[Canada] EB Games, Blockbuster Video, and Future Shop Trade-in Values List

Firestorm

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
Update 3: The new website is http://www.tivs.ca thanks to neksus!

Update 2:

Lone Prodigy is awesome and made a new one: http://ebtradeinvalues.scribblewiki.com/Main_Page

Update:
Please update the wiki yourself. The new wiki is http://www.citgocapital.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

RFDers use/edit it as well.

Alright, the Americans have a wiki page with all the EB Games trade-in values and I figured we might as well start one for the Canadian EB. It's good reference for if we ever want to sell our soul or maybe take advantage of loopholes in their promos! I'll try and keep the list updated as much as possible.

If you have info to add, please do so in the following format:
*Game Name - $# - Month Day, Year
For example:
*Sonic Mega Collection - $8 - September 29th, 2006.

Group them by system please!

Wiki Link: http://wiki.cheapassgamer.com/index.php/EB_trade_in_values_-_Canada

Last edited by a moderator:
I rarely ever go to eb since they are such a ripoff, but i'll take a look for you guys this sunday, see if i can get a list rounded up

PM CheapyD and tell him you'd like a CAGwiki account. That's what I did and he sent me a password to use. If you don't want to do that, post it here and I'll update it.

PS2

Arc The Lad: Twilight of the Spirits $5.00 October 5, 2006
God of War $15.00 October 5, 2006
Suikoden III $9.00 October 5, 2006
Suikoden IV $9.00 October 5, 2006
Suikoden V $15.00 October 5, 2006
Wild Arms 4 $8.00 October 5, 2006

Updated with 18 titles from myself, and the other titles from the above poster. I will have about 100 new ones every week for you.

-Gibb

Wow! That'd be awesome. I assume you work at Game On? Anyway, I just updated with the trade in value of DS hardware at EB Games.

Man these trade in prices make me sad...
EB is such a FUGGIN rip-off!
Seriously, I only go there when I have a gift card or theres a big sale.
I went to trade in some stuff there, and Blockbuster gave me 15 bucks more than EB. Anyway, my local one-shot gamestore is WAY more awesome.

Suikoden Tactics: $12-Don't know exact date, but sometime in september
Miscellanious Spongebob DVD's-$3-Same date as above

I would have to agree with your comments, my local one off store gives an extra $10.00 for every 5 xbox/ps2/ngc/gba games you trade in (except old sports games) they also take in retro games if you want to get rid of them (1 or 2 $ for PS1 games in good shape and SegaMasterSystem--->Dreamcast)

Also, the minimum they give (unless the case is needing replacement, the manual is missing or the disc is REALLY beat up or it is a 2005 or older sports game) is $5.00.

They also rent all of their pre played games.

I did another EB run, and will have another 12 prices up in a few minutes, and will updated with the above posters information.

I traded in 3 of these on Oct 7th... for pre-order of Marvel Ultimate Alliance...
kept Norrath for next week.

Star Wars Battlefront II (12.00)
Lord of the Rings: 3rd Age.. ie. the rpg one (10.00)
Final Fantasy X-2 (8.00)
Champions of Norath: Return to Arms (10.00

PS: Does anybody know if Blockbuster sells or will be selling consoles... ie. the Wii or the PS3 eventually? I've got like a 160.00 credit that I'm hopeing to use sometime.

Updated with your trade information (next time could you please list which system the trades were for I figured all were PS2 with Final Fantasty x-2)

As for your question, I think that only GameRush BBV sell consoles, but I am not 100% sure on that.

Thank you for the trade prices, and everyone keep up the great work!

-Gibb

Updated with 2 titile.

If anyone wants to post in here I will update the Wiki for them, I don't want to see this thread end up 4 pages burried.

here wat I have that can work (sorry, I forgot what each is worth):

Pokemon Trozei
Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes
REmake
Fable
Burnout Revenge
Sonic Mega Collection
Outlaw Golf 2
Otogi 2
Stubbs the Zombie
PGR3 (the game is worth only $11 now which normally sucks)
Metroid Prime 2
Outrun 2

[quote name='gmoney1234567890']here wat I have that can work (sorry, I forgot what each is worth):

Pokemon Trozei
Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes
REmake
Fable
Burnout Revenge
Sonic Mega Collection
Outlaw Golf 2
Otogi 2
Stubbs the Zombie
PGR3 (the game is worth only $11 now which normally sucks)
Metroid Prime 2

Outrun 2[/quote]

I think this was ment for the Worth 8 less than 20 thread.

Got a few for you guys here:

Jak 3 $3.00
Freedom Fighers (Xbox) $5.00
Dragon Quest: Rocket Slime (DS) $13.00

I might have a couple more over the weekend, but I'm not sure though.

[quote name='GuardianFlash']Which Blockbuster and where you go to to trade in games? The Blockbuster at Kingsway Vancouver say they don't do trade ins.[/quote]

Oh, sorry to dissapoint, but I live in Ontario (somewhere around Toronto), so I live just a little bit further away from you.
My BBV trades in both games and DVD's (obviously) and for decent prices too.

Just got back from EB Games, here some I got today (October 12)

Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door (GC) - $8.00
Prince of Persia: Warrior Within (GC) - $6.00
Mercenaries (PS2) - $8.00
Silent Hill 2 (PS2) - $5.00

Updated up to this point.

I would have gladly given you $5 for Pokemon Fire Red =P
Also, where do you guys get these 0.01 values added to games? =o

Well, I just called about 5 seconds ago, and am happy with my results.
The clerk whos usually really nice was like "as long as theres only 2 checks, I'll do it"

So, I got these for FRIDAY THE 13TH!

Katamari Damacy-$8 (PS2-10/13/2006)
Madden 06-$8 (PS2-10/13/2006)
I think I may just get some new games tomorrow!

Firestorm, I could have sell you that Leaf Green for 6 bucks or something, but I traded it in already. Anyways, got back from another EB and found this out...

Shadow of the Colossus $8 credit
God of War $15 credit, not sure if GOW is already posted or not.

Anyways, Best Buy had this deal $19.99 for greatest hits including God of War and Shadow of the COlossus. After visited EBGAMES in New West, I walked down to Best Buy and got 2 copies of God of War, I already have Shadow of the Colossus.

Tomorrow (which is Saturday) I'm gona trade in the 2 God of War and Shadow of the Colossus and pre-order Xbox 360 Splinter Cell: Double Agent($69.99) for free! I did a some calculations, buy 3 games that are worth 8 credits or more under $20, trade them in for a Xbox 360 game and you save like 10 bucks. $20 times 3 = $60 plus tax = $68. Splinter Cell Double Agent for Xbox360 cost $69.99 plus tax = $79. So buying 3 games at 20 bucks each and then trade them in for Xbox360 game saves me around 10 bucks this weekend :D

More price matches from this morning:

Super Mario Sunshine-$14/GC 10/14/06
Wild Arms 3- $5/PS2 /10/14/06
Soul Calibur II- $5/GC /10/14/06
Brain Age- $9/DS /10/14/06

Found 2 more of my games that are valid for the special!

[quote name='Azumangaman']More price matches from this morning:

Super Mario Sunshine-$14/GC 10/14/06
Wild Arms 3- $5/PS2 /10/14/06
Soul Calibur II- $5/GC /10/14/06
Brain Age- $9/DS /10/14/06

Found 2 more of my games that are valid for the special![/quote]wow, SMS still goes for $14?

[quote name='maigoyume']wow, SMS still goes for $14?[/quote]

Yep! Quite frankly, I was very suprised.
I have about 5 games that I know of that can be used for this deal.
Definetly getting FFXII collectors edition, and maybe Okami/Marvel Ultimate Alliance (or something else) with it

Updated up to this post.
Also removed the .01s because it keeps it cleaner and it's not really a part of the game's trade in value.

[quote name='GuardianFlash']Firestorm, I could have sell you that Leaf Green for 6 bucks or something, but I traded it in already. Anyways, got back from another EB and found this out...

Shadow of the Colossus $8 credit
God of War $15 credit, not sure if GOW is already posted or not.

Anyways, Best Buy had this deal $19.99 for greatest hits including God of War and Shadow of the COlossus. After visited EBGAMES in New West, I walked down to Best Buy and got 2 copies of God of War, I already have Shadow of the Colossus.

Tomorrow (which is Saturday) I'm gona trade in the 2 God of War and Shadow of the Colossus and pre-order Xbox 360 Splinter Cell: Double Agent($69.99) for free! I did a some calculations, buy 3 games that are worth 8 credits or more under $20, trade them in for a Xbox 360 game and you save like 10 bucks. $20 times 3 = $60 plus tax = $68. Splinter Cell Double Agent for Xbox360 cost $69.99 plus tax = $79. So buying 3 games at 20 bucks each and then trade them in for Xbox360 game saves me around 10 bucks this weekend :D[/QUOTE]

wow there's a COLOSSAL waste of time. Splinter Cell Double Agent 360 is going to be 59.99 at Bestbuy Canada next week. PM at Futureshop to get it for 58.99$ and no hassling.

Best Buy is selling Double Agent for only $59.99, wow, a new 360 game for only $59.99. But I htink the $69.99 one I pre ordered at EBGAMES is special edition.

Here's a list of some games I just traded in today. I'm rather annoyed at some of them being just under the deal cut off, but there were so many that it didn't matter too much...I guess...

All are on October 15, 2006

GBA - Final Fantasy Tactics Advance $7.00
GBA - Golden Sun $7.00
GBA - Golden Sun: The Lost Age $10.00
GCN - Baten Kaitos $7.00
GCN - Donkey Konga (with Drum) $12.00
GCN - Donky Konga 2 $11.00
GCN - Star Wars Rogue Squadron 2 $7.00
GCN - Ultimate Spider-Man $7.00
PS2 - Castlevania: Lament of Innocence $7.00
PS2 - Xenosaga $4.00

[quote name='JGonspy']Here's a list of some games I just traded in today. I'm rather annoyed at some of them being just under the deal cut off, but there were so many that it didn't matter too much...I guess...

All are on October 15, 2006

GBA - Final Fantasy Tactics Advance $7.00
GBA - Golden Sun $7.00
GBA - Golden Sun: The Lost Age $10.00
GCN - Baten Kaitos $7.00
GCN - Donkey Konga (with Drum) $12.00
GCN - Donky Konga 2 $11.00
GCN - Star Wars Rogue Squadron 2 $7.00
GCN - Ultimate Spider-Man $7.00
PS2 - Castlevania: Lament of Innocence $7.00
PS2 - Xenosaga $4.00[/quote]i would've bought a few of those off you for cash if you had put them on here >

Updated up to this post.

Yeah, I think they do the $8 on purpose because such a large amount of games seem to be $7. And damn, we should make some kind of a topic for those who want to trade games locally or something... Xenosaga for $4 >=O!

[quote name='Firestorm']Updated up to this post.

Yeah, I think they do the $8 on purpose because such a large amount of games seem to be $7. And damn, we should make some kind of a topic for those who want to trade games locally or something... Xenosaga for $4 >=O![/quote]good idea, okay guys, there are people on here WILLING to pay more for your games than eb does (WITH MONEY, not store credit) so if you're thinking of trading them into eb put'em on here first, most people will give you good deals for it, more than EB at least, and you won't be limited by store credit, in fact i'm gonna make a thread right now about it

I traded in these for the trade three for one new release and this is what I remember. So someone add these please.

PS2
Gran Turismo 4 - $14

Xbox
Outrun 2 - $8
Dead or Alive 3 - $8

Gamecube
Mario Golf $8

Psp
Valkyrie Profile $22

DS
Resident Evil DS - $12

These didn't work

PS2
Gradius 3 & 4 - $6

Gamecube
Beach Spikers - $3
Virtua Striker 2002 - $1
Viewtiful Joe - $7
Wrestlemania XIX 19 - $6

Bye:bouncy:

I called in to check the values for some games today, in prep for the 50$ bonus for my Wii pre-order.

October 15

GCN
1080 Avalanche - $10
Dave Mirra Freestyle BMX 2 - $3
Spider-Man - $8

GBA
Sonic Advance - $3
Street Fighter 2 Turbo Revival - $3
Super Mario Advance - $5

Nintendo DS
Mr. Driller: Drill Spirits - $6
Pokémon Trozei - $8

PS2
Evil Dead: Regeneration - $3
Xenosaga Episode II - $10

[quote name='JGonspy']Ah, really? I should probably try selling stuff on here in the future. I did get the three trade in deal for one game at least, and I guess it laziness that had me sell off the rest.

I've still got Mario Tennis for the GBA if anyone wants that...though I can't really imagine why.[/quote]most people will give you a fair deal if your stuff is in good condition, better than EB at least :)

I don't have a wiki account, so I'm listing these all here. I just traded in 30 games on the $50 extra for 10 games deal. I'm listing the trade-in-values without the $5 bonus.

GBA
*Advance Wars - $10 - 10/16/06
*GT Advance 3 - $10 - 10/16/06
*King of Fighters EX - $3 - 10/16/06
*V-Rally 3 - $5 - 10/16/06

GameCube
*Odama - $19 - 10/16/06
*Metroid Prime - $5 - 10/16/06
*Beach Spikers - $3 - 10/16/06

Playstation 2
*Tomb Raider Legend - $13 - 10/16/06

Xbox
*Half-Life 2 - $5 - 10/16/06
*Blade II - $4 - 10/16/06
*Tiger Woods 2004 - $3 - 10/16/06
*Dead or Alive Ultimate - $6 - 10/16/06
*Conflict: Desert Storm II - $8 - 10/16/06
*Midnight Club II - $5 - 10/16/06
*Serious Sam - $3 - 10/16/06
*Shellshock '67 - $5 - 10/16/06
*Project Gotham Racing 2 - $5 - 10/16/06
*Hustle - $5 - 10/16/06
*Narc - $4 - 10/16/06
*Deus Ex: Invisible War - $4 - 10/16/06
*Top Spin - $3 - 10/16/06
*Full Spectrum Warrior - $3 - 10/16/06

Nintendo DS
*Mister Driller: Drill Spirits - $6 - 10/16/06
*Metroid Prime Hunters - $18 - 10/16/06
*Metroid Prime Pinball - $8 - 10/16/06
*Animal Crossing: Wild World - $19 - 10/16/06

... phew, that took a white to sort by system and enter. :eek:

[quote name='Firestorm']Updated up to this point (you are so awesome for putting it in wiki format)[/quote]

No problem - the list helped me a lot when picking out the games to trade in, so it was only natural to give back.

You seem to have mixed the Xbox games into the PS2 section, though.

[quote name='maigoyume']BLAAAAAAST IT ALL!!!! i could've gotten tons of copies of odama (at the last GoTD) and traded them in >< for $19 each!!![/quote]

I heard people were getting $36 at Blockbuster right after it first came on GOTD, but I was too lazy to haul my ass over to BBV (it's not close to my house) and by the time I brought it in today it was only fetching $15. Ah well, $24 after the $5 bonus is good too.

[quote name='RedLightning']I heard people were getting $36 at Blockbuster right after it first came on GOTD, but I was too lazy to haul my ass over to BBV (it's not close to my house) and by the time I brought it in today it was only fetching $15. Ah well, $24 after the $5 bonus is good too.[/quote]unfortunately the BBV near me doesn't do trade ins, ah well i got it for $11 so i'm not complaining

[quote name='maigoyume']BLAAAAAAST IT ALL!!!! i could've gotten tons of copies of odama (at the last GoTD) and traded them in >< for $19 each!!![/quote]

I was thinking the same thing >_< I didn't even buy one copy since I didn't erally want it. There were a lot left at Oakridge.

And oops. I better fix that with the PS2/XBX mixup.

bread's done
Back