Skies of Arcadia Legends 19.99 new @gamestop/eb B&M?

Just looked on Amazon.. it's going for around $22 or $23 plus shipping new.. so that's not too much more than this price. A few bucks, I guess. :p

eww I remember trading that game in, its was okay the only reason it was any fun was the ship battles but that was it

Skies of Arcadia is more than "okay". It has charming characters, an overworld map that is actually fun to explore, a theme that is different from most rpgs(the pirate/explorer thing), ship combat is awesome and regular combat is interesting due to the spirit system. It's a great old school rpg with a LOT of charm. It deserves a sequel. Another example of why the Dreamcast was great since that's where the game first appeared

ehh .. i dunno -- this has random battles and that's SO 2002 :) I mean, if FF is abandoning random battles now

[quote name='Yoshox2000']It deserves a sequel. Another example of why the Dreamcast was great since that's where the game first appeared[/quote]

Ahhh, the days of the dreamcast. I thought this game was fun and I loved Grandia II too!

[quote name='romeogbs19']ehh .. i dunno -- this has random battles and that's SO 2002 :) I mean, if FF is abandoning random battles now[/QUOTE]
the game is released on the same date as FFIX back in Nov 2000, and Skies of Arcadia is the superior game

[quote name='62t']the game is released on the same date as FFIX back in Nov 2000, and Skies of Arcadia is the superior game[/QUOTE]

I know -- I'm not debating release dates, but I've tinkered with this title and for me, it was considered "great" on the DC, but by the time this "updated" version on the GCN hit, well, I wouldn't recommend it.

If you want an RPG on GCN, get Symphonia -- far superior gameplay.

If you're done with Symphonia, then pick up Paper Mario 2, and after that, check out Baten Kaitos or either of the Harvest Moon (Magical Melody or Wonderful Life) games.

ONLY after you're done with those should you even consider Arcadia. IMO, the above games deserve your $19.99. Arcadia? Less so.

[quote name='romeogbs19']I know -- I'm not debating release dates, but I've tinkered with this title and for me, it was considered "great" on the DC, but by the time this "updated" version on the GCN hit, well, I wouldn't recommend it.

If you want an RPG on GCN, get Symphonia -- far superior gameplay.

If you're done with Symphonia, then pick up Paper Mario 2, and after that, check out Baten Kaitos or either of the Harvest Moon (Magical Melody or Wonderful Life) games.

ONLY after you're done with those should you even consider Arcadia. IMO, the above games deserve your $19.99. Arcadia? Less so.[/QUOTE]
I owned all the title you mentioned, and I disagree. I would suggest Arcadia over most of the games (maybe symphonia, but not the others).

I won't knock SoA's charming characters (Except for Ramirez's generic bossness), but it sounds to me like you almost said SoA was superior to Paper Mario 2. Where I come from, them's FIGHTING WORDS, boy.

[quote name='62t']I owned all the title you mentioned, and I disagree. I would suggest Arcadia over most of the games (maybe symphonia, but not the others).[/QUOTE]

Really --??? Arcadia over Paper Mario 2? Arcadia over Baten Kaitos? You're in the minority on those opinions. Gameplay in the games I mentioned outclass Arcadia in every way. Characters in Arcadia might be comparably as interesting, but I disagree with you on that reco.

On pure fun, I don't think Arcadia does it better than those other games I mentioned -- and esp. not better than Paper Mario 2.

Although I liked Paper Mario 2 and Tales, Arcadia was my favorite. The random battles occured a little often, but I always thought that it had great pacing, and thought the ship battles were great. If any of those games deserves a sequal I vote for skies of arcadia.

bread's done
Back