- - - - -

Buy at Launch OR Wait a while

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#31 psunami

psunami

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2006 - 05:25 PM

Launch. I won't be waiting in line though. I'll try to get one through Best Buy's first online sales, like I did with my 360 last year.

#32 Wolfpup

Wolfpup

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2006 - 08:29 PM

I'm going to try to get one at launch. Who knows if I actually can or not. (Since there haven't even been many preorders yet.)

#33 JohnnyDrama

JohnnyDrama

VICTORY!!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2006 - 08:35 PM

wait a while, but I'll definitely get one

#34 Predator Ranger

Predator Ranger

Admiral Awesome

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2006 - 08:51 PM

Wait Awhile.

Awhile being until Smash Bros is released.

I'm broke right now, so that's the only reason I'm waiting. But come the release of SSBB, the Wii will be mine.
Posted Image

#35 Blind the Thief

Blind the Thief

I want my Mother.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2006 - 08:57 PM

Is there anyone here that expected me to say anything except "launch"?

#36 Sofa King Kool

Sofa King Kool

Is srsly...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2006 - 09:38 PM

Defienetly getting it at launch.

Posted Image

#37 shipwreck

shipwreck

CAG Reviews Editor

• Super Moderators

Posted 05 October 2006 - 09:46 PM

I'm going to wait for a price drop. I don't really need one right now, so I'll just wait until the system and games drop to a more reasonable price for me. Plus, by doing so, I'll be able to avoid any games that I'd get suckered into buying at launch just because I wanted games for the new system.

There's just too many games that I know I want to play for systems I already own, so it doesn't make sense for me to spend my gaming money on a Wii right now.

Now, if mrs. shipwreck decides she wants to get me one for Christmas, I'd be fine with that.
"Red-Headed Pain In The Ass" - Wombat
Posted Image

#38 Michaellvortega

Michaellvortega

Halo 3 is coming........

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2006 - 09:53 PM

I'll buy one right away just for the heck of it.
DISCLAIMER:These postings are provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
Posted Image

#39 keithp

keithp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2006 - 10:12 PM

Undecided.

Pro- being able to play Zelda right away.

Con- gun shy about buying first release hardware for any console launch.

#40 CoffeeEdge

CoffeeEdge

Resident Communaut

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2006 - 10:20 PM

Launch. If they don't do preorders, I'll be camping the night before.
Hi...

DID SOMEBODY SAY "TOOT"?!?
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image I WILL MOTHERF--KING BAN THE F--KING SHIT OUT OF YOU Posted Image

Posted Image

#41 ArthurDigbySellers

ArthurDigbySellers

Not exactly a lightweight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2006 - 11:16 PM

Launch. Nintendo hardware is typically rock solid (DS Lite hinge issues aside).

Currently Drinking:
Homebrew

#42 Noodle Pirate!

Noodle Pirate!

My Cat > Your Cat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2006 - 11:29 PM

Love to get one at launch, but gonna wait till theres more games that I'm interested in. Right now its just trauma center and thats not quite enough to push me to get one. Also want to see how the multiplayer and vc feedback is.
:whee:Check out my Tradelist for tons of games! Updated 11/21/08
Rares/Imports!! - GB/GBA/DS ~ PS1/PS2/PSP ~ Saturn/Dreamcast ~ Xbox/Xbox360 ~ PC Games ~Promo stuff
Comics/Manga/RPG Books/Posters/Trading cards/CCGs ~ DVDs/VCDs/LDs ~ Hong Kong Movies

Posted Image

#43 neudog

neudog

Airborne!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2006 - 11:32 PM

Launch, but only because I've accumulated GS store credit.
:bouncy:HAPPY GAMING:bouncy:
Tradelist Posted ImageThere is no need to fight, there are items for all:-P
Perrin Kaplan on Sex/Violence in Games -"Parents who use video games as a babysitter shouldn't have sex to begin with"
Posted Image
Posted Image
Uploaded with ImageShack.us

#44 judyjudyjudy

judyjudyjudy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2006 - 11:34 PM

I'm waiting, but only because my bf is getting one at launch :) I'm gonna wait in line with him tho, so who knows...
My games, DVDs, and feedback.

#45 Demontooth

Demontooth

cheapest ass of them all

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2006 - 12:00 AM

If I can walk into Wal-Mart that afternoon and pick one up, I may buy one at launch, if not, I will get it eventually. I'm not going to camp out/preorder/waste any of my time over this.

If you're gonna be a bear, be a grizzly

153639.png

Demontooth1.png

#46 wubb

wubb

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2006 - 01:49 AM

I'll probably wait. Give it a bit of time for the library to get a nice crop of good games. That's my plan for any system launch really.

If it was $200 with 2 controllers I'd jump in, but as it is I'll wait unless a game turns into a must-have for me or I check out a kiosk demo and the whole controller thing floors me.

#47 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 06 October 2006 - 03:31 AM

Getting one at launch as I'm dying to play zelda with the new controls, and there's now way there will be a price drop on it before more games I'm dying to play (Smash Bros, Metroid, Mario etc.) come out anyway.

Combine that with having traded in/sold online nearly enough old games that were gathing dust to pay for the console and it's a no brainer for me.

#48 Ikohn4ever

Ikohn4ever

No Women, No Children

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2006 - 04:02 AM

i got close to 400 in eb cred, i am buyin it asap
"Men have become the tools of their tools." - Thoreau
Smash Code
1805-1831-0940 Ikohn
Posted ImagePosted Image DVDs My Games

#49 mofo1115

mofo1115

CAG gone to college!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2006 - 04:12 AM

Have they confirmed a price on the component cable?

I don't think so, but I don't have high hopes on the pricing for that.

#50 ratzombie

ratzombie

aka yunkie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2006 - 04:13 AM

Yup, no official word on component cables yet. We don't even know if they will be bundled in with the Wii or not, but probably not.

Hopefully they are not going to be $60.00, like those Madcatz ones. That is probably a price holder though, eh?

#51 maigoyume

maigoyume

The Lost Dreamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2006 - 04:40 AM

If the bundle at my local TRU is good i'll get it at launch, otherwise i'm playing the waiting game
Posted Image

It's cheap to ship to/from Canada. Please take a look at Magiic's Magiical Shipping Guide.
For info on Canadian Customs and Tax exemption check Here,
Here and Here
Currently Playing:
Spoiler

#52 Sgt Grumbles

Sgt Grumbles

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2006 - 06:00 AM

I am dead serious about getting a system at launch. I'm just undecided as to how I'm going to go about doing that. I'm pretty keen on the idea of getting the machine at a midnight sale though. If I can get to a Wal-Mart on Nov. 18th after I get out of work, and the entire stock isn't spoken for by people already in line, then that's where I'll get it. I may still preorder it somewhere, too, just in case.

I'm not especially worried about them selling out everywhere, I just want to get one as soon as possible.

#53 io

io

Posted 06 October 2006 - 06:36 AM

I'm getting one at lunch,

day of the launch :D. Hopefully by strolling into GR and picking up my not yet existing preorder. We shall see...

Though I am part of the camp disappointed at the $250 + only one controller, I'm getting one right away. With 4 of us in the family (me and 3 kids) chomping at the bit to play, I can't hardly put it off. I'll be really pissed (though not surprised) if the component cables aren't bundled and cost me $60 - because that means the Wii costs $310, not $250. Way back in 2003, my Gamecube cost $135 and came with the Zelda collection ($35 for the component cables via Nintendo). But I'll get one anyway... Having trade credit at GR and EB that will cover it in full makes the sting from the $310 (well, actually, $370 since I'll need at least one extra set of controllers) not so bad :D.

FWIW, I found out yesterday that you can preorder the controllers at Gamerush. All 3, actually - "controller", "classic controller", and "nunchuck". So I take that as a good sign that they will, in fact, get the systems in (which was under some doubt for a while there).

#54 Mr. Anderson

Mr. Anderson

spends too much time here

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2006 - 09:36 AM

I'm rearranging my room for it. You know I'm getting one at launch.

samuraifez.png

#55 megashock5

megashock5

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2006 - 01:18 PM

Hopefully at launch. That is my plan, but I'm concerned about supply/demand.
Posted Image

"Nothing's impossible except for dinosaurs"

Game CollectionMusic CollectionMy Original Music

#56 Oops! I did it again.

Oops! I did it again.

The Circus era is HERE!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2006 - 03:18 PM

I am dead serious about getting a system at launch. I'm just undecided as to how I'm going to go about doing that. I'm pretty keen on the idea of getting the machine at a midnight sale though. If I can get to a Wal-Mart on Nov. 18th after I get out of work, and the entire stock isn't spoken for by people already in line, then that's where I'll get it. I may still preorder it somewhere, too, just in case.

I'm not especially worried about them selling out everywhere, I just one to get one as soon as possible.

Yeah, I'm in the same boat. If these new production estimates are even somewhat accurate, then I don't see much reason to be worried about an immediate sell-out, but I'm more concerned with making sure I get what I want when I want it. For that reason, I don't mind doing the Wal-Mart wait - it's not a waste of time for me, because by doing the wait, I'm guaranteeing that I'll get the system and all of the games I want a little after midnight. No worrying, no risks, no concerns - and all it'll take is an afternoon/night out of our lives. So I'm with ya there! :)

#57 Sgt. Baker

Sgt. Baker

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2006 - 03:44 PM

Launch. Provided I can get a preorder when EB starts taking them.