(Sealed) Alien Hominid (PS2 or Cube) $14.99 + tax @ GameStop.com

[quote name='MadFlava']When you place it in your cart is says backordered[/QUOTE]

Just a note for those who don't know:

backordered games at Gamestop.com are still orderable and exist in backorder status for maybe a week at most (if it is indeed backordered, as there is conflicting in-stock status reports).

I picked up a used, complete one earlier this week with the extra 10% off GI coupon, plus my GS discount card, $10.50 plus tax after the discounts. Nice game.

[quote name='bmarquardt']Just a note for those who don't know:

backordered games at Gamestop.com are still orderable and exist in backorder status for maybe a week at most (if it is indeed backordered, as there is conflicting in-stock status reports).[/QUOTE]

All right, I'll give it a try and ordered it. It would be awesome if it is in stock. I regret not picking it up for $10 win TRU was clearing them out last year.

Edit: It took a while but my ordered just shipped yesterday afternoon. Pretty OK deal, the game can be found at Bohemoth's website for $20 not including shipping. Also, if your TRU still has it, can be found for $10. Since my local TRU was liquidated, I rarely shop at TRU anymore.

I wouldn't buy this game for $30; I've been spoiled on Metal Slug, but it is excellent 7/8ths-ish Metal Slug.

And I did buy it for $20 a while back and do not regret it.

i found it fresh. Metal Slug is Metal Slug is Metal Slug, but this had a little extra silliness and kitsch. I actually prefer it.

[quote name='mkelehan']I'd recommend waiting on the XBLA version. Cheaper and better.[/quote]

version? or are you referring to Castle Crashers?

[quote name='allyourblood']version? or are you referring to Castle Crashers?[/quote]

No, they're rereleasing it on XBLA with updated graphics.

Picked it up PS2 a while ago for $10. Got a lot out of it, then traded it under the assumption I'd eventually get the GC version.

But indeed, now the planned XBLA version may be the way to go.

Picked up the last sealed GC copy for $15 at the 111th and Memorial GS in Tulsa, OK. They had 3 more "new" opened copies left on the shelf.

If there's anything I hate about EB/GS, it's their penchant to molest the video game and then still sell it as "new". In my mind, if it's been opened, it's not new. Last time I bought a "new" game from EB, the "new" disc had gunk and residue on the underside. I returned it for a sealed copy.

You'd think they could come up with a way to prevent shoplifting w/o having to remove the shrinkwrap.

Ordered the GC version, I've been wanting to get this for a long time and $15 new sounds good to me. Also no indication of it being backordered, instead it said it should ship within 24 hours.

[quote name='DeathPrawn']Which version is better, the ps2 or the cube? Or is there any real difference at all?[/quote]

According to Gamespot.com, the two versions are identical.

Interesting thing about Alien Hominid is that you can appreciate it even if you don't like Metal Slug or Contra. That mini-game is a fun little puzzle/platformer and has many levels. You could get the game for that alone and get your money's worth

bread's done
Back