The Wombat Journal

• Please log in to reply
192 replies to this topic

#181 E*Master

E*Master

Cross Border Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2007 - 02:28 PM

Those prescreening emails are actually a lot more common than you think. I once had to fill out a 5 page website thing with radio buttons with questions. I guess it saves them time. I hope ur day got better.
Cross Border Gaming Podcast- http://crossbordergaming.com Discussing the latest games, busting Wombat's chops, and hating on PETA.

My CAG Blog

#182 Silverwolf

Silverwolf

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 13 September 2007 - 01:25 PM

You sound nice enough and you have a great sense of humor. And from the few podcast I've heard you do have the industry knowledge so I bid you luck. In the event that you do get what you're looking for (pockets full of cash) don't ever forget where you came from and get cocky. There's an old Chinese saying that goes "man with hands in pocket, feels cocky" (feel free to use Chinese accent when reading this, it helps).

#183 lordwow

lordwow

Fmr. VP of the OTT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2007 - 01:40 PM

You sound nice enough and you have a great sense of humor. And from the few podcast I've heard you do have the industry knowledge so I bid you luck. In the event that you do get what you're looking for (pockets full of cash) don't ever forget where you came from and get cocky. There's an old Chinese saying that goes "man with hands in pocket, feels cocky" (feel free to use Chinese accent when reading this, it helps).

And the "out of left field" post of the year award goes to...
Currently Playing: Borderlands 2 (360), Black Ops (360)

Posted Image

#184 Silverwolf

Silverwolf

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 13 September 2007 - 02:24 PM

And the "out of left field" post of the year award goes to...

swing batter batter swing!!

#185 LiK

LiK

Internet Superstar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2007 - 03:11 PM

feel the love
63362.png
Blog | Twitter
"You lazy f*ck!" - Artie Lange to CheapyD on 8/31/09

#186 Nephlabobo

Nephlabobo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2007 - 05:40 PM

Congratulations on your new PSP!

May I recommend you pick up "Crush" for PSP from Sega?

It's a fun platformer with unique controls.

#187 elsnow77

elsnow77

Posted 15 September 2007 - 12:47 AM

wtf??????8-[
Posted Image

The puppy I have was unfortunately destroyed by a very cute component cable. I'm looking to see if someone has an extra puppy.

#188 Sulik2

Sulik2

Fallout Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2007 - 01:47 AM

I would like to make a few comic recommendations.

The Ron Marz run of Witchblade is really really good. Not just a TNA book anymore good story and the First Born is great so far.

Also, I can't believe you aren't reading the Sinestro Corps attack. This is a Green Lantern story at its best. The entire corps being attacked on galactic scale with implications for the whole multiverse.
Posted Image

#189 Wombat

Wombat

CAGcast or nothin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2007 - 12:54 PM

Practice for my new blog (bare with me)

Team Fortress 2; or how I learned to stop worrying and love the Medic

So, this weekend I spent a majority of my time playing Team Fortress 2, and I learned a few things not only about myself but human nature in general. I also learned that Valve needs to fix the lag issues ASAP. Any room over 8 people is like playing in a room full of gelatin dessert, hmmm ideas for Portal 2. Dedicated servers maybe, please.
Fixable problems aside, this is a game that values teamwork and tough decision making. Like ordering in a restaurant, you make your decision and that’s what you get. You can’t pick up someone’s leftover steak just because it’s more powerful than your chicken. That to me is what makes this game so unique, no running around looking for that super weapon in the middle of the board. If I am a scout I know what I got and I need to use it the best of my ability, or wait till I die and turn into an engineer. It is with that statement that I bring you what your TF2 character choice says about you:

The Scout: “don’t worry I got it” The person that picks the scout says he’s team player but deep down is really a glory hog. All offense, no defense, all about winning it for everyone and making sure we are all aware who stole that last check point. The closest thing to a high school football star in the game. Just be glad there is no friendly fire, because if there was he’d probably kill you for the briefcase just before you hit the basement.

The Soldier: “Rocket Launcher and a shotgun, this guy is gonna be awesome!” Ahhh the statement of a newbie, it’s easy to spot the new guy because they always pick the soldier and die quickly, but be warned dumb luck is sometimes on his side. On the bright side this guy is usually just happy to be playing and willing to take orders, just like a good soldier. He is usually the invited friend of a scout.

The Pyro: “Let’s go the em, I’ll stay here for a bit” The strong silent type, usually an experienced offensive player who likes the having the ability to fall back. Brags when he kills someone but rarely gets in the middle of the fight. Doesn’t take orders but doesn’t really make mistakes either. If you have a friend looking to get into your already full room, he’s the guy you should boot.

Stay tuned for parts 2 and 3 later today:

#190 LiK

LiK

Internet Superstar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2007 - 01:07 PM

Wombat, cool, i hope they fix that lag issue you mentioned by the time i get OB. i might get it this week
63362.png
Blog | Twitter
"You lazy f*ck!" - Artie Lange to CheapyD on 8/31/09

#191 GAMERMASTERMAN

GAMERMASTERMAN

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2007 - 05:28 AM

ur practice is pretty good, not perfect, but not bad either, yet its higher than mediocre

good luck with the new job wombat:bow:
im 100% for it and congratulate u on 1 condition,you dont abandon the CAGs ;)
and if u do, i promise to post bad stuff on all ur articles u write for wherever ur going!
if its an internet site that is

but i know u wont abandon the CAGs :)
Posted Image
Shipwreck-"They mess with my McDonalds little person set, they're gunna get a little person in the head."

#192 Nephlabobo

Nephlabobo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2007 - 01:22 PM

Pretty good overall, but it's "bear" with me.

Bare with me means "Let's take off our clothes together".

I see why you need an intern. ;)

#193 McBacon

McBacon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2007 - 01:49 PM

Cool, I like the idea. Funny and informative, a deadly combination.
Posted Image Posted Image