only allow you to pre-order those games. If people know of stores that'll let you do it for any game, please tell me!

Question: So if I trade in for these four games, could I come back a few days later and get a refund on them? These games are all out except Scarface? You can refund games at any EB store right?

Yeah I have done it at BOTH Richmond AND PARK ROYAL. Confirmed for Lougheed and Coquitlam. Look for an update on first post.

Woah, so if I trade in 3 games for this deal, I can get NHL '07 for PSP? They're stackable? Sounds too good to be true o_O; 12 games = 4 NHL '07?

To clarify, trading in 3 games means I get Lego Star Wars II and NHL '07?

Yeah you can, but I would do it at FOUR different stores, most stores would limit it to 1 per person. you get 1 game per three you trade in.

Sorry I'm so dense =P
So I go to Metrotown, trade in Sonic Heroes, Sonic Adventure DX, and Animal Crossing. I get Naruto Clash of Ninja 2 (GCN) and NHL '07 (PSP).
I go to Oakridge, trade in Nintendogs, Culdcept, and Simpson's Road Rage. I get Lego Star Wars II (GCN) and NHL '07 (PSP).

I then go to Brentwood and return Clash of Ninja 2, Star Wars II, and both NHL '07 for a total of $180?

[quote name='Firestorm']Sorry I'm so dense =P
So I go to Metrotown, trade in Sonic Heroes, Sonic Adventure DX, and Animal Crossing. I get Naruto Clash of Ninja 2 (GCN) and NHL '07 (PSP).
I go to Oakridge, trade in Nintendogs, Culdcept, and Simpson's Road Rage. I get Lego Star Wars II (GCN) and NHL '07 (PSP).

I then go to Brentwood and return Clash of Ninja 2, Star Wars II, and both NHL '07 for a total of $180?[/quote]

That's what i want to know lol, i'm with you i've never done this type of thing so i don't know how it works.

Is there some kind of price sheet we can get, to know the value? Or do we just call in.

[quote name='arfin']That's what i want to know lol, i'm with you i've never done this type of thing so i don't know how it works.

Is there some kind of price sheet we can get, to know the value? Or do we just call in.[/quote]okay guys let me know if this works the way you say, if so i'm heading over to TRU tm and grabbing a ton of pc games

[quote name='Firestorm']Sorry I'm so dense =P

I then go to Brentwood and return Clash of Ninja 2, Star Wars II, and both NHL '07 for a total of $180?[/quote]

You are dense.
You get Naruto OR NHL 07 for FREE.
you get Lego 2 OR NHL 07 for FREE.
You ALSO get THREE FREE song cards=30 FREE Songs.

Yeah, but the rest of your plan will work. I've tried it lots of times. BEWARE! really old pc games will NOT work, games like starfox adventures, mario sunshine and animal crossing will though...

I fail to see how this is a good deal....trading 3 games which if you bought them again would cost you the same price as a new one, but instead you're going from 3 games to 1...

[quote name='Spades22']I fail to see how this is a good deal....trading 3 games which if you bought them again would cost you the same price as a new one, but instead you're going from 3 games to 1...[/QUOTE]

That only applies if the 3 games you trade in cost as much as a new game. If you trade in 3 games that don't cost as much as a new game, you can save quite a bit of money.

For example, Toys R Us Canada has a Buy 1 Get 1 free deal on Greatest Hits games right now.....

[quote name='gamer602']Blockbuster has buy one get one half off right now. you could get 2 games for $15. The two I got work for this deal.[/quote]TRU has the BOGO sale right now so its essentially the same thing, i just need to know which pc games will work for it

bread's done
Back