The Wombat Journal

• Please log in to reply
192 replies to this topic

#151 Wombat

Wombat

CAGcast or nothin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2006 - 03:54 PM

im typing this with my wii, pretty nifty. im sure ill never do this again :)

#152 Tybee

Tybee

Rowsdower!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2006 - 06:33 PM

Cute. Just make sure to disinfect the keyboard when you're done.

#153 Jackal888

Jackal888

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2006 - 02:38 PM

Sounds dirty, I tried that once, but hitting the spacebar with my balls is difficult. (shameless Wii joke)

#154 CYRiX

CYRiX

Posted 04 January 2007 - 12:34 AM

Don't know if you need this since you've already beat oblivion but I found a map of the whole game somewhere:
http://www.hpix.nl/o...cyrodiil0bq.jpg
I decided against buying some things I bidded on a lowball auction. Didn't know it'd be a big problem. Sue me.

#155 Kfoster1979

Kfoster1979

Fanboys Suck

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2007 - 09:11 PM

Wombat here's a Job for ya..

http://blog.wired.co...ou_write_f.html

[B]3DS FC 1977-0174-5552
Follow me on Twitter
Posted Image

#156 Xevious

Xevious

Most Damned CAG Evar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2007 - 04:15 AM

Well one small update. I am officially Unemployed until Jan 2nd (when my new, new job starts) and lets all hope this is the good one. I will be fine for money as I made one big sale right before I said good bye. So all in all things seemed to have worked out, for now. Oh and this stomach Virus isnt all gone yet, so at least I get to rest up.

I hope you feel better. Stomach viruses are a bitch

Damn you xevious...

Damn you Xevious... damn you to hell.....

Damn you Xevious be quiet.

So you know EBM? Damn you Xevious...

#157 Wombat

Wombat

CAGcast or nothin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2007 - 07:18 PM

the ad space I sold in my last job was Kotaku'd

http://kotaku.com/ga...-ads-232074.php

woot for me

#158 Bazz

Bazz

SamuelElbaz.Blogspot.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2007 - 02:26 AM

Dear Wombat , My Gf just beat Castlevania: Portarit Of Ruin and she wants to know how far along you're in the game and which was the hardest boss for you. Also she wants to know how much time you might have wasted back tracking to get money in the game to progress further along to buy health to beat some of the harder parts in the game?

I need 1 more sign up if anyone could help please. http://www.yourfree360games.com/index.php?ref=244985
SamuelElbaz.Blogspot.com-Do me a favor and check it out. Would love to hear your feedback;)

#159 Wombat

Wombat

CAGcast or nothin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2007 - 09:02 PM

well, I am bumping this too, as I tend to always bump this thread when I decide I need a new job. Anyhoo I am off to the Madden launch in about 5 minutes and just wanted to vent for a minute that I need a better job so people can tell me how I need serious mental help. I will try to post any good madden dirt when I get back, if there is any. Hopefully when I get home I will be able to play the Bioshock demo. At least I have my priorities straight.

#160 weevles

weevles

Posted 13 August 2007 - 09:34 PM

ZOMG, this thread lives! Sort of.

Yes, Wombat, you're out of your mind. At least Mrs. Wombat has a kick ass job. ;)

#161 Bazz

Bazz

SamuelElbaz.Blogspot.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2007 - 10:17 PM

Have a good time Wombat. Try get some pictures.

I need 1 more sign up if anyone could help please. http://www.yourfree360games.com/index.php?ref=244985
SamuelElbaz.Blogspot.com-Do me a favor and check it out. Would love to hear your feedback;)

#162 CYRiX

CYRiX

Posted 13 August 2007 - 10:21 PM

wombat tell me if madden 08 is worth it or if i shud just let my relatives get it for me for christmas
I decided against buying some things I bidded on a lowball auction. Didn't know it'd be a big problem. Sue me.

#163 yourdaddy

yourdaddy

Posted 14 August 2007 - 01:58 AM

hey wombat,
you mentioned that you were having problems with staying connected on the ps3. try disabling the media server connection under the network settings. this worked for me. best of luck.

#164 ratzombie

ratzombie

aka yunkie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2007 - 08:32 AM

You're always unhappy with your job(s), Wombat. :lol:

#165 MSUnman

MSUnman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2007 - 02:39 PM

you were hired by microsoft this time right? That would be good then you would be able attend the E3 and other trade shows with Cheapy.

#166 Wombat

Wombat

CAGcast or nothin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2007 - 03:51 PM

you were hired by microsoft this time right? That would be good then you would be able attend the E3 and other trade shows with Cheapy.

I do not work for Microsoft, not even close, the company I work for now has about 7 employees. So no good trade shows for me. Oh and the Madden event was a snoozefest, but more on that for the CAGcast

#167 Tybee

Tybee

Rowsdower!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2007 - 05:06 PM

I do not work for Microsoft, not even close, the company I work for now has about 7 employees. So no good trade shows for me. Oh and the Madden event was a snoozefest, but more on that for the CAGcast

Do you ever worry your boss or someone else at your company listens to the CAGcast or browses the forums? I'd think publicly advertising your dissatisfaction with your job on the Internets is a good way to lose it.

Of course, with Mrs. Wombat's new salary, you may not have to worry about that too much. ;)

#168 ramatut4001

ramatut4001

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2007 - 05:15 PM

Do you ever worry your boss or someone else at your company listens to the CAGcast or browses the forums? I'd think publicly advertising your dissatisfaction with your job on the Internets is a good way to lose it.

Of course, with Mrs. Wombat's new salary, you may not have to worry about that too much. ;)

I was thinking the same thing. Hopefully you get a job you enjoy in the industry sometime sooner than later. Glad to see the thread resurrected, and I'm looking forward to the CAGcast.

#169 Wombat

Wombat

CAGcast or nothin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2007 - 07:33 PM

I have thought about that too, but I doubt they are reading a thread called the Wombat Journal

#170 Kfoster1979

Kfoster1979

Fanboys Suck

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2007 - 07:43 PM

I have thought about that too, but I doubt they are reading a thread called the Wombat Journal

And if they are who cares, Wombat your not crazy we all want a job that we like to go to everyday. But the problem always for me seems to be I can't get paid enough for a Job I want to do. I have been at my job 5 years as of Sunday so I understand the want for something new. Have you ever thought of going back to your old Job not the milk sniffing one?

[B]3DS FC 1977-0174-5552
Follow me on Twitter
Posted Image

#171 soliddragon

soliddragon

Early Adopter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2007 - 07:48 PM

Aha! I've finally caught you!! I'm actually your boss Wombat! Now face my wrath, or the alternative consequence, keep your job if you give me free goodies!

I infiltrated this site after several reports of your dissatisfaction with us, were posted into the intarwebs.

Just kiddin, you'll never get your comeuppance, do you hear me? No comeuppance!
'Give me, One more medicated peaceful moment'
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

:ds: :360: :ps3: :3ds: :wii: :pc:

Spoiler

#172 Wombat

Wombat

CAGcast or nothin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2007 - 08:32 PM

[quote name='Kfoster1979']And if they are who cares, Wombat your not crazy we all want a job that we like to go to everyday. But the problem always for me seems to be I can't get paid enough for a Job I want to do. I have been at my job 5 years as of Sunday so I understand the want for something new. Have you ever thought of going back to your old Job not the milk sniffing one?[/QUOTE

Looking back, I only remember the good points, but there was a reason I left. They are still people I talk too regularly and they were all at my wedding, so they may be helpful but I wouldn't go back.

#173 Tybee

Tybee

Rowsdower!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2007 - 09:05 PM

Looking back, I only remember the good points, but there was a reason I left. They are still people I talk too regularly and they were all at my wedding, so they may be helpful but I wouldn't go back.

I know how that is. I miss several aspects of the job I had before this one. But if I went back, it wouldn't be the same. All of the people I most enjoyed working with moved on around the same time I did, and even if they hadn't, it still wouldn't be the same. Even if nothing else changes, you do.

To quote Heraclitus, by way of Disney's Pocahontas, "You can't step in the same river twice."

EDIT: No, I'm not high.

#174 E*Master

E*Master

Cross Border Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2007 - 04:47 PM

Of all the jobs I had I hated my last one the most. I used to work for KFC and then went to a tech support Job supporitng Sidekicks & Blackberries making double as much and more. So I definitely do not miss my old job or the poeple working there cause they were all A-Holes. To this day I can not eat KFC *shakes* and that was 3 years ago. I think Wombat is safe for his Boss not to read his stuff here because I am very sure that his real name is not Wombat lol..... would be funny though if it was.
Cross Border Gaming Podcast- http://crossbordergaming.com Discussing the latest games, busting Wombat's chops, and hating on PETA.

My CAG Blog

#175 Wombat

Wombat

CAGcast or nothin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2007 - 11:59 AM

Last night I received a response to a resume I sent out. It was an email interview, she actually emailed me the questions she would have asked in person. They were specific to my resume but really you couldn't have called, I have type out my answers, I better get called in after that.

#176 ratzombie

ratzombie

aka yunkie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2007 - 02:46 PM

Last night I received a response to a resume I sent out. It was an email interview, she actually emailed me the questions she would have asked in person. They were specific to my resume but really you couldn't have called, I have type out my answers, I better get called in after that.

What kind of job is this, Wombat?

You better not be getting into the telemarketing business, or else I'll have to kick your ass.

#177 Wombat

Wombat

CAGcast or nothin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2007 - 03:42 PM

What kind of job is this, Wombat?

You better not be getting into the telemarketing business, or else I'll have to kick your ass.

No, not at all, its a senior position for a large national non-for-profit organization. just odd

#178 Tybee

Tybee

Rowsdower!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2007 - 03:50 PM

I went through this once or twice. There was a pre-interview, and then sometimes even a pre- pre-interview, where they'd ask a few questions by e-mail, THEN call and do an informal (but not really) interview, and THEN call you in to actually talk to real live people. And after all that I decided they were assholes and I would happily take less money to work elsewhere...which I did.

#179 Wombat

Wombat

CAGcast or nothin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2007 - 04:03 PM

On a side note, my best friend just called his boss just laid him off from a job he has had for 5 years. Also my wife's Great Uncle just passed away so it looks like its going to be one of those days.

#180 terpkristin

terpkristin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2007 - 09:00 PM

Youch, Wombat.

Good luck with the new job interview, and I really hope your day got better after noon.

/tk
terpkristin
Find me on XBLA and PSN as terpkristin
Wii: 4059 1919 9282 7625
Now Playing: trying to go through the stack of games...
Trying to update the blog regularly.. http://gimpygal.blogspot.com
http://kristin.seidelmann-owners.com/