Buy at Launch OR Wait a while
Posted 05 October 2006 - 05:25 PM
Posted 05 October 2006 - 08:29 PM
Posted 05 October 2006 - 08:51 PM
Awhile being until Smash Bros is released.
I'm broke right now, so that's the only reason I'm waiting. But come the release of SSBB, the Wii will be mine.
Posted 05 October 2006 - 08:57 PM
Posted 05 October 2006 - 09:46 PM
There's just too many games that I know I want to play for systems I already own, so it doesn't make sense for me to spend my gaming money on a Wii right now.
Now, if mrs. shipwreck decides she wants to get me one for Christmas, I'd be fine with that.
Posted 05 October 2006 - 09:53 PM
Posted 05 October 2006 - 10:12 PM
Pro- being able to play Zelda right away.
Con- gun shy about buying first release hardware for any console launch.
Posted 05 October 2006 - 10:20 PM
DID SOMEBODY SAY "TOOT"?!?
I WILL MOTHERF--KING BAN THE F--KING SHIT OUT OF YOU
Posted 05 October 2006 - 11:16 PM
Posted 05 October 2006 - 11:29 PM
Rares/Imports!! - GB/GBA/DS ~ PS1/PS2/PSP ~ Saturn/Dreamcast ~ Xbox/Xbox360 ~ PC Games ~Promo stuff
Comics/Manga/RPG Books/Posters/Trading cards/CCGs ~ DVDs/VCDs/LDs ~ Hong Kong Movies
Posted 05 October 2006 - 11:32 PM
Tradelist There is no need to fight, there are items for all:-P
Perrin Kaplan on Sex/Violence in Games -"Parents who use video games as a babysitter shouldn't have sex to begin with"
Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Posted 06 October 2006 - 12:00 AM
Posted 06 October 2006 - 01:49 AM
If it was $200 with 2 controllers I'd jump in, but as it is I'll wait unless a game turns into a must-have for me or I check out a kiosk demo and the whole controller thing floors me.
Posted 06 October 2006 - 03:31 AM
Combine that with having traded in/sold online nearly enough old games that were gathing dust to pay for the console and it's a no brainer for me.
Posted 06 October 2006 - 04:12 AM
Have they confirmed a price on the component cable?
I don't think so, but I don't have high hopes on the pricing for that.
Posted 06 October 2006 - 04:13 AM
Hopefully they are not going to be $60.00, like those Madcatz ones. That is probably a price holder though, eh?
Posted 06 October 2006 - 04:40 AM
It's cheap to ship to/from Canada. Please take a look at Magiic's Magiical Shipping Guide.
For info on Canadian Customs and Tax exemption check Here, Here and Here
Posted 06 October 2006 - 06:00 AM
I'm not especially worried about them selling out everywhere, I just want to get one as soon as possible.
Posted 06 October 2006 - 06:36 AM
day of the launch . Hopefully by strolling into GR and picking up my not yet existing preorder. We shall see...
Though I am part of the camp disappointed at the $250 + only one controller, I'm getting one right away. With 4 of us in the family (me and 3 kids) chomping at the bit to play, I can't hardly put it off. I'll be really pissed (though not surprised) if the component cables aren't bundled and cost me $60 - because that means the Wii costs $310, not $250. Way back in 2003, my Gamecube cost $135 and came with the Zelda collection ($35 for the component cables via Nintendo). But I'll get one anyway... Having trade credit at GR and EB that will cover it in full makes the sting from the $310 (well, actually, $370 since I'll need at least one extra set of controllers) not so bad .
FWIW, I found out yesterday that you can preorder the controllers at Gamerush. All 3, actually - "controller", "classic controller", and "nunchuck". So I take that as a good sign that they will, in fact, get the systems in (which was under some doubt for a while there).
Posted 06 October 2006 - 09:36 AM
Posted 06 October 2006 - 03:18 PM
I am dead serious about getting a system at launch. I'm just undecided as to how I'm going to go about doing that. I'm pretty keen on the idea of getting the machine at a midnight sale though. If I can get to a Wal-Mart on Nov. 18th after I get out of work, and the entire stock isn't spoken for by people already in line, then that's where I'll get it. I may still preorder it somewhere, too, just in case.
I'm not especially worried about them selling out everywhere, I just one to get one as soon as possible.
Yeah, I'm in the same boat. If these new production estimates are even somewhat accurate, then I don't see much reason to be worried about an immediate sell-out, but I'm more concerned with making sure I get what I want when I want it. For that reason, I don't mind doing the Wal-Mart wait - it's not a waste of time for me, because by doing the wait, I'm guaranteeing that I'll get the system and all of the games I want a little after midnight. No worrying, no risks, no concerns - and all it'll take is an afternoon/night out of our lives. So I'm with ya there!
Posted 06 October 2006 - 03:44 PM