Wii Trauma Center Impressions - Stop playing FPSs & BUY IT!

Ecofreak

CAGiversary!
Feedback
24 (100%)
Posted from GoNintendo.com, here are a few of the more choice quotes from the article by ComputerAndVideogames.com

[quote name='SITE.com'] We had concerns about the Wii remote's accuracy, because we know through playing the DS version that precise application of the tools, particularly the scalpel, forceps and laser is essential. The slightest slip could injure your patient. But believe us - quash all your concerns now because we had no problem whatsoever making tiny movements on screen with absolute precision. The stitching has been massively improved, with the bad gesture recognition of the DS version now refined to 100 percent reliability.

And if you're thinking that having played the DS version will make playing this pointless, you're wrong. Yes, this is a remake, but there will be so many new features that it's hardly the same at all. There's a new playable character with all new operations (including new operation types that you never saw on DS), and even multiple difficulty options, for those who couldn't quite reach the NINJA level of skill required to get anywhere in the DS game. [/QUOTE]

Consider me pumped and glad that it is turning out so well!

There is also a new video posted by IGN for your viewing pleasure: http://media.wii.ign.com/media/815/815016/vids_1.html

Hm... I was planning on switching this preorder to something else, since I haven't really gotten very far in the DS version yet. Now I have to think about it.

Hopefully they remove the GUILT stuff... that shit killed Trauma Center for me, it was fun until I was operating on imaginary bugs and other bullshit.

[quote name='Roufuss']Hopefully they remove the GUILT stuff... that shit killed Trauma Center for me, it was fun until I was operating on imaginary bugs and other bullshit.[/QUOTE]

LOL, the GUILT stuff is introduced like in the 13th operation. You must have hated 3/4 of that game if you finished it.

I was definitely on the fence about this game before I watched that IGN video. The flashlight sequence and the broken bone operation make me want to get this game. My wife loves those real life ER shows on Discovery and TLC so I thought she would like the DS version, but she doesn't like playing on such a small screen. The Wii version would be perfect for her (especially since it has difficulty options).

[quote name='Roufuss']Hopefully they remove the GUILT stuff... that shit killed Trauma Center for me, it was fun until I was operating on imaginary bugs and other bullshit.[/QUOTE]

Doesnt happen if you watch the IGN rpeview you will see its still there.

[quote name='lebowsky']LOL, the GUILT stuff is introduced like in the 13th operation. You must have hated 3/4 of that game if you finished it.
[/QUOTE]

I never finished Truama Center for the DS, I got one or two operations into the land of stupidity and GUILT and stopped playing.

I thought the game was amazing until they introduced that crap. I remember thinking to myself "Wow, this game is so awesome, I hope it just keeps getting better" and all of a sudden it took the worst downward spiral that I've ever seen in a video game imo.

I agree. It started off really cool, but then became retarted.

The annoying thing is that you had to repeat each GUILT operation like 3 times to beat the game and each time got more and more frustratingly difficult. That said, I'm on the final mission of chapter 6 and I don't think I'll ever finish it.

I was thinkning of getting this at launch, but I just don't know... I already have the DS version and I haven't even completed it yet.

I'll probably just get Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, and wait for Mario Galaxy in January or whenever it's coming out.

[quote name='Roufuss']Hopefully they remove the GUILT stuff... that shit killed Trauma Center for me, it was fun until I was operating on imaginary bugs and other bullshit.[/QUOTE]Yeah, I never got very far because of the GUILT stuff. Not only was it hard, it wasn't nearly as interesting as the more realistic ailments.

[quote name='ZForce']The annoying thing is that you had to repeat each GUILT operation like 3 times to beat the game and each time got more and more frustratingly difficult. That said, I'm on the final mission of chapter 6 and I don't think I'll ever finish it.[/QUOTE]

Ignore the bugs. That is the key to that operation. If you try to zap all of those bastards, you will never beat it. Concentrate on slicing the webs and pumping up the vitals any chance you get.

bread's done
Back