Photo
- - - - -

Oblivion for PS3/PSP Officially Confirmed by OPM Cover (new info from the mag itself)

• Please log in to reply
419 replies to this topic

#31 GizmoGC

GizmoGC

I love Cheese

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2006 - 05:43 AM

Since when is eight months equal to a whole year? Who would complain about the PS3 getting an excellent launch title that's better than the previous versions?

Oops! 8 months! So sorry! But whats better? A new character race and a few extra things? Its just an updated port, seems upto par with 75% of the PSP's library.

#32 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2006 - 05:56 AM

Oops! 8 months! So sorry! But whats better? A new character race and a few extra things? Its just an updated port, seems upto par with 75% of the PSP's library.

Are we talking about the PSP version, which we don't know much of annything about it, or the PS3 version, which you were originally posting about? You should stay on the same subject rather than switching topics.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

#33 DarkNessBear

DarkNessBear

Posted 29 September 2006 - 07:58 AM

Framerate issue was horrible in the 360 version.

I got the PC Version from my friend and its so much nicer and smooth.
I acctually play it on PC.

Plus all the mods. Mystic Elves FTW!
360/PS3/PC/Wii Owner Currently playing: U3, Skyrim, AC:R

#34 trq

trq

I *am* the reinforcements

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2006 - 08:15 AM

I'm not surprised by the PS3 version. Makes good sense to me.

But I get the feeling people are already establishing some unrealistic expectations for the PSP version.

#35 io

io

Posted 29 September 2006 - 09:34 AM

Wow, you must not have been paying attention at all to the past week or so at TGS.

Well, not sure what you are referring to, but the number games that I want (at launch) went from 0 to 1. Now I'm actually considering trying to get a PS3 at launch. But I'll still probably wait it out a bit due to Sony first-run hardware system issues :D. But I'm glad that when I do get one this game will be waiting for me.

#36 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2006 - 11:18 AM

Well, not sure what you are referring to, but the number games that I want (at launch) went from 0 to 1. Now I'm actually considering trying to get a PS3 at launch. But I'll still probably wait it out a bit due to Sony first-run hardware system issues :D. But I'm glad that when I do get one this game will be waiting for me.

There was big news at TGS in the inclusion of HDMI in both versions of the PS3 along with the news that Ninja Gaiden will appear on PS3. White Knight Story was revealed by Sony and Level 5, which is big news for JRPG fans. There's definitely been lots of good news even in the past week, not the year the OP stated.

#37 terribledeli

terribledeli

Zombiologist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2006 - 11:49 AM

An updated port, of even an excellent title, is hardly worth trumpeting.

Wake up when they announced Elder Scrolls V.
"Cheapness is not a sense" - Jerry Seinfeld

#38 Daddy

Daddy

Hardcore Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2006 - 06:54 PM

Sweet i can pay $200 bucks more to play a game i already played...awesome!
Posted Image

#39 io

io

Posted 29 September 2006 - 09:23 PM

Well, obviously, it isn't going to be a big deal for Xbox 360 owners, but for those of us who haven't chosen between the two it might help sway us in favor of the PS3. Oblivion was one of the few 360 games I was interested in.

I'm leaning towards getting neither for a while, actually. But I was close to ignoring the PS3 and getting a 360. Now I'm up in the air again :D.

#40 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2006 - 11:38 PM

Swing and a miss.

#41 solid snake

solid snake

Liberty aficionado

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2006 - 10:22 AM

you dont get it dude,for those of us that havent playe it and would like to but dont wanna spend $400 on a crapbox 360 and are getting a ps3 its good news.
Posted Image
LIVE FREE OR DIE!

#42 foo33333

foo33333

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2006 - 04:26 AM

Hmm~ from IGN PS3 section. Oblivion gonna launch with PS3 on the Nov.17~ SOund pretty sweet!

#43 DarkNessBear

DarkNessBear

Posted 01 October 2006 - 05:33 AM

you dont get it dude,for those of us that havent playe it and would like to but dont wanna spend $400 on a crapbox 360 and are getting a ps3 its good news.

When will the fanboys take a rest?

"Wow Oblivion, really worth 600 bucks.."
"Genji, that is really worth 600 bucks"
"MGS4 looks good, but I wouldnt pay 600 bucks for it"
"A blu ray player? Why would I want to pay 600 bucks for it?!"
"Free online is nice, but not when I have to pay 600 bucks"
"A slide show? Ooo thats worth 600 bucks"
"Resistance, it looks really sweet, but not a 600 dollar sweet..."
"Id like to play lair, but not for 600 bucks"
"Ooo 60gb hdd oh joy! I can buy more hdd with 600 bucks.."
"Wireless in box? Ooo that gets my 600 bucks! Psht..."
"DMC4, hardly worth 600 bucks"
"Motorstorm? A driving game in the mud? Thats not worth 600 bucks"
"HDMI Output? Nice add, but I wouldnt pay 600 bucks for it."
"White Knight story looks awsome, but I wouldnt dish out 600 bucks for it..."
"Even though I cant get the Final Fantasy series anywhere else, I wouldnt flop down 600 dollars for it..."
"1080p? Sure why not. For 600 bucks? No thanks... haha!"
"I dont think id pay 600 dollars for a mutiple web browsers at one time..."
"ZOE3? Sweet! But thats not a 600 dollar game..."
"Lol, why would I pay 600 bucks for a console that can play PS2 and PSone games?"
"Region free is not worth 600 bills..."
"Ooo motion controller, I can get that on the wii and not for 600 bucks"
"Armored Core 4 just for PS3? thats not worth putting 600 bucks down..."
"Rechargeable wireless controllers? For 600 dollars? I dont think so..."

...We got it, you dont want to spend alot of money.

But you dont have to pay all that for one thing. You can have all that for the same price.

#44 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2006 - 06:19 AM

since every PS3 will have a HDD they can use that to decrease loading time.

My trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=42397

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#45 richbastard

richbastard

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2006 - 07:51 AM

Cant wait for my next issue of OPM to arrive.

#46 help1

help1

What a dumb username

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2006 - 09:48 AM

Why is this site growing in fanboy tension everyday? When these systems launch, its gonna be a sad day on these forums.

#47 Blitz

Blitz

Nasty Bastard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2006 - 10:43 AM

Why is this site growing in fanboy tension everyday? When these systems launch, its gonna be a sad day on these forums.

It's because people like systems and not games. I used to think that XBox fanboys were the worst but they pale in comparison to the PS3 ones.

#48 gaelan

gaelan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2006 - 12:13 PM

its every site. this kind of thing happens at every console launch. people feel the need to justify and defend their purchase and choice of console.

#49 Dr Mario Kart

Dr Mario Kart

SD/2D Defense Force

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2006 - 12:40 PM

I wouldve thought it would be an EMPTY day on the forums when the systems launch.

#50 -Never4ever-

-Never4ever-

That Guy.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2006 - 03:44 AM

CONGRADULATIONS you've earned a spot on ignore list. REASON: Trolling Fanboy.

fucking hate fanboy idiots. :bomb:

DERR DA PS3 IS T3H PERFECT IT NOT WASTE OF CASH CAG HATE SONY CAUSE THEY ST0PIT

Oh yeah, I almost forgot about you. You too earn a trusted spot on my ignore list for being a dumbass fanboy.

Why is it that the only FBs I find on CAG are Sony hoes?

#51 DarkNessBear

DarkNessBear

Posted 02 October 2006 - 05:00 AM

Never4Ever post was magical.

Their is the solution to all life's problems. If you cant argue against, just ignore it!

I go were the games are... PC60S3WII!

#52 omegaweapon7

omegaweapon7

King of MaSiVe DaMage

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2006 - 09:34 PM

hmmm, trade GTA (which has been multi console for a while anyway) for oblivion? HELL YES.

#53 gofishn

gofishn

Posted 02 October 2006 - 09:59 PM

hmmm, trade GTA (which has been multi console for a while anyway) for oblivion? HELL YES.

Trade? Are you in a console fantasy league or something?
Posted Image

#54 trq

trq

I *am* the reinforcements

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2006 - 10:30 PM

I like Oblivion more than GTA myself, but somehow I doubt the 13 million GTA fans would agree with you.

#55 DarkNessBear

DarkNessBear

Posted 02 October 2006 - 10:33 PM

Im confused.

GTA is coming out for the PS3...

#56 Kaijufan

Kaijufan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2006 - 11:52 PM

Both of those games are on both of the systems.
Posted Image

#57 Rage Goblin

Rage Goblin

The Hardest of Core

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2006 - 02:30 PM

The real question in all of this is if it will be worth re-buying the game. As others have said, the bonus content will probably come to 360/PC, but if I could play a console version with a cleaned up framerate and less loading, it might just be worth the double dip.

As for the PSP version, if it's at least pretty good, I'm in for sure.

#58 Z-Saber

Z-Saber

No longer a CAG regular

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2006 - 02:39 PM

Both of those games are on both of the systems.

But the 360 version of GTA will have exclusive downloadable episodes and the PS3 version of Oblivion will have (to what degree, we don't know) improved graphics and more content.

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/z_saber
Origin: Z_Saber_64

#59 elwood731

elwood731

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2006 - 04:37 PM

But the 360 version of GTA will have exclusive downloadable episodes and the PS3 version of Oblivion will have (to what degree, we don't know) improved graphics and more content.

But we do know for sure yet that the PS3 GTA4 won't have bonus missions as well? I know FEAR is getting released to both systems with unique bonus levels, so I would expect GTA4 might end up similar. As others have said, the extra Oblivion content will likely end up downloadable for X360/PC.

It sounds like Oblivion PS3 will be great for those without an X360 or PC to run it, but otherwise I can't imagine it will be that much different. If it did happen to come out with noticably improved graphics and framerate that would be a knock against the X360, but not as much as if they had been released at the same time. It's a lot easier to clean things up for a later release.

Games like Tony Hawk's Project 8, GTA4, and others will be the real test of graphics and framerate comparisons.

#60 Z-Saber

Z-Saber

No longer a CAG regular

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2006 - 04:45 PM

But we do know for sure yet that the PS3 GTA4 won't have bonus missions as well? I know FEAR is getting released to both systems with unique bonus levels, so I would expect GTA4 might end up similar. As others have said, the extra Oblivion content will likely end up downloadable for X360/PC.

All I know is that at X06, they announced that GTA4 will have exclusive stuff for the 360. At TGS, they said Oblivion will have some more areas and whatnot. Whether or not they said "exclusive" I don't know.

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/z_saber
Origin: Z_Saber_64